NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Dead Space 2

Right that's it, I'm gonna have to get a PS3 at some point!

Finally played through DS:Extraction last week and loved it... made me want to play the original.

Then I thought, but if only it had motion control!... well now the sequel does!!! :D

Err... that article doesn't say anything about Dead Space 2 having Move support outside of the incredibly misleading headline. All it says is what we already know: the Limited Edition comes with a Move-enabled version of Extraction, pointer control for the actual sequel is still unconfirmed.

Edit: Snap!

Doesn't Issac seem extremely skinny? Perhaps he's become malnourished due to fear and depression.

Geez for a moment there I thought we were gonna have RESI 4 gameplay on the ps3. Hopes dashed :(

Going to be avoiding videos and this thread now as I just dont want to spoil myself anymore. Cannot wait for this game. Probably my most anticipated after deus ex 3

Damn!!... Here's hoping they do implement it!

Really? I find it annoying enough when the blue 'player one' light catches my attention mid game - a glowing ball in front of the screen is going to really rack me off.

Really? I find it annoying enough when the blue 'player one' light catches my attention mid game - a glowing ball in front of the screen is going to really rack me off.
Hmm... very true! Never thought of that! They are going to be reflecting on to the screen aren't they?... or do they go off?

Whenever I've seen Move they glow - thats in use as well. Although I am on the verge of getting a PS3 i'm just not that excited by Move based solely on the fact that glowing ball ruins any immersion offered by the device.

Why they didn't scrap the current camera and opt for an infared camera and shiney balls, i'll never know.

I also don't quite understand how you can control a pointer with Move.

Which bit don't you understand? The pointed works in exactly the same way as the Wii.

Why they didn't scrap the current camera and opt for an infared camera and shiney balls, i'll never know.

The Eye isn't infra-red so they'd had to have put out an entirely new camera, making all the old ones redundant. Other reflective surfaces could interfere with controller tracking. It would cost more, both to manufacture and purchase. The LEDs in the Move controllers allow for easy differentiation between controllers, both for players and the camera. The ball selects a colour that stands out the most from the background allowing for more reliable tracking.

Never say never.

Anyway, Dead Space 2 is looking great. Move support or not I'll be there on day one.

Which bit don't you understand? The pointed works in exactly the same way as the Wii.

It tracks a ball. A ball lacks a point to point. I want to know how they got 'round that problem.

It tracks a ball. A ball lacks a point to point. I want to know how they got 'round that problem.

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. In theory you could entirely 'fake' it by using the various accelerometers and gyroscopes in the controller, but I suspect the orb plays a key role.

What I can say is that Move works in the opposite way to the Wii. When pointing with a Wiimote the camera in the controller tracks the two IR bulbs in the sensor bar, allowing the machine to calculate orientation and distance from the relative position of the two bulbs. With Move it's the orb on the controller that's being tracked by the camera near the TV, the X, Y and Z-axis worked out by the orb's position and relative size; used in tandem with the inertial sensors in the controller this allows for one-to-one movement.

Evidently pointing works and is accurate, but I'm not entirely sure how its divined.

Looks like L4D withoutn the horde, so a bit lame. I'd just like some co-op in the campaign.

If they have levels the size of Special Ops missions from MW2 then I'd be very interested.

I agree Daft, that vid does look like L4D without the fun stuff...

To be honest this is one of them games i would be happy if it was just single player again but even better!

Yeah they really should just focus on single player... too many games feel the need for some form of multiplayer.

A gameplay mode like RE's Mercenaries might have been a nice extra?

Sign in to follow this