N-Europe

Nintendo signs Ant and Dec

The Lillster

In a new entertainment campain, Nintendo UK has signed Ant and Dec to discuss everything from advertising to game development.

They will be hitting screens on 16th October.

Ant and Dec, Britain’s most loved partnership, have formed a new relationship with Nintendo UK, in what is set to be Nintendo’s biggest ever entertainment campaign. Nintendo’s ongoing partnership with Ant and Dec will include everything from TV advertising to game development.

The pair will hit UK screens on October 16 where they’ll be meeting and challenging Nintendo fans and families from across the UK. For the first time, the British public have been given the opportunity to star alongside Ant and Dec, as the real stars of the ads, following a national recruitment campaign looking for genuine fans of Nintendo titles from Professor Layton and The Curious Village to Wii Sports Resort.

Ant and Dec will be asking the nation why they enjoy Nintendo so much - from cabbies keeping their brain active with Brain Training to women at Weight Watcher’s having fun with Wii Fit.

Ant commented: "I have always been a massive fan of Nintendo consoles. I loved my Nintendo 64 growing up. Mario Kart 64 was my favourite, it kept Dec and I entertained for hours during the PJ and Duncan years! Even today when I play Mario Kart on my Wii, I have a lucky steering wheel at home that's only mine to use!!"

Dec added: "We’re really excited to be working with Nintendo. The TV shows we make are for the whole family to watch together, and Nintendo make games that the whole family can play together, so it's the perfect match. The Donnelly family and I are big fans of Wii Sports and I am always challenging my nieces and nephews to games, I especially enjoy trying to get one over on them in an energetic game of baseball!"

Nintendo UK general manager David Yarnton said that Ant and Dec are the "perfect partner for the brand".

"Given Ant and Dec’s popularity with everyone from grandparents to grand children and with the broad appeal of Nintendo’s products from ages five to 95, we knew they’d make the perfect partner for the brand," explained Yarnton. "Nintendo has helped introduce a whole new group of people to the joys of gaming and we can’t wait to see Ant and Dec bring some of their natural charm and wit to Nintendo families up and down the country."

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/news/nintendo_signs_ant_and_dec.html and http://www.enjoynintendo.com

They've been doing voice-over adverts already, I heard one for Wii Fit Plus last week.

I think they are real Nintendo fans as I remember them going on about GoldenEye back when they did SM:TV Live.

Don't be a Jigglypuff! Awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeah!

^ haha, classic PokeRap!

I also loved remembering when Cat Deeley had a career.
Actually she's doing pretty well in America, which is why we don't see her on our screens anymore. Apparently she's done backstage work on American Idol, Reports on Jay Leno (and all those other type shows) and presents 'So You Think You can Dance' which is now getting a UK series which he's presenting and was on Radio1 this week promoting... AWWWWWW YEAH! :heh: Edited by Retro_Link

They've been doing voice-over adverts already, I heard one for Wii Fit Plus last week.

Don't be a Jigglypuff! Awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeah!

POKE-FIGHT!!!!!

Bryan, Bryan...... BRYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Oh and it's clearly smitten kitten...

I saw one of these Ant and Dec ads on telly yesterday. I like these two guys, and they do make me smile. Not a bad duo to have advertising your products.
Yeah I saw the advert on channel 4 late last night.

I also thought they were great in the ad!! And it's well funny!!

Great job Nintendo and Ant & Dec!