N-Europe

A Place Called Home

Ashley

Felt hugely at home living with shorty and nami. For those two years that place was definitely more home than my brighton house (where my bedroom was painted pink and all my possessions whittled down to a bookcase in the corridor), but brighton city, especially that lil' place called Hove Lagoon, is where the heart is.

I think.

It's a great place to grow up and be young in, but I do wonder how it'd feel as a grown up. Plus, up north I've made a lot of solid friends that will forever remain in the wrong end of the country, and I suppose I never really feel more at home than with people I feel totally comfortable with. Back south, every trip home is a non-stop tour of a checklist of "people I have to see while I'm here" taht can feel forced and sometimes anticlimatic.

Future plan; home is where the soulmate says it is. *shrugs*

On my Brighton holiday I felt it was most certainly a town I would love to live in. SRSLY.

It's lovely. :)

Although, with a holiday, you can never truly find out what it is like to live there. I found it quite expensive to live there as a student, but it was a place where I felt happy, so it was worth it. Ideally, it would be a place I would love to go back to once I've got some kind of job security under my belt.

I don't think I showed Ine enough of Brighton, mainly because when she came the first time, it was Christmas and freezing. Then, the second time, we were both illll. If I had more time, I would've loved to have shown her more of the stuff that I love there. So, she could see what I liked it.