N-Europe

does anyone know Nintendo Broadband Neworks

NintendoKid

Hello

i am new to these forums and i wanted to ask a few question to do with nintendos broandband network strategy because i have been issued you as my coursework choice.

1. what are your broandband network plans in terms of short term(which is currently happening now) and long term(in the next 6 years)

2. what are the main issues you belive to be assoicated with the broadband nework plans to the organisation (such as Cost of broadband, keeping it up 24/7, offering new services or even hosting the network?

if you could please help me with these question will be most greatful

Thank You

NintendoKid

aka Oscar Ofori-Brown

Hello

i am new to these forums and i wanted to ask a few question to do with nintendos broandband network strategy because i have been issued you as my coursework choice.

1. what are your broandband network plans in terms of short term(which is currently happening now) and long term(in the next 6 years)

2. what are the main issues you belive to be assoicated with the broadband nework plans to the organisation (such as Cost of broadband, keeping it up 24/7, offering new services or even hosting the network?

if you could please help me with these question will be most greatful

Thank You

NintendoKid

aka Oscar Ofori-Brown

You're looking at the wrong organisation here mate. Nintendo don't offer broadband. They offer a platform as to play games over a broadband (or similar) connection.

What I think you're looking for is an ISP, Internet Service Provider. I'm not sure which country you're from but if you're from the UK look at providers such as BT, BeBroadband and VirginMedia. There are loads more too..

If you're American look at ComCast.

Well I don't work for nintendo but this is something they would probably say.

At this current point in time there is no need for us to invest in any sort of networking infrastructure. We've worked with gamespy to develop our peer to peer based infrastructure and that is what's working for us now. Insert light jab at xbox live, psn if possible but ultimately it will be weak and then probably use numbers to end on a high.

Everything you need to know + a point in the right direction: http://nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/support/wii_support_5251_7995.html

Edited by Ten10