=Music Wars 2= Match 7

=Music Wars 2=

Match 7

You -

Evanescence

EVAN.jpg

Not on We7

Not on Spotify

(Not sure if this is even eligible for the contest, doesn't seem to have been officially released, but I'm dealing. I should have checked all the songs beforehand, but I didn't.)

Hurt So Good -

Susan Cadogan

SUSAN.jpg

We7

Spotify: spotify:track:0cyUpMQnbhrHTcMykJfFPn

---

Round 1

Match 1: Joy Division vs. Nine Inch Nails

Match 2: Patrick Wolf vs. Dashboard Confessional

Match 3: Daft Punk vs. Major Lazer

Match 4: Fleet Foxes vs. Florence and the Machine

Match 5: Boney M. vs. Sonic Youth

Match 6: Kylie Minogue vs. Jade Ewen?

Match 7: Evanescence vs. Susan Cadogan?

---

Get listening, then vote!

Just to say, the Evanescence song was released but the album it was on, a 2002 demo CD, was prior to their first albums release and I don't think it had many copies printed which might explain why it isn't on anything other than Youtube, although Last.FM has it as scrobbleable.

I'll edit this later with my vote.

You because quite simply I enjoyed it more.

Just to say, the Evanescence song was released but the album it was on, a 2002 demo CD, was prior to their first albums release and I don't think it had many copies printed which might explain why it isn't on anything other than Youtube, although Last.FM has it as scrobbleable.

I'll edit this later with my vote.

That's cool. Also, anything is scrobbleable on last.fm. :p

Hurt So Good gets my vote. Bit more accomplished as a song. Evanescence are entertaining in tiny doses, but this was meh.

I agree with Chair. Evanescence just sounds like one of those songs played at the end of low-budget romance dramas but everyone walks out during the credits.

Susan Cadogan

Apologises. Should have editted my post/voted earlier after I said but kind of forgot.

So, my vote is for Evanescence. I nominated it but that's not why I'm voting for it. I just absolutely love the song and find it very moving and beautiful. The Susan Cadogan song was alright but it didn't move me in the same way 'You' did.

I swear the original thread was cockablock with great stuff, who nominated all this!

Ashley has convinced me to not vote for you. Hurt so Good I supposed

I did?

Anywho. Completely random point but this woman's name always reminds me of that lame 70s/80s (or whenever) band name Cagagogoo (or whatever it was...I dunno, my mother has mentioned them before).

But yeah, I can't remember most of these songs being nominated. I'm sure they were but...yeah. Seem to have appeared out of nowhere.

I swear the original thread was cockablock with great stuff, who nominated all this!

Ashley has convinced me to not vote for you. Hurt so Good I supposed

I nominated Susan Cadogan. I just thought the point of this contest was not who won but more about showing people music they may never have heard before. It seems that many tracks picked seem to come from pretty recent artists (say last 20 years or so), thus I thought I'd go for something a bit different with a piece of classic 1977 rocksteady reggae with gorgeous soulful vocals, contagious horn section and wicked bassline. Obviously it seems it's not to everybody's taste. ::shrug: I love it though.

Obviously it seems it's not to everybody's taste. ::shrug: I love it though.

Though I didn't vote for your choice this round I still appreciate the diversity of the tracks that you've added, but you're right in that it does come down to what peoples tastes are in the end, but if you truly love the tracks that you picked - and that goes for all who have participated - then that's all that really matters. :)

Sorry for my lateness again. I've been having waaaay too much fun to listen to Evanescence. ;)

In fairness, I actually like the song a lot more than I thought I would. It's quite haunting.

That Susan Cadogan song sounds like something that I would hear when I was out somewhere and think "yeaaaah, I could dance to this."

Dan-likes-trees, I think this is one of the better rounds so far. :)

Hmm, this is tougher than I thought it would be. Two completely contrasting songs. Hurts So Good, but only just.

Hurt So Good for me. Can't say I really liked the Evanescence song much. Hurt So Good was more fun to listen to.