N-Europe

Trying to find a rare DVD!

flameboy

Please has anyone any suggestions...trying desperately to find a copy of Lost for Words (starring Thora Hird) on DVD as a birthday present for someone I've tried looking everywhere there was a copy going for £19.99 on Play.com on playtrade but went to buy it and it was gone...

Only place I've found that sells it is Amazon.ca but they don't let you order from another country they have a store from do they? Plus only seem to take credit cards annoyingly...

Any other sites people can suggest would be greatly appreciated...or if anyone has a copy they want to sell!

I'm pretty sure they will ship worldwide, and you can probably use a debit card. Why not try before assuming you can't? The worst that will happen is you'll reach a page saying "sorry, we can't ship that there". Also they have a shipments page which states: "Amazon.ca can ship to virtually any address in the world."

Would that even be the right region DVD? Most are region protected.

Yeah that thought had crossed my mind so either give her my old multi region dvd player or just buy her a new one thats multi region...

I'v looked in local shops and found nothing....I'm gonna use credit card and get it from amazon.ca

Yeah that thought had crossed my mind so either give her my old multi region dvd player or just buy her a new one thats multi region...

I'v looked in local shops and found nothing....I'm gonna use credit card and get it from amazon.ca

You can often just look up a code online that will make your normal DVD player play other region DVDs. At least my ex did that with our player and it worked heh. Just look up a code for your specific player.

You can often just look up a code online that will make your normal DVD player play other region DVDs. At least my ex did that with our player and it worked heh. Just look up a code for your specific player.

yeah thats what I did with the one I had...

Would that even be the right region DVD? Most are region protected.

Canada is our region though, isn't it?

Or am I confusing it with being PAL?

Or neither.

Failing that, get the VHS and do something to record it to a DVD disc.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Canada is region 1 like the US.

As for HD, is anybody considering CBHD? I think it's similar to HD-DVD (the same?) and the discs are a lot cheaper than blu ray because of lower manufacturing costs and lower royalties. £5-£6 for a HD film doesn't sound bad.