NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Raikou: February 7th 2011 to February 13th 2011

Entei: February 14th 2011 to February 20th 2011

Suicune: February 21st 2011 to February 27th 2011

I am definitely getting Pokemon Black or White day one, I've pretty much ignored them since Gold and Silver but these have me intrigued for some reason. Nice to see some familiar faces as the shiny beasts too :D

Cannot wait for these games to be released. I have been a fan since the original games, but I went a bit quiet during the Ruby/Sapphire days.

Heart Gold & Soul Silver were amazing games imo.

Just seen for those interested that shopto.net have the games available for pre-order at £26.86.

Now to decide which to go for. Decisions decisions... :blank:

(Would post URL's but it says i have to have more than 15 posts...) Sorry guys.

I have an American copy of Diamond. Does that mean I can't get the Wifi events for Raikou/Entei/Suicune? :(

I have an American copy of Diamond. Does that mean I can't get the Wifi events for Raikou/Entei/Suicune? :(

From what I have been able to glean, the US games and UK games run off of the same WiFi server so it's very probable you will get them

In English name news, the new issue of Nintendo Power in America, the February issue, has announced that the Live Caster, the feature for video chat in the games through the use of the DSi, DSiXL or 3DS, has been given the name of; Xtransceiver (pronounced as Cross Transceiver). This feature is also utilised in-game in a similar means to the PokéGear in HeartGold & SoulSilver to allow you to keep in contact with your rivals, Professor Juniper and your in-game mother

From what I have been able to glean, the US games and UK games run off of the same WiFi server so it's very probable you will get them

In English name news, the new issue of Nintendo Power in America, the February issue, has announced that the Live Caster, the feature for video chat in the games through the use of the DSi, DSiXL or 3DS, has been given the name of; Xtransceiver (pronounced as Cross Transceiver). This feature is also utilised in-game in a similar means to the PokéGear in HeartGold & SoulSilver to allow you to keep in contact with your rivals, Professor Juniper and your in-game mother

I know I'm new here but first off I want to start by saying, Serebii, you are amazing and I love your website and have read it almost every day for many MANY years now. Thankyou for all your hard work.:bowdown:

I am 50/50 about black and white. Most the new pokemon I dont like, and I'm not overkeen on hearing about 3v3 battle system.

The TM re-use also not soo great cause, if like me you battle in tournys, it will be annoying when every member of the squad has the same moves, hopefuly there will be a rule against it.

None the less, heres me sorting out all my stuff to put on ebay so I can afford the DSi bundle...and the 3DS.

ps-serebii any news on the Jap tourneys and what rules they have? Thought they do the tourneys in december and was hoping to hear this years rules by now so I can come up with another team.

I'm very very glad you enjoy the site :)

The thing with the Pokémon in Black & White is that they grow on you. The designs are creative and not as plain as many of the Generation I ones like Seel, Doduo etc. I've come to the conclusion that most of the Generation V Pokémon are in fact awesome, especially as they bring new type combinations and have awesome stat distributions with some of them lowering Speed to give some incredibly awesome other stats. Take Oobemu for example. It has low Speed but a beastly Special Attack, which is enhanced even more when we get its tertiary ability whenever its released (tertiary abilities are, at the moment, only available on about 60% of the pre-Gen V Pokémon and 4 Gen Vs)

As for the Triple Battles, they, along with the Rotation Battles, are seldom used in-game. However, having played them both in the game and competitively, I must state that they are a lot of fun. It's not just battles with three Pokémon, but there is a massive amount of strategy behind it.

TM re-use, while I agree with you in some ways, is remedied by a wider range of TMs and it being made so not every Pokémon with legs gets Earthquake. Not all Water-types get Ice Beam etc. Though the pre-Gen Vs still have the TM compatibility they had from Gen IV if that move is still a TM.

