NEurope
Josh64

And then he showed me his email address...

I don't give out my work email address because work scans everything that comes in and out of our email server >__<

Guys, this thread is about penises and so on. Stay on topic. :heh:

(for what it's worth, I think gmail has slightly better connotations that hotmail, but real emails for the win)

Guys, this thread is about penises and so on. Stay on topic. :heh:

(for what it's worth, I think gmail has slightly better connotations that hotmail, but real emails for the win)

What are "real" e-mails?

What are "real" e-mails?

Ones attached to domains that you own or ones from work/university/whatever I guess.

Anyway. Topic.

Looking back its pretty funny but at the time I was just pretty shocked :P

I am gay and its when he found out that he started all of this!

I also use Hotmail and after this huge debate I think I might take it off my CV :P

Ahh, learn something new every day! I guess that makes it, only in the teeny tiniest fraction, a little less weird, but still well strange. Has he actually adhered to your rather harsh warningtings, or are there any more hilarious chapters to the story?

(as for the email situation, why not just split that crap into another thread)

(for hotmail vs gmail, i'd say it's like comparing facebook and myspace, you have a preconcieved idea of one over the other)

I like my lewis.speller at n-europe.com email address but I don't think I could change from my spaln160 at hotmail dot com addy I've been using for the past 7 years or so.

Seriously... it really does not matter, I put my hotmail address on my CV when I last applied for job, got asked to attend an interview a week later and I've been there for about five years now... ::shrug:

If it really mattered as much as people are saying it did then my application would have been binned instantly, I really think this stupid 'rule' about professional e-mail addresses really only applies if your applying for a really well-paid job. :heh:

yeah but we're talking more about seeing it on a business card or a website rather than just as a personal email address on a CV.

Anyone defending Hotmail or Gmail more professional than the other certainly uses one of them. Both are free completely unprofessional poor man emails.

Anyone defending Hotmail or Gmail more professional than the other certainly uses one of them. Both are free completely unprofessional poor man emails.

But they work. And thus they fulfill their purpose. I don't get the hate.