NEurope
Retro_Link

War for Cybertron!!

Looks great!! Wonder what type of game it will be, hopefully a game more like the PS2 Transformers game. Also, Prime looks to have a different Vehicle mode, anyone know if this is based off a certain comic/story or anything?

Edited by Retro_Link

I think action game looks to be a sure thing. Setting it cybertron does away with the problems of the transformers being larger than their environment...Not sure there a comic/series where Optimus Prime is a car.

I'm very excited especially seem as the movie tie ins are so god awful.

I'm very excited especially seem as the movie tie ins are so god awful.
Yeah definately!

Really hope not, but I guess there's a chance it could be something like Halo Wars?

Also, Prime looks to have a different Vehicle mode, anyone know if this is based off a certain comic/story or anything?

He looks like he did in the War Within comic.

He looks like he did in the War Within comic.
Ah sweet, just looked it up. Looks like that's the story the game's based around! Edited by Retro_Link

Cheers Hero, looks very nice indeed!!

Megatron's voice is a bit jaring, having recently gotten used to Hugo, but it'll be fine.

Who's the giant Decepticon? Is it Devastator?... seemed to have an almost crocodile like head.

For that matter, who's the giant Autobot?

The giant Autobot looks like Omega Supreme, not sure who the Decepticon is though.

Edit: Just had a search to find out who it is. It's Trypticon, i've never heard of him.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I don't think I like the design of the transformers, at least Michael Bay kept Optimus as a lorry (albeit with ridiculous flames).

Though the inclusion of Omega Supreme is very interesting.

As long as it doesn't have those stupid twin Autobots i'll be happy.

gameinformer did an interesting podcast special on this. Not sure when it was but remember listening to it over the xmas perioid was very insightful though.

Edited by flameboy

Looks pretty good.

On the vehicle issue, if this is set before they came to Earth then don't forget they wouldn't have taken the form of the Earth vehicles so Prime wouldn't be the truck.

In the first ever cartoon (which I have on video somewhere) they start off on Cybertron transforming as strange futuristic cars and spaceship/plane type things if I remember rightly. Then when they get to Earth they are like hey we better like blend in and change to a truck, army jeep, beetle etc.

Or perhaps even if it is set after they've been to Earth, when they get back to Cybertron, Prime is like, you know what transforming into a truck on this planet is pretty pointless. I'm gonna be some kick arse car thing to get around easier. That's cool by me.

As me and Shorty discussed earlier in the thread, this game seems to follow the War Within comic series, so that's where they're getting all the design inspiration from I'd imagine. Quite why all the designs are different in that series is way beyond my transformers knowledge, but if anyone has read the story, could you fill us in?

Looks pretty good.

On the vehicle issue, if this is set before they came to Earth then don't forget they wouldn't have taken the form of the Earth vehicles so Prime wouldn't be the truck.

In the first ever cartoon (which I have on video somewhere) they start off on Cybertron transforming as strange futuristic cars and spaceship/plane type things if I remember rightly. Then when they get to Earth they are like hey we better like blend in and change to a truck, army jeep, beetle etc.

Or perhaps even if it is set after they've been to Earth, when they get back to Cybertron, Prime is like, you know what transforming into a truck on this planet is pretty pointless. I'm gonna be some kick arse car thing to get around easier. That's cool by me.

Yeah you are very right and its the same kinda thing I had thought when I saw the trailers...

You're right Platty, I didn't think if it was before they came to Earth. Though I recall the designs being very basic futuristic design, lots of flat triangle shape cars not like in the trailer.

Still could turn out a decent game.

As sad as it is I've been watching episodes of transformers (and double dragon) on youtube. Nice find, bought and thanks.

im failing to see the fuss. its just a trailer, nothing that looks like game play.

wake me when we see what the actual game is like.

*Cough*

This game is coming out this MONTH everyone. I shall hype you all shortly with the nice load of media that GT has. But not right now.

Anyone else getting this? LOVING the jets by the way and I'm glad that you can nail people with trucks and cars and should always be done. This looks like a good successor to Transformers PS2... the only good transformers game i've played!

*Cough*

This game is coming out this MONTH everyone. I shall hype you all shortly with the nice load of media that GT has. But not right now.

Anyone else getting this? LOVING the jets by the way and I'm glad that you can nail people with trucks and cars and should always be done. This looks like a good successor to Transformers PS2... the only good transformers game i've played!

Yes I am getting it just not sure if I will when it comes out...plus yes the PS2 game was incredible!