As for the tournaments, the first details about this year's WCS were announced. Unfortunately, this year, they've announced the following;

• Only Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex can be used (Barring Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Kerudio, Meloetta & Genosect.
  • Each battle is Double Battle
  • Pokémon are lowered to Level 50
  • Can't use the same Pokémon/Items twice or more in the team

I'm very very glad you enjoy the site :)

The thing with the Pokémon in Black & White is that they grow on you. The designs are creative and not as plain as many of the Generation I ones like Seel, Doduo etc. I've come to the conclusion that most of the Generation V Pokémon are in fact awesome, especially as they bring new type combinations and have awesome stat distributions with some of them lowering Speed to give some incredibly awesome other stats. Take Oobemu for example. It has low Speed but a beastly Special Attack, which is enhanced even more when we get its tertiary ability whenever its released (tertiary abilities are, at the moment, only available on about 60% of the pre-Gen V Pokémon and 4 Gen Vs)

As for the Triple Battles, they, along with the Rotation Battles, are seldom used in-game. However, having played them both in the game and competitively, I must state that they are a lot of fun. It's not just battles with three Pokémon, but there is a massive amount of strategy behind it.

TM re-use, while I agree with you in some ways, is remedied by a wider range of TMs and it being made so not every Pokémon with legs gets Earthquake. Not all Water-types get Ice Beam etc. Though the pre-Gen Vs still have the TM compatibility they had from Gen IV if that move is still a TM.

As for the tournaments, the first details about this year's WCS were announced. Unfortunately, this year, they've announced the following;

• Only Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex can be used (Barring Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Kerudio, Meloetta & Genosect.
  • Each battle is Double Battle
  • Pokémon are lowered to Level 50
  • Can't use the same Pokémon/Items twice or more in the team

Oh I do like the new type combinations and I am very excited to learn how to play them :) and I'm sure they will grow on me, but right now only about 30 of them I like.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! ONLY THE NEW POKEMON? Q_Q my plans are ruined! RUINED! :'( ugh I dont even know if I want to go now...thats so ...soo..I'm angry now..

Oh I do like the new type combinations and I am very excited to learn how to play them :) and I'm sure they will grow on me, but right now only about 30 of them I like.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! ONLY THE NEW POKEMON? Q_Q my plans are ruined! RUINED! :'( ugh I dont even know if I want to go now...thats so ...soo..I'm angry now..

Hmm i have to say that the fact you can only play as the new pokemon is the reason i am really excited about this game. Coz i have to say, running into wild geodude's and zubat's every time you enter a cave is getting very annoying now. Especially since they seem to be in every game since the original red and blue!

New pokemon to learn about is always interesting i think. And you are not totally over faced with like 400 odd pokemon in one game.

I think (for me), this will take me right back to the start when pokemon was new, exciting and fun to learn about. All the different names, evolutions, types, moves, strengths, weaknesses etc.

I'm really excited! :bouncy:

And i will also add that Serebii has been my pokemon website of choice for years. Brilliantly informative!

Hmm i have to say that the fact you can only play as the new pokemon is the reason i am really excited about this game. Coz i have to say, running into wild geodude's and zubat's every time you enter a cave is getting very annoying now. Especially since they seem to be in every game since the original red and blue!

New pokemon to learn about is always interesting i think. And you are not totally over faced with like 400 odd pokemon in one game.

I think (for me), this will take me right back to the start when pokemon was new, exciting and fun to learn about. All the different names, evolutions, types, moves, strengths, weaknesses etc.

I'm really excited! :bouncy:

And i will also add that Serebii has been my pokemon website of choice for years. Brilliantly informative!

for competitive battling purposes having barely 100 'new' pokemon being the only ones useable, EVERYONES GOING TO BE BATTLING WITH THE SAME DAMN MONSTERS!

for competitive battling purposes having barely 100 'new' pokemon being the only ones useable, EVERYONES GOING TO BE BATTLING WITH THE SAME DAMN MONSTERS!

The Pokémon VGC allowed the more powerful legendary Pokémon last year, so I'd be surprised if the list of 'viable' Pokémon that year exceeded even 20. Kyogre in particular was a very popular choice if I recall. I'd say having 'barely' 100 to choose from this year is a vast improvement. =P

The Pokémon VGC allowed the more powerful legendary Pokémon last year, so I'd be surprised if the list of 'viable' Pokémon that year exceeded even 20. Kyogre in particular was a very popular choice if I recall. I'd say having 'barely' 100 to choose from this year is a vast improvement. =P

It isnt..most of thouse wouldnt be decent enough for pvp battles =/ and theres over 500 they arnt letting us use...its terrible.

I might go download festival instead.

Well they are, but that just means that yours will have to be better...

And each Pokemon does not have the same move set - that decision lies with the 'trainer'. I for one am pretty confident my Pokemon will rule all :D

I for one am pretty confident my Pokemon will rule all :D

No chance! I ALWAYS beat u at pokemon games over the years... <cough> :laughing:

No chance! I ALWAYS beat u at pokemon games over the years... <cough> :laughing:

That is total utter bullshit. :nono:

My Starmie used to own your Pokemon - and then you copied and had your own. Mother Bitch!!

And then i stole Exeggutor from you ... :yay:

Well they are, but that just means that yours will have to be better...

And each Pokemon does not have the same move set - that decision lies with the 'trainer'. I for one am pretty confident my Pokemon will rule all :D

Do you competitively battle? Go to Birmingham to face the most hardcore trainers in this (and other ¬_¬) contry?

Having the same pokemon, albeit different move sets, will make battles so bloody dull and boring. We had legendary battles on PBR once, legendarys vs legendarys is so mindnumbingly boring cause they basicly have the same moves, high stats, and just go on forever.

Do you competitively battle? Go to Birmingham to face the most hardcore trainers in this (and other ¬_¬) contry?

Having the same pokemon, albeit different move sets, will make battles so bloody dull and boring. We had legendary battles on PBR once, legendarys vs legendarys is so mindnumbingly boring cause they basicly have the same moves, high stats, and just go on forever.

No I don't i simply enjoy the game because i like the franchise.

Its only my opinion that i think it will make it a little fresher to have brand new pokemon.

If it was such a bad thing then the original games wouldn't have worked - and they did so i'm looking forward to it. :wink:

People please. I'd defeat you all :P

Anyway, the reason they're doing this is because Black & White are essentially a whole new beginning so they want to monopolise on that before they open up the rest. Think of it just like the Red/Blue tournements with better mechanics

Anyway, the reason they're doing this is because Black & White are essentially a whole new beginning so they want to monopolise on that before they open up the rest. Think of it just like the Red/Blue tournements with better mechanics

Agreed. : peace:

better mechanics yes...but mostly pretty naff pokemon.

I know they want to make it new for everyone but its 50/50, its going to be boring yet interesting if everyones using the same pokemon.

But mostly boring tbh.

I enjoy the franchise for what it is etc, last year was the first year I ventured into competitive battling. From that point of things taking away 500 odd useable pokemon and months we spent on our old teams, giving just about 3 months to learn it all over again, now I'm not sure I will do as well.

Im only bitching about the new rule not the games themselfs.

Balls to that. If I can I'd be giving more mon in my squad stuff like Earthquake in a jiffy. But it does depend on how amazing these new moves may be.

If they focus on lowering stats they can fuck right off.

Balls to that. If I can I'd be giving more mon in my squad stuff like Earthquake in a jiffy. But it does depend on how amazing these new moves may be.

If they focus on lowering stats they can fuck right off.

*uses tail whip*

/eyeroll

*uses tail whip*

/eyeroll

Ah but then there are moves like Butterfly Dance which raises Special Attack, Special Defence and Speed. Not all status moves are rubbish

Status moves are awesome. Playing Platinum, I didn't want to use the starters on my team, and got into an interesting situation at the first gym (rock). Basically, I ended up pwning the place with my Staravia (normal / flying), first spamming Double Team like crazy and then using my totally not very effective Wing Attacks to bring down these guys who had a huge type advantage over me. The tension was brilliant,

"is he gonna hit me this time....................................no" *sigh of relief*

:D

Edited by Ville

Ah but then there are moves like Butterfly Dance which raises Special Attack, Special Defence and Speed. Not all status moves are rubbish

Just memories of status moves being really boring...

but I have alot more respect for some status moves now. Butterfly dance sounds cool.