NEurope
Emasher

Vancouver 2010 (Olympics)

This is the second time thay have hosted the winter games.

Bjrk.jpg

I think they've hosted the Winter ones twice, and the Summer ones once.

Third including normal olympics and they have never won a gold in either of them before you pedantic pessimist.

1976- Montreal Summer Olympics.

I enjoyed the Womens Snowboard Cross last night, though there wasn't as much excitement in the races as in the mens. Feel sorry for the American, Jacobellis (sp?) just clipping the flag and getting DQ'd.

Looking forward to the halfpipe tonight, should be awesome.

It's the third.

Third Olympics overall, it's the second Winter one.

1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal.

1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary.

2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Third including normal olympics and they have never won a gold in either of them before you pedantic pessimist.

1976- Montreal Summer Olympics.

I wasnt being pedantic you said they had hosted two witer games before. And i coudnt work out what you were on about.

I enjoyed the Womens Snowboard Cross last night, though there wasn't as much excitement in the races as in the mens. Feel sorry for the American, Jacobellis (sp?) just clipping the flag and getting DQ'd.

Looking forward to the halfpipe tonight, should be awesome.

Aha that's what I came in here to discuss, not some shit about how many winter Olympic games there had been! I caught this last night purely by chance as I wasn't doing anything else and watched it from qualifying up to the final. Jaquobellis was really unfortunate with the flag at the start, really showed her worth though in the small final. Shame about our girl Zoe, was hoping tosee her do well in the small final, never did find out what happened. Any idea?

I really should try and watch more of the Games, the WSX is the only one I've managed to see but I really enjoyed it. Shall keep an eye out.

Shame about our girl Zoe, was hoping tosee her do well in the small final, never did find out what happened. Any idea?
Yeah I wanted to know aswell... when I was watching it looked to me like there was a problem with her gate, but that can't have been the case or they would have done something.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/vancouver_2010/alpine_skiing/8521121.stm

Anyone else see this? All that preparation... for 5 seconds on the track!

He knows he shouldn't, but @1:28 even the commentator had to laugh about that one!

So what are the chances of team GB wining an event?

I think our best chances are in the curling? Both the men's and women's teams are very good.

We've set ourselves a target of 3 medals of any colour.

Is there many lft in the womens team from when we won? was it 8 years ago?

Is there many lft in the womens team from when we won? was it 8 years ago?

I don't think so... From what I've heard this year the whole women's team has been rejuvenated by our 19 year old captain.

Shame about our girl Zoe, was hoping tosee her do well in the small final, never did find out what happened. Any idea?

I heard somewhere she hurt her knee.

Anyway does anyone know where I can get a video of Shaun Whites 2nd run in the final of the Snowboard Halfpipe? I set the Sky Plus to record it but it stops after 40mins... a few riders into the 2nd runs, damnit. All the vids on Youtube that I can find have been removed already.

Amy Williams is currently half a second ahead in the Skeleton live on BBC2 and the website after the 3rd run. Unless something seriously bad happens in the 4th run (at 00:55) she should take the gold.

Well worth a watch if you're still up.

Watching it now. Shelly just had a great run, shame about the little hit in the Thunderbirds (final) turn. Looking forward to last few runs.

Happy we got a medal was starting to think it wasnt going to happen for us.