NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

How would you like that cooked sir?

When you go out to a pub/restaturant and have steak, how do you have it done?

Rare, Medium or Well Done?

I always have Medium, and usually with a pepper or diance sauce....mmmm...and some nice chunky pub chips :grin:

When they do medium-rare thats the best though.

....sorry if the topic is a bit random I was wondering and I'm hungry right now.

I like my steak bloody. between rare and medium rare. My dad cooks the best steaks, no resturant can compare. Theres a peppery taste to it but with some spices too. Not chewy but not tough as leather either. Thats what I hate about english meat. All the flavour gets cooked out and replaced with ketchup.

Well done all the way, though I won't turn down a medium.

And as for sauce, yeah pepper or bearnaise (dunno if that's the correct english term) but it's this:

sauce-bearnaise.jpg

Extremely fatty and very very good :)

I like mine well done with chips and fried egg.......or is that gammon? meh they both sound nice.

Saignant. Preferably with a crunchy outside, which is near impossible but not imposibble. Also i like a lot of onions with it and whatever sauce: cream, peppercream, provencale, jus, wine, mustard, dragon,... .

you cant possibly have a nice well done steak, it's like killing the thing twice.

'french medium' is the best as the french don't fuck steaks up, they cook them lightly however you ask for it.

you cant possibly have a nice well done steak, it's like killing the thing twice.

'french medium' is the best as the french don't fuck steaks up, they cook them lightly however you ask for it.

Yes, thats the way. The french hate english cooking. I would know. French steaks for the win!

Not at all, woo for Vegetarianism.

But before I became veggie think it was medium. I was only young so I wasn't sure and medium sounded best.

there's no beating a medium steak, if it weren't for the whole heart attack thing i'd eat it all day long.

All the flavour gets cooked out and replaced with ketchup.

At least you're not eating reat [/obscure reference]

Anyway, I like my steaks with no red whatsover- to the extreme of well done.

Not at all, woo for Vegetarianism.

But before I became veggie think it was medium. I was only young so I wasn't sure and medium sounded best.

"Man can't live by chips alone" </Max from Max and Paddy>

Why did you become a veggie?

On topic - I like my steaks medium, then I slap some salt. splash of vinegar and some ketchup on it. I am a ketchup-aholic, I can't get enough of the stuff.

I got a surf and turf from Walkabout today, 8oz steak well done, with Prawns and Crawfish Tails, yummy it was.

"Man can't live by chips alone" </Max from Max and Paddy>

Why did you become a veggie?

On topic - I like my steaks medium, then I slap some salt. splash of vinegar and some ketchup on it. I am a ketchup-aholic, I can't get enough of the stuff.

This man doesn't live on chips alone, he has a rounded(ish) diet. And I became a veggie because I didn't eat many meat before I "changed", only really burgers. Plus the whole killing of animals, I heart animals.

If the animal isn't killed for you, it's gonna get killed for someone else. Wether you eat meat or not, the same amount of animals is going to die. It's pure statistical logic of the capitalistic postmodern society i tells ya.

Look, i used difficult words, i'm smart!

If the animal isn't killed for you, it's gonna get killed for someone else. Wether you eat meat or not, the same amount of animals is going to die. It's pure statistical logic of the capitalistic postmodern society i tells ya.

Oh my god, I'm cured, I want the meat!

Feeling sarcy and Tara-inspired.

At least im being proactive, if the "one person can't make a difference" lethargic attitude was used by the likes of Martin Luther the world would be a different place. Obviously im not as active as MLK but just the thinking that "it's going to happen anyway" is silly. Im sure nobody becomes vegetarian because they think its going to stop animals being killed, but rather they do not wish to be the cause of it.

Its not really the consumption idea of meat eating that makes me want to stay vegetarian, more the intensive-farming-murdering-cruel-inhuman way in which they are reared and killed for the sole benefit of some fat steak eating motherfucker who doesnt give a flying fuck about the life of anyone but himself. Period.

AND told you quinny....mormons.....

I love steak, I like it best when it's well-done, nice and burnt. With fat chips by the side of it, add abit of pepper and salt to the steak and dip it in tomato sauce is lovely. :)

Its not really the consumption idea of meat eating that makes me want to stay vegetarian, more the intensive-farming-murdering-cruel-inhuman way in which they are reared and killed for the sole benefit of some fat steak eating motherfucker who doesnt give a flying fuck about the life of anyone but himself. Period.

AND told you quinny....mormons.....

bigpot6.jpg

Sign in to follow this