NEurope
Karl619

What would you put in a Christmas hamper?

Bit of a random thread this .I'm thinking of buying a Christmas hamper to treat my family but I've got a bit stuck as to what to stick in it. All the ones I've seen online are full of crap I have no intention of eating and any hamper which only has 4 mince pies in but costs £70 is pathetic. So I've decided to make my own. Sooo what food do you think has to go in the hamper. What are your favourite Christmas treats?

Desserts: Make some jam tarts and mince pies. And maybe a christmas pud if you know how.

Drinks: Go for a bottle of sherry and/or brandy. Can never go wrong with a nice bottle of wine, or champers if you're feeling extravagant.

EDIT: a quick google provided this.

Meats are a good one, my mum buys a meat hamper from the butchers for christmas, turkey, chicken, pork, beef etc. Your butcher should know the best tbf.

Sweets, mince pies, jams, champagne, wines, orange juice. :D

I love Jelly sweets, these always go down well at Christmas and i believe they go well in any hamper. Meats inc Ham, Turkey and Beef are good additions. A Christmas Pudding, Mince Pies, Festive Cakes, Spirits, Various Sweets etc always go down a treat.

Who else thought "My penis" when they saw the thread title?

As soon as I saw you'd replied to this topic, I could see where it'd be heading, thus my mind followed. My first thought was a grenade, or a Molotov cocktail.

The word "hamper" brings an intense and vivid image/taste/smell to mind, but it's an image/taste/smell I've never encountered, nor can really tell is there. It's like a word from a place time forgot. I can't place what it does to me. It fucks me over.

I'd put seventeen flakes and a tub of Mackie's ice-cream in.

Go to M&S, that's where we always go for our work ones. You can find lots of fancy nibbles.

Pringles, crisps, nuts, sauces, meringues, biscuits, shloer, anything canned, basically anything that doesn't perish in the immediate future ^_^

alcamahollll! (if that's their thing)