NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Selling a double sofa bed...

I'm currently reorganising my room, and have decided to buy myself a new double bed. Of course, this means getting rid of my old double sofa bed, so I'm selling for auction on ebay, starting at £40.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190339319391

Yeah, I know it's in poor condition, but buying it for cheap, then recovering it, would deffinitely be far cheaper than buying one brand new! Anyways, just thought I'd post this to see if anyone's intersted. Thanks to anyone who bids!

We used to have it downstairs before I had it in my room, and we had two pet Ferrets. When we let them run round the living room, they tore it up a tad, hence the mess you see in the pic...

Sell it to the Tate as 'modern art'... they'll buy any old crap. ;)

Yeah, I know sellnig that on ebay is a longshot, but for £1 to list it, I might as well try. :p

And I might try and sell it to the Tate actually! xD

lol, no offense intended, but you should probably be paying for someone to take it away. :p

I probably should be tbh, lol, but I figured it's worth a shot. Besides, if someone chooses to buy just the main sofa bed itself, then I'm sure it'd be easy enough for them to buy a new matress + cushions. Plus that's be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying one brand new!

I'd have been tempted to list it for a fiver tbh, you won't get any interest at 40 mate!

I know it's a ridiculous price, and I actually wanted to list it with a 99p starting bid. However, my parents were persistent, and demanded at least £40 for it. ¬¬ It's only because it was hand made to order around 10 years ago, and it cost them almost £1000 back then.

I know it's a ridiculous price, and I actually wanted to list it with a 99p starting bid. However, my parents were persistent, and demanded at least £40 for it. ¬¬ It's only because it was hand made to order around 10 years ago, and it cost them almost £1000 back then.

So ten years use... £1000 cost... means you got £100 use out of it each year so in theory if in good condition it might be worth £80 but... with the horrific damage - seriously, you expect us to believe it was just ferrets that did that? :heh: - then I'd say it's worth the princely sum of £10... basically the delivery cost.

So ten years use... £1000 cost... means you got £100 use out of it each year so in theory if in good condition it might be worth £80 but... with the horrific damage - seriously, you expect us to believe it was just ferrets that did that? :heh: - then I'd say it's worth the princely sum of £10... basically the delivery cost.

Erm, it was because of my Ferrets actually. Have you ever owned any? Probbably not by the looks of things, because you'd know they're crafty little buggers when they want to be. That plus sharp claws = wrecked sofa bed.

And I tried to explain to my parents about the price actually, yet they still didn't get it, which is why I'm stuck selling it at such a shitty price. At the end of the day, it's not really my sofa bed, my parents bought it, so it's up to them to sort out the price tag.

I reckon you'd be better just selling the frame (If you can remove the cushions just to get the frame).

I reckon you'd be better just selling the frame (If you can remove the cushions just to get the frame).

I actually have specified that on the eBay page, maybe I should make that bit stand out more...

EDIT: Sorted!

I actually have specified that on the eBay page, maybe I should make that bit stand out more...

EDIT: Sorted!

Yeah but the trouble is people will see the poor state of the cushions and immediately dismiss it. Whereas if it were just a frame they might be interested.

£40? This is one of those hilarious ebay jokes... right?!

Seriously dude, you need to take down that picture of it with the cushions on!

I would, but it's a bit late now tbh. Plus my parents actually want to keep it now, so if I don't sell it they'll have it. I wish they'd make up thier minds. ¬¬

EDIT: So I've ended the auction early due to lack of interest, but mainly because my parents actually want to keep it now, for deffinite. Oh well, at least it'll be out of my room. :heh:

Edited by CoolFunkMan