NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Dead Space 2

What did you think of the IGN review? I havent read it myself but it seems to have become a bit of a joke across the Internet, like it was written by a 14 year old or something.

To be honest i haven't read it, just flicked on the site and noticed the review popped up so i thought i would check the score they had given.

The review seems on par with everything else on IGN.

So, pretty terrible.

(I like the comments bashing the review, though.)

Just read it now, doesn't seem that bad to me.

Although it does appear to have been written by a very 'excitable' person. I also loled at some of the comments under the review!

Do want. Thinking of playing through the original again, although I never completed it back in the day because I had the borked PC version.

Has anyone seen the ads for this game? "Your mom's gonna hate it" is a weird tagline for a mature game.

I'm surprised it's even allowed, as it seems like they're trying to convince kids to buy it.

Anyway, I lost interest in this when they said it was more "action" and when the multiplayer was announced. I'll probably pick it up when it's cheaper.

Has anyone seen the ads for this game? "Your mom's gonna hate it" is a weird tagline for a mature game.

That's the stupidest add I've ever seen.

Pretty Gruesome Deaths

Review

The 'yourmomhates...' thing is a meme of sorts, isn't it? Saw it all over twitter last week.

Only played about an hour of this so far but its freekin awesome.

The lighting and sound are top notch!

Cant wait to play more.. oh and even an hour in playing on normal it seems pretty easy compared to Dead Space 1, but im sure that will change.

Yeah I thought they'd make a bit easier. Thankfully the hardcore mode should prove a nice challenge for us DS vets.

This game is fantastic. Got the collectors edition for my birthday from a friend, and the exclusive armor you get looks awesome. Playing on hard mode and boy, I am barely surviving. In fact, I have died a few times but some of those were just to see the well animated death scenes. Really loving this and damn is it scary.

Just finnished this game, was awesome from start to finnish. Holy shit tho they realy throw a tonne of necromorphs at you in the last chapter!!

I played on normal and by the end i always had a lack of ammo and health...... i have NO idea how anyone could finnish this game on its hardest setting!

Best horror game ive ever played.

I played on normal and by the end i always had a lack of ammo and health...... i have NO idea how anyone could finnish this game on its hardest setting!

I haven't given Hard Core a try yet. Originally I was thinking of not bothering after my initial Zealot run which made me aware of some pretty horrible difficulty spikes, but apparently the former is actually set to Survivalist difficulty with Zealot's rationing of resources, so it should be pretty doable so long as you go in with a plan; you don't want to waste one of your precious saves.

Overall I think it's a great game that's better than the first in a lot of ways but something of a step back — or at least a sidestep — in others. Namely I feel it throws far too many enemies at you towards the end, on top of which it has an annoying habit of doing so in areas where there isn't anywhere to set up a nice defensive position.

Bear in mind I've only played the game on Zealot — I Platinumed the first game, I knew what I was doing going in — but there were several times when the game simply felt unfair: not only do you face numerous enemies at once, almost every one can close the distance between you in a matter of seconds if they haven't already spawned right on top of you. I feel it goes against the very nature of Dead Space's combat — strategic dismemberment with an emphasis on crowd control — when you're constantly getting bum-rushed in arenas that don't offer chokepoints.

I appreciate a lot of people will never play it on Zealot, but I'm a firm believer in a game's hardest difficulty telling you how well balanced the game as a whole truly is; CoD is the poster boy of this, Veteran highlighting every flaw. Generally speaking the combat in DS2 is far better than the first — Kinesis is the most improved aspect — but I was disappointed to find a lot of the encounter design to be lazy in the extreme the closer you get to the end.

I'm pretty chuffed that you can now change the difficulty in New Game +; making my Zealot run-through a minor annoyance. Anyone attempting Hard Core I suggest you play it through at least twice first, use mainly the Plasma Cutter and Force Gun, and even perhaps get the DLC armour and weapons.

Dead Space 2 limited edition which includes a Playstation Move compatible version of Dead Space: Extraction £23.99 on Play.com

13027695x.jpg

Dead Space 2 limited edition which includes a Playstation Move compatible version of Dead Space: Extraction £23.99 on Play.com

13027695x.jpg

Cracking deal. Have you ordered it Cooky?

Picked this up today, looking forward to putting some good time in when i finish work tomorrow. I've heard i will need a spare pair of underwear with me at all times :D

Sign in to follow this