NEurope
canand

Trailer for the New Zelda game may be released in October

link_zelda-495x181.jpg

According to our insider source who wishes to remain anonymous, Nintendo is working hard to get a trailer made on a working build of the next Wii Zelda game. According to our source, the trailer will launch in October at an upcoming conference [Nintendo Business media summit?] and it will show shed some light onto the mystery of why Link didn’t have a sword.

As much as we can speculate to what is in the trailer, I hope to see that there is atleast a mention of Wii Motion Plus in the next Zelda game. What do you guys think about that?

Edited by canand

I'm not going to get excited about any "insider" reports until something official comes out. This unknown site is more than likely making something out of nothing, plus this "news" is a couple of days old by now, if it were true a much larger site would have got hold of it.

Edited by Fresh

We saw some good stuff at the media summit last year: Sin & Punishment 2, Endless Ocean 2, Mario & Luigi 3, Punch-Out!!, and a bunch of new Nintendo titles that unfortunately will probably stay in Japan.

Cool some unknown blog site says that a trailer might be coming in October at Nintendo Business media summit than at Kyoto CMEX.

Are you copying and pasting comments from NeoGAF users here?

I call bull. They'll teaser it at GDC next year and have a blowout at E3.

Or was this moved forward due to Sony's and Microsoft's price cut?

I dunno, something will happen at CMEX. You don't just call a conference for nothing. Well, except E3 2008. But let's not remember that.

Wow, if this even comes true, I must say...it's come quickly for me, still seems like yesterday when Twilight Princess came out. (Still saying it's bogus though)

Will be interesting to see what they do new with this game (If it's big enough to makes fans pissed off, the better it shall be)

If Zelda and Dragon Quest X get both shown next year, then next year shall be complete for me(DS has basically got my life for next year anyway so trailers and announcements will just do for me :heh: )

Excellent news if true, can't wait to finally see something!

still seems like yesterday when Twilight Princess came out.

Yeah you know, yesterday, three years ago, same thing ;)

________

Medical Marijuana Patients

Edited by Ronnie

It's funny to go to NeoGaf, and then come back here seeing the exact same posts and threads made by Dante.

If Retro are involved then truly I think it'll be for the good of the series :) there were comments by Miyamoto stating that he had wanted to originally make OOT from the first-person perspective so maybe that will happen this time around or at least in-part maybe for some of the combat?

Personally I'd hate to see 1st person perspective in a Zelda game

I think we're going to see Nintendo do a 4th person game. 4th person meaning that we're actually controlling the person who controls the main character in the game.

Kinda like a puppet...with another puppet attached to the one you're already controlling.

You know, this started out as a daft post, but I'm convincing myself. Give me my fourth person game, Nintendo!

I still don't think we'll see anything until E3 but I could be wrong. The fact that not a single reliable source is mentioning this as some others have mentioned is making me think this is just some kid trying to make his blog more popular. If this were real, we'd probably be hearing about it in an IGN interview, or something like that.

I remember when I used to get hyped by every random Nintendo website on the internet for clamming something absurd... At least it wasn't a blog back then.

No Tellyn. I wrote this and found the blog by myself.

Edited by Dante

If Retro are involved then truly I think it'll be for the good of the series :) there were comments by Miyamoto stating that he had wanted to originally make OOT from the first-person perspective so maybe that will happen this time around or at least in-part maybe for some of the combat?

rumour has it that retro are involved in this game... did you guys see the IGN tour of retro studios in that MPT video?

If anyone knows how to do 1st Person Adventure, it's Retro.

I fiddled with the title a bit to clarify the fact its very much a rumour at the moment :)

It'll be interesting to see how they keep the Zelda formula intact yet make this one fresh and innovative. Will motion plus 1:1 controls be enough to make this one different?

Will we see some Zak and Wiki style control mechanics for instance? I've never played the game but apparently it uses the Wii remote in lots of different ways to perform actions like turning a key etc.

As long as the new Zelda Wii isn't dumbed down to 'Lite' proportions like Phantom Hourglass or Mario Kart Wii then I'll be happy.

________

Angelina Jolie Pic

Edited by Ronnie

Zack and Wiki was an amazing game. But a Zelda working in a similar way would just be awful. I'd rather it play similarly, but not follow the same format of going to a dungeon killing a miniboss, getting an item, killing a boss and looking for the next dungeon. That's the part they need to change. Obviously controls could and almost certainly will be improved, but I think in general that aspect will stay similar.

If retro are involved, I certainly wouldn't complain if it became a first person adventure title like, I dunoooo, metroid...

I'd rather it play similarly, but not follow the same format of going to a dungeon killing a miniboss, getting an item, killing a boss and looking for the next dungeon. That's the part they need to change.

But that's the basic Zelda formula, you can't change that. Ok throw a few 'curveballs' as they say across the pond, every so often, but I think that mechanic can and should stay the same.

Look what they did with Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, same basic principle, the dungeon/miniboss/item/boss mechanic you mentioned that is at the heart of every Zelda game, but they changed the gameplay around it, and we ended up with two of the most original Zelda games around.

Evolution not revolution is what's needed with Zelda IMO

________

Glass bong

Edited by Ronnie

I'm not saying completely change it. Dungeons are a must. But going from dungeon to dungeon to collect some random magical artifact needs to evolve a bit more to put it in your words. Zelda shouldn't be the same game with updated graphics every generation with a few minor twists thrown in. Re-using stuff is fine, but the amount of stuff that's been re-used in the last few games has just been too much.

No Tellyn. I wrote this and found the blog by myself.

And 100% of all your threads are totally original and extensively researched by yourself.

And 100% of all your threads are totally original and extensively researched by yourself.

That's awesome. It's the same percentage of posts of yours that are negative remarks. ;)

In all seriousness, Dante is the resident copy and paster. He may not re-write everything from scratch, but we love him all the same.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk