N-Europe

Microphone too quiet on Advent 4211-C

Wesley

Hey!

Just installed Skype on my girlfriends Advent but the microphone volume is crap.

Everything is turned up to the max, even the booster, and you still have to shout in order to be heard.

I don't know if it has thd correct driver because I installed Windows 7 and the Advent support site is shockingly bad, so I can't find any official Windows 7 drivers for it.

Any suggestions?

From what I understand, a built-in microphone is a "tick box" in a list of things that look good on the box. As hardly anyone (i.e. reviewers) says more than "it has one" then I don't think there's much reasoning for manufacturers to put a good one in a laptop.

So I'm guessing that the problem may simply be that it's a crap microphone and only exists to they can write it on the box.

It's the same on my laptop, and probably most others. I found I had to have my mouth right next to it if the other person was able to hear me. I just bought a cheap headset in the end.

Mine are the same.

Theres a good rule to follow here; Intergrated stuff is basic. And usually crap.

Webcams, mics, graphics, its all the same.

I have to say, this is not the case for me... at Christmas I had about 4 of my family sat around my little laptop using the mic and webcam to great effect, talking to people on the other side of the world. Any fix I could recommend however it seems you have already tried....

That said, if it's not working out for you, buy a nice headset or a desktop mic - they're not expensive.

I have to say, this is not the case for me... at Christmas I had about 4 of my family sat around my little laptop using the mic and webcam to great effect, talking to people on the other side of the world. Any fix I could recommend however it seems you have already tried....

That said, if it's not working out for you, buy a nice headset or a desktop mic - they're not expensive.

My asus's built in microphone is pretty sweet also, not had any issues with it.

I fidn skype is very fickle with its sound stuff though.

Yeah I really think that the microphone is probably fine, as Shorty's is.

I think it's just a driver problem...

But I didn't have time to fix it so me and the girlfriend picked up a Logitech headset for a tenner - works fine.