NEurope
jennyfar_4eva

Load & Go Ads!!

So it's a dumbed - down, risk-free version of a credit card that requires you to own yet another piece of plastic unecessarilly?

Rather than loading £50 onto an extra card like this why not just take out £50 in cash for the night and leave your bank card at home? that way seems easier to me... having yet another card just overcomplicates matters.

not everyone has nor wants a credit card, so not really.

Some people just no matter how hard they try haven't the control to have a card. So this makes perfect sense. Probably something under 18s can use too, because I imagine its not age/credit score based.

Gotta think about it from more than your own point of view.

... I think my work made me get their credit card today. I didn't really know what i was doing until they were all "oh and the interest rate is really good!"

... Yeah. Gonna chop it urp when i get it.

not everyone has nor wants a credit card, so not really.

Some people just no matter how hard they try haven't the control to have a card. So this makes perfect sense. Probably something under 18s can use too, because I imagine its not age/credit score based.

Gotta think about it from more than your own point of view.

Mhmm true, I was just ranting I guess because it seems so needless :/ to me anyway... but yeah I guess it has its uses for certain people if they genuinely can't trust themselves with a CC or can't get one.

But isn't it still the same as only taking out say £50 for a night in cash and leaving your cash-card at home? because whether you have the money either in cash or on this new card then you're still able to spend it how you like so it'll probably go just as quickly but say if you lost the card before you spent the money you put on it, isn't it like a store-card i.e if you lose the card then that's it? whereas if it's cash, at least it's broken up into different notes.

Idk... call me old-fashioned but I just find taking cash out is easier if I ever end up going out - which is very rarely - *grumble grumble* in my day... :heh:

What's the difference between this and a general banking bank card that has no over-draft? Banks offer phone banking, text message updates and online services - so you can easily find out what your balance is... they also have those old-school Automated-Teller-Machines; which I think are steam powered. What's the difference?

If the product is good, your basically cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Lots of things have bad ads, which are great.

This product is not a new idea, I am pretty sure banks offer the same thing, I know Barclays does. They have just got something generic that is an easy way to make revenue with 0 effort (they must make quite a bit from card handling fees). The advert is the only thing making the product different from any other and it doesn't really have anything to do with the product, apart from the voice over, which is hard to listen to.

As for great products with bad ads, do you have any in mind?:heh: I'm interested.

The only thing I can think of that makes this good is that you can be 13 and still get it. Except Natwest, who actually power this new o2 card, offer a young persons bank card for those 11 and over.

Also they text you everytime a transaction occurs, meaning it's easy to keep track of your spending.

Surely you know as you have just done the transaction...

This may be just me (and it probably is), but isn't being obsessed with Hollyoaks, um, I dunno, a bit sad? I mean, obsession with the stellar 24 or fantastic Prison Break is fine, but Hollyoaks?

Its chip and pin, bank cards aren't.

aka you can use it in stores, internet, like a debit card. You can't with a bank card.

Its chip and pin, bank cards aren't.

aka you can use it in stores, internet, like a debit card. You can't with a bank card.

Is that an Irish thing? My bank card is a Visa debit card.

No... Chip and Pin is widely used in the UK too afaik, you put your card in a reader and enter your pin to pay for stuff, its been that way for a while now.

yeah your visa will be a chip and pin.. its been in for at least 3 years.. instead of signing, you put in a pin number?

Northern Ireland is part of the UK... :indeed:

As for great products with bad ads, do you have any in mind?:heh: I'm interested.

All JML products. Who wouldn't want an Oveglove or a magnicard.

Just check out this genius invention... the Nicer Dicer!

or the amazing Toasta bags

See how satisfied that guy is at the end with his perfect toasted sandwich, that could be you my friend.

Edited by weeyellowbloke

yeah your visa will be a chip and pin.. its been in for at least 3 years.. instead of signing, you put in a pin number?

Northern Ireland is part of the UK... :indeed:

You said "Its chip and pin, bank cards aren't.", while bank cards are obviously chip and pin if they are Visa cards. I am not aware of bank cards that can't be used like a credit card, although I know that they exist in some countries.

"In seconds" so not only are they no mess but they speed up how long it takes to toast a piece of bread?

See how satisfied that guy is at the end with his perfect toasted sandwich, that could be you my friend.

A full English sandwich? I thought I was unhealthy.;)

You said "Its chip and pin, bank cards aren't.", while bank cards are obviously chip and pin if they are Visa cards. I am not aware of bank cards that can't be used like a credit card, although I know that they exist in some countries.

not all bank cards have chip and pin...

they do exist! I used to have one before I turned 18.. Because in those days you couldn't have a debit card/visa 'til you turned 18.

"Visa cards" is a vague and useless term. a "visa" can be a credit card or debit card - but they ALL have chip and pin.

What people term a "visa" isn't a standard bank card. All a bank card has is the magnetic strip and can only be used in an ATM. Visa is just the service under which your card falls under. Doesn't really mean a lot.

I have a secondary card which has no chip and pin - I have it as a backup for anytime I'm running short of money.