N-Europe

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

Dante

OMFG this game has been out for 3 months! I just said to my girlfriend while looking at my DS games how annoying it is that Hotel Dusk 2 never came out, then happened to look on Wikipedia at Hotel Dusk only to see the sequel was actually released in September!

Just need some money now. :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got this game - no stores in town got it, so I decided to wait and see if I got it for Christmas (after telling everybody I wanted it) - and I did~

I've only played for a few minutes, actually (these days are so busy), but hey - I found an Another Code reference already! This game is obviously going to be great~

EDIT:

A POKéMON reference?!

Edited by FireMeowth

• 7 months later...

We had some thunder and lightning here this evening so I ended up laying on my bed with my DS Lite for almost 3 hours while it got progressively darker. The game that was keeping me occupied, and has been for a few weeks now, was Last Window: The Secret of Cape West :hehe:

As I was closing in on the end, I decided to stick with it tonight and completed it after something like 16 hours in total. My memories of Hotel Dusk: Room 215 are not entirely clear but I do feel as if I enjoyed this sequel more than the original and am certainly glad that HMV had it marked wrongly as £10 a couple of months ago :heh:

If anyone liked Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and hasn't yet picked this up, I'd certainly recommend it :smile: There is a lot of reading but then that is to be expected :indeed:

With this now crossed off the list, I may soon resume Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All but it may be wise to leave it a couple of weeks before I delve into another text-heavy DS game..

Edited by nekunando

• 1 year later...

The king of thread-bumping returns :D

I spoke of my doubts of whether or not I'd buy this in some other thread earlier, but damnit you Britons and your insanely cheap prices.

I just had to get this for about 10 pounds, and, despite the fact that I had put 'United Kingdom' as my country of origin, I didn't have to pay any extra shipping costs when it was eventually send to me.

Looking forward to seeing more of Kyle Hyde, and once again remind myself that Cing is no more :(

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, I finished this last night and said my good-byes to Kyle Hyde.

During the credits however, I noticed that NINTENDO holds the rights to all this stuff.

Now I have something to hope for again :D

The game is an enjoyable read, but the steps you need to take to get to the ending are quite similar to Hotel Dusk. It's sort of dissapointing, because it would've been nice if they went with a different setting than a hotel as a confined space.

Still, it didn't hurt the characters of which my favourite were probably Claire and her father. Her food looks so delicious!

Betty and Claire are two damn fine 80s women who also brightened up the game.

I was kind of stuck near the end, for I couldn't figure out the code, but eventually I figured it out. It makes me so proud when I have another good think about it instead of heading for the internet :)

Too bad that it didn't end with him and Rachel and Mila having dinner together though, I was really hoping for that.

I might have to draw that myself now:laughing:

So I've been able to cross another DS-game off the ol' backlog and in a few days time I think I'll finally be picking up Paper Mario: Sticker Star before having a look at the backlog again. Hopefully Paper Mario will provide a nice break from the visual-novel genre, because I'd really like to get my hands on 999 and it's sequel.

Ah, so many games so little time.

I've been playing the first game these last few days after giving up at the end of chapter 4 nearly four years ago, and I just have to comment on how Kyle Hyde is the nosiest person ever. :p

There's this main mystery involving Hyde's old lover ~Bradley~ and I'm sure that at some point all of these separate mysteries will tie into that somehow, but Hyde doesn't know that yet! So when he finds out that a fragile old lady shared a glass of wine with someone in the same hotel ten years ago and he won't leave her alone until she tells him who she had a drink with, I sort of feel sorry for her. It's like, that's none of your business, Hyde!

Welp, I finished this last night and said my good-byes to Kyle Hyde.

During the credits however, I noticed that NINTENDO holds the rights to all this stuff.

Now I have something to hope for again :D

The game is an enjoyable read, but the steps you need to take to get to the ending are quite similar to Hotel Dusk. It's sort of dissapointing, because it would've been nice if they went with a different setting than a hotel as a confined space.

Still, it didn't hurt the characters of which my favourite were probably Claire and her father. Her food looks so delicious!

Betty and Claire are two damn fine 80s women who also brightened up the game.

I was kind of stuck near the end, for I couldn't figure out the code, but eventually I figured it out. It makes me so proud when I have another good think about it instead of heading for the internet :)

Too bad that it didn't end with him and Rachel and Mila having dinner together though, I was really hoping for that.

I might have to draw that myself now:laughing:

So I've been able to cross another DS-game off the ol' backlog and in a few days time I think I'll finally be picking up Paper Mario: Sticker Star before having a look at the backlog again. Hopefully Paper Mario will provide a nice break from the visual-novel genre, because I'd really like to get my hands on 999 and it's sequel.

Ah, so many games so little time.

Oh good lord...what a game. Seriously, you won't believe what you're in for.