N-Europe

The Lethargic Gamers Show just keeps on going!

flameboy

http://lethargicgamers.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/the-lethargic-gamers-show-episode-3-under-the-sea/

http://blip.tv/file/2738446

so here it is episode 3 of the show is now live. Hope you like it. Improved a few bits and bobs but once again editing was something I had to rush. Last episode got 50 odd hits on blip and the quick cut edition on youtube managed 8 views so looking at beating around 60 views this time. This episode lends its self quite well to being split up into smaller bits for youtube consumption so thats something I will do.

Edited by flameboy

I think the lion king is the best disney game I have ever played. I commend you for playing little mermaid as long as you did. I seriously couldn't do a show like this because my attention span is pretty short. All in all a much better timing for the intro. Although I can see you mirroring that bloke from the escapist from time to time. Don't know if it is a good thing, but I just imagine some stick figures acting out whatever you say.

I think the lion king is the best disney game I have ever played. I commend you for playing little mermaid as long as you did. I seriously couldn't do a show like this because my attention span is pretty short. All in all a much better timing for the intro. Although I can see you mirroring that bloke from the escapist from time to time. Don't know if it is a good thing, but I just imagine some stick figures acting out whatever you say.

hmmm now I've gone and listened back to the layton bit I can kinda see that, I think when i'm reading and its scripted and I'm reading in a hurried manner I almost do have similarities with him....When I'm playing the games I just natter away basically and its very much my sense of humour to react to things in a witty manner and put on stupid voices like I did with the newt gimp eel thing and the pirates on little mermaid. I don't put on a voice or anything so its kinda a hard thing to deliberately try to change to avoid comparison with yahtzee on escapist when what you see on the show is me as me...

Okay, I've just got to the three minute mark and I have to ask, what exactly is the point of this 'show'?

Also, if you're going to read quickly off a script don't hesitate or splutter. It sounds weak. Finally, it isn't that funny.

Plus, the width of the video is greater than the width of Lethargic Gamer.

Pretty brutal but then what's the point of me lying.

Okay, I've just got to the three minute mark and I have to ask, what exactly is the point of this 'show'?

Also, if you're going to read quickly off a script don't hesitate or splutter. It sounds weak. Finally, it isn't that funny.

Plus, the width of the video is greater than the width of Lethargic Gamer.

Pretty brutal but then what's the point of me lying.

You can watch the video direct at blip.tv where its ratios are correct....I'm not sure why it does that really its odd but thats something to do with the way blip.tv distributes I don't write though pieces, maybes theres a way to change it.

Only parts of that layton thing were scripted I did make some of it up on the fly sort of.

What do you mean whats the point? Its just meant as a fun show on video games...no grand purpose.

Sorry, that wasn't meant as a criticism. It just felt a bit aimless.

Well how would you suggest giving some purpose and impetus? Is there something missing that would give it this. I do feel that at the moment I'm kinda all over the place with structuring and such like as I attempt to find what works best, so thats why i've tried different review styles, from sitting and playing games whilst talking to the scripting attempts at humour of the layton, to ReZ's sit down and chat and not show any footage! there are a few other things I've filmed that havn't made it out as didn't think they were much cop. I am thinking of releasing that as another sort of addition series called rough cuts or something....

I'm all for new ideas etc...though if you have any. I'm just doing this for a bit of fun and if it gets anywhere (highly unlikely) then great but if not I'll just keep doing it for my own amusement as much as anything.

Well how would you suggest giving some purpose and impetus? Is there something missing that would give it this. I do feel that at the moment I'm kinda all over the place with structuring and such like as I attempt to find what works best, so thats why i've tried different review styles, from sitting and playing games whilst talking to the scripting attempts at humour of the layton, to ReZ's sit down and chat and not show any footage! there are a few other things I've filmed that havn't made it out as didn't think they were much cop. I am thinking of releasing that as another sort of addition series called rough cuts or something....

I'm all for new ideas etc...though if you have any. I'm just doing this for a bit of fun and if it gets anywhere (highly unlikely) then great but if not I'll just keep doing it for my own amusement as much as anything.

I think the sort of thing he's getting at is why would somebody choose to watch your show over the many other blogs out there?

You need some sort of edge. For instance in the first one you showed what you could buy with the money saved from not spending on collector's edition games.

I can hear what your saying...At the moment I am working my way through playing the megadrive games I picked up as a job lot (which were shown off in episode 2) so thats kinda a recurring theme throughout the series plus delivering at least one "review" of a more recent title.

Guess the show or the site doesn't have a USP if we are to get all business like about it

I can hear what your saying...At the moment I am working my way through playing the megadrive games I picked up as a job lot (which were shown off in episode 2) so thats kinda a recurring theme throughout the series plus delivering at least one "review" of a more recent title.

Guess the show or the site doesn't have a USP if we are to get all business like about it

Well why don't you think of some fun gimmick. Maybe something to do with the public. Talking to unwitting strangers is always fun. Ask Rez. Maybe he'll do it for you. Just interview random people about the game that you're reviewing or something.

I'm not feeling amazing at the moment, so not done anything more yet. Will finish it and have it up just after the weekend, hopefully.

Thats cool gives me plenty of time to do the eurogamer stuff...Also like I think I said before am putting up a rough cuts episode with a nfs shift review that didn't come out great...already thought of the next advert, have to say think it will top the infamous one.

• 2 weeks later...