NEurope
flameboy

Feeling a bit burnt out on gaming!

I still think you can though.

Maybe if you're just checking out titles in stores for the major platforms, but if you own an iPhone, check indie scenes, etc. then there's always new things.

Agree with this so much. There's some really fresh, new gaming experiences coming out for the iPhone largely down to the indie support there. Tis slowly becoming my favourite platform however bizarre that sounds. Great price points + innovation = winrar.

Steph I think I have Theme Hospital sitting around here somewhere, I'll have a checker.

Agree with this so much. There's some really fresh, new gaming experiences coming out for the iPhone largely down to the indie support there. Tis slowly becoming my favourite platform however bizarre that sounds. Great price points + innovation = winrar.

ARGH don't say that when I now have decided to get a different phone!

How come you keep saying winrar now? I said it once and now you keep repeating it even though it isn't even a web phrase, it's a tool to process/extract files. I guess it does sound funny somehow.

Its amazing, I've been yearning to get my mits on theme hospital, a game that plagued my childhood. But I love it too much, can't find it for cheap though. Everytime I check game its there but not in stock.
I have two legitimate copies....

One is even in one of those huge boxes that PC games used to come in, back when there was less piracy and PC games dominated an entire wall of Electronics Boutique.

Ok I thought as I typed it might be but couldn't be bothered to cover myself in the post. I did a quick google and got nothing, oh well.

How come you keep saying winrar now? I said it once and now you keep repeating it even though it isn't even a web phrase, it's a tool to process/extract files. I guess it does sound funny somehow.

It's because you're a super cool trend setter yo and I wanna be just like you!

Or because, as others have said, it IS a web phrase. When I was at university all our group work was 'winrar' and everything we did was total ironic 'win' which is why I say it.

Also, to be COMPLETELY pedantic...

http://n-europe.com/forum/search.php?searchid=523438

Other than 6 months ago when Moogle said it, I actually said it a week and a half before you and then only twice after you repeated me. ;)

Pwnt tbh.

:bouncy:

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

OTT. I must've subconciously copied the phrase from someone. As I said I was going to cover myself by putting 'unless I'm mistaken' and no I wasn't being a snob by saying you copied me and trying to take credit for something amazing.

Gtfo.

OTT. I must've subconciously copied the phrase from someone. As I said I was going to cover myself by putting 'unless I'm mistaken' and no I wasn't being a snob by saying you copied me and trying to take credit for something amazing.

Gtfo.

Okay well it did come across a little like that. Not trying to pick a fight with you. Kiss and make up? :love:

Steph I think I have Theme Hospital sitting around here somewhere, I'll have a checker.

Yay! :bouncy:

I still have zelda y'know, not got round to playing it, remind me to give it you back.

Shorty: glare.

I too am feeling more apathetic towards gaming, but thats not due to me, its due to almost all games being the same generic things with a tiny little twist.

I used to buy like a dozen games a year, if not more. Now, I don't even get half that. Developers just aren't trying that much nowadays

Sometimes developers do something thats been done before but do it amazingly like with New Super Mario Bros Wii, but most of the time, it's just too generic. Especially with the oversaturation of first person shooters in the market

Edited by Serebii

If you keep playing the same games, day in and day out, eventually you're going to get bored.

When this happens to me, I first take a break, maybe watch a some movies or do something different in general for a couple of days.

You should also vary your games, I mostly play PS3/PSN games but sometimes I buy PS2 games which I might have missed out on. Maybe check out some DS games?

Ok so yesterday I actually played a lot of games and want more! Although it wasn't without its frustrations. Played Gunstar Heroes on my megadrive and that crashed bloody annoying then played some Alex Kidd and the Enchanted World or whatever its callled, god knows how Alex Kidd was so popular it was shit. Then I played some Robocop VS Terminator which is an amazing game. Then I settled down with some Borderlands, a game I do love but just have struggled to get into recently, I ended up sitting down with it for 3 hours...and gonna fire it back up later...I think however once I've completed this gonna play some shorter games perhaps...

Started Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit again but decided I cannot play it with a trackpad and keyboard just not happening. Think need to buy a PC controller. (I can just buy a wierd 360 controller right?)

Darksiders will cure your burnout. Play it on Apocalyptic, it's ace.

Darksiders will cure your burnout. Play it on Apocalyptic, it's ace.

The man speaks the truth, it's hardest difficulty is ace.

I have to admit Darksiders has totally come out of nowhere and seems a reasonable purchase. I was vaguely aware of it as one of my mates at work loves the comic books...Get paid on friday considering it. Although want to get Borderlands completed at least once before I start anything else.

I haven't gamed/bought a game in years....

It's mostly because I don't have time, but I didn't really have the urge too...and when I tried too, I would just lose interest.

But guess what sparked me up again?

FF7 :D

First time I have played it properly, I used to watch my neighbour play it all the time when I was little, and he let me like press a button :L

I'm loving it, addicted I am XD

I haven't gamed/bought a game in years....

It's mostly because I don't have time, but I didn't really have the urge too...and when I tried too, I would just lose interest.

But guess what sparked me up again?

FF7 :D

First time I have played it properly, I used to watch my neighbour play it all the time when I was little, and he let me like press a button :L

I'm loving it, addicted I am XD

really?! I don't it has aged well at all and for me FF9 is actually a better game...

really?! I don't it has aged well at all and for me FF9 is actually a better game...

If any RPG gets me back into gaming it's either Dragon Quest or Persona. Dragon Quest for the simplicity and not trying to make you force yourself into all the technical stuff like a lot of other RPG's. With Persona, get past the first hour and your going to be hooked for the next 50 :heh:

Sometimes the most simplest are the old school games like Mario Bros or Donkey Kong that can get you hooked. Simple games get me in the mood to play more games in the end.

If any RPG gets me back into gaming it's either Dragon Quest or Persona. Dragon Quest for the simplicity and not trying to make you force yourself into all the technical stuff like a lot of other RPG's. With Persona, get past the first hour and your going to be hooked for the next 50 :heh:

Sometimes the most simplest are the old school games like Mario Bros or Donkey Kong that can get you hooked. Simple games get me in the mood to play more games in the end.

yeah thats why I went back on my megadrive....

Never played Persona due to not owning a PS2 but love the look and premise of the series defintely gonna pick up one of them on the PSP at some point...please feel free to recommend which one I should get...

Mmm I'm loving it, unfortunately I don't have a PS2 to play FF9 :(

(It is on PS2 right?)

Looking forward to trying out FF8 though, I have that :D

Mmm I'm loving it, unfortunately I don't have a PS2 to play FF9 :(

(It is on PS2 right?)

Looking forward to trying out FF8 though, I have that :D

Don't expect the same experience you had with FFVII... not saying you won't like it... just prepare to be surprised.

Haha this is so weird discussing such an old, classic title as though it has just come out. My g/f has also never played FFVII, I might buy it on PSN for her to play through...