Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Microsoft Courier (Tablet)

Ashley

Courier is a real device, and we've heard that it's in the "late prototype" stage of development. It's not a tablet, it's a booklet. The dual 7-inch (or so) screens are multitouch, and designed for writing, flicking and drawing with a stylus, in addition to fingers.

More info here; http://gizmodo.com/5365299/courier-first-details-of-microsofts-secret-tablet

I wish I had a reason to get one (and the money obviously). Looks pretty cool. Or as someone said "looks like it wasn't designed by Microsoft"

It looks brilliant :) many features would make you think it was an Apple product, the App list, the home button and the pinching motions for starters. I don't know whether I'm saying that as a good thing or a bad thing or what, but it just felt necessary to comment on. I doubt I would want one unless I needed it for a similar purpose to that shown in the video, organising personal business meetings etc.. But it would make for a super expensive and fancy piece of kit to be carrying around and pointing at things to take pictures.

In my job/life it simply wouldn't be necessary to own one, although I could picture my boss taking it round to clients to show them things on (so maybe me in the future!)

I dunno, from what I know of your job it could be made to be useful for you. Snipping bits from websites and all that. But I suppose you design to order, rather than out of creative desire yes?

In my dream job it would be useful but yeah, as an unemployed graduate? Not so useful.

But I agree, it does seem like something Apple would make. Would be interesting to see their much-rumoured tablet in comparison; does much the same but has music support and twice the cost perhaps? :p

If these things became more popular (and cheaper obviously) it could usher in the digital comics age finally.