Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2010

Retro_Link

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does appear to be Petrov on the left there.
Does indeed!

I'm looking forward to seeing a new livery now hopefully!

EDIT:

Oh and here it is!... much better than the last couple of years!!

renaultk.jpg

l_00410801_016-2

l_00410801_013-2

l_00410801_001-2

Only two race seats left!!

Edited by Retro_Link

Saw the spyshots of that Renault a few days ago, so glad that they turned out to be real, great paintjob. Sauber colours look good too, right back to their early 90's original theme.

Not a big fan of the fins of the McLaren, Renault or Sauber though, getting very excited for the start of testing now.

Haven't posted in a while but my impressions on the cars so far:

Ferrari: Love the colour scheme! The white on it actually looks really good and I get the feeling it's gonna look beautiful on tracks like Circuit De Catalunya with the sun baring down on it :) That said I'm not really liking the front wing and I dunno, it just looks a bit meh in some of the shots I've seen.

Mclaren: Probably the best looking F1 car i've seen. Ffs it looks like it's gonna tear the track up.

Sauber: Plain plain plain. That said I don't think that being plain is a bad thing, but I used to love the old Sauber look from back in the day. Hopefully they'll have a good season, would be great to see them getting regular points once again. Was always a fan of them growing up but that's mainly because they used (and once again will) Ferrari engines...

Reanult: I've thrown up better looking things.

New cars from today:

Mercedes W01: Complete with Red Bull nose!

1265012889.jpg

Think the livery looks much better on this car, than when they previewed it on last years car, still not a massive fan of it though.

Toro Rosso TR05: Which could very well be last years Red Bull?!

ajbc8zs92.jpg

And what I guess is the ACTUAL Renault R30:

144369.jpg

Crazy rear wing!!

Morning pictures: McLaren looks ace!!

l__g7c9700-2l__g7c9661-2l__g7c9477-2l__g7c9463-2l__g7c9456-2l__g7c9448-2l__g7c9442-2l__g7c9430-2

Edited by Retro_Link

I do love that side shot of the Mclaren. The Merc looks like the designer fell of his chair while drawing the outline. :heh:

Also, seems odd Williams haven't bothered to do a quick unveiling photo-op like the other teams yet. Is that coming later today?

haha, yeah the front of the Merc nose has got some angle to it alright!

I'm not sure about Williams, they didn't give a launch date for their car, then they had a shakedown at Silverstone and nothing since!

Looking at the McLaren and Williams in those two side shots, other than the McLarens engine cover, the rest of the car actually looks reasonably similar to one another. Hopefully that will bode well for them!

The more I look at the back end of the McLaren the more of a total mess it seems to be. None of it looks right put together, like they had a load of really good parts, all from different cars and thought if they just bodged them all together they would have a fast car.

Granted that could well turn out to be the case.

I reckon they've gone for something that really intergrates in well with the diffuser, so it might not be prettiest solution, but if it gets the job done!

I couldn't be more pissed off about this diffuser thing. Once again, as with KERS (for Ferrari and McLaren), the teams have put money into R&D to develop cars around this complex diffuser, which wont even be on the cars next year!

It's a complete waste of time and money, and the most annoying things is, it's for something that's actually making the sport worse!

101wri.jpg

105wri.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

I agree with Retro on the diffuser stuff, they should've banned the damn thing last year :/ Oh well what can we do, tbh i'm looking forward to when they are banned; cars will have less downforce and will produce less dirty air, which can only be a good thing. They really need to make braking distances greater though.... :/

Schumacher was bloody quick today............ :D

Yeah good times from Schumacher today, firmly on the pace.

However, after last year I'm not going to read anything at all into testing this year... unless there's a car consistently at the front 0.5/1sec faster than the rest, as we had with Brawn in the 2nd week last year. What with the big fuel tanks this year, there are too many possible weights for the cars to be running with.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81190

Rosberg should 'get out' says Barrichello

Rubens Barrichello has warned Nico Rosberg that he may need to 'get out' of Mercedes GP if he wants to achieve his full potential in Formula 1, now that Michael Schumacher is his team-mate.

Barrichello has mixed emotions about his lengthy spell alongside Schumacher at Ferrari - especially as he had to play a number two role for most of his time there.

When asked if he had any advice for Schumacher's new team-mate Rosberg, Barrichello's cheeky response was: "Yeah. Get out of there! That is the only thing I can tell him. He needs to drive fast and don't crash: Ross will always tell you that before the race."

Although Barrichello admits his comment is slightly extreme, he does think that the speed that Schumacher showed on his return to F1 action at Valencia should serve as a warning to Rosberg.

"He [Nico] is a great talent and I wish him all the best, and maybe tomorrow you will see the newspapers saying, 'Rubens tells Nico to get out of there', but I am not being bad about it," he said.

"Knowing what I know, and seeing how fast Michael went today, it is going to be a tough job. I wish him all the best because I think he is a talented boy who can be world champion. If he has the chances of being world champion in the same team as Michael, then he can be world champion anywhere. Let's put it this way."

Despite his comments about racing alongside Schumacher in the same team, Barrichello has welcomed the return of veterans like the seven-time champion and Pedro de la Rosa to F1 this year.

"It is good to see them back," he said. "I think after last year, when I drove a competitive car and almost won the championship, it honestly gives some of the people from the paddock a different sensation.

"Because five years ago it was all about Kimi Raikkonen and new drivers - F1 wanting new drivers all the time. With [Robert] Kubica it was all the same. Now with the lack of testing, no testing, it makes the older drivers attractive."

Unofficial Monday test times from Valencia:

1. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:12.574, 102 Laps

2. Pedro de la Rosa, BMW Sauber, 1:12.784, 74 Laps

3. Michael Schumacher, Mercedes GP, 1:12.947, 40 Laps

4. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes GP, 1:13.543, 39 Laps

5. Gary Paffett, McLaren, 1:13.846, 86 Laps

6. Rubens Barrichello, Williams, 1:14.449, 75 Laps

7. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 1:14.762, 18 Laps

8. Robert Kubica, Renault, 1:15.000, 69 Laps

Is this a early vision of things to come? We'll soon find out.

^ The McLaren is longer than last years car, the reason being the larger fuel tanks, as a result they've also lowered the chassis. Ferrari have also said their car is inevitably longer as a result, and I'd imagine all the other cars aswell.

Well it's that time of year again, for us fans to be completely ignored in the seemingly pointless...

I'll fill it out later, hopefully there's a 'fuck off Tilke' tick box in there somewhere!

EDIT:

What were everyones Top 5 tracks to keep? Mine were...

Belgium, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Japan

Top five least important were...

Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, China, India, Korea,

Edited by Retro_Link

^ The McLaren is longer than last years car, the reason being the larger fuel tanks, as a result they've also lowered the chassis. Ferrari have also said their car is inevitably longer as a result, and I'd imagine all the other cars aswell.

Well it's that time of year again, for us fans to be completely ignored in the seemingly pointless...

I'll fill it out later, hopefully there's a 'fuck off Tilke' tick box in there somewhere!

EDIT:

What were everyones Top 5 tracks to keep? Mine were...

Belgium, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Japan

Top five least important were...

Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, China, India, Korea,

Exact same track choices as you Retro BUT i chose Italy instead of Japan ;)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!