N-Europe

Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi to be freed from prison??

danny

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with this. He should have died in prison.

So someone is found guilty of killing 270 people and just cos he is now dying the Government go awwww let him out. No way, die in prison you sick twisted mofo and good riddance.

Edited by Platty

I think some of you lot need think about what you are saying, sound almost as ruthless as him.

The judges in this land are not as ruthless as him, they show compassion for a dying person. It will be painful and its not like he's getting out of anything?

I must say I agree more with Ell here. Maybe it's silly. Maybe it's weak. But I am against any sort of suffering.

I think some of you lot need think about what you are saying, sound almost as ruthless as him.

The judges in this land are not as ruthless as him, they show compassion for a dying person. It will be painful and its not like he's getting out of anything?

Making him die in prison is hardly ruthless. Of course he getting out of something. Hes missing the last 3 months of his sentance.

They should bring back hanging. Maybe then people would be quite happy to die in prison of natural causes.

He never let his victims die with there familys close to them. That is apart from the familys that were on board and perished together.

Making him die in prison is hardly ruthless. Of course he getting out of something. Hes missing the last 3 months of his sentance.

They should bring back hanging. Maybe then people would be quite happy to die in prison of natural causes.

He never let his victims die with there familys close to them. That is apart from the familys that were on board and perished together.

See, that's a mindset I will never share nor be able to follow. It almost sounds like revenge to me.

Ok ruthless as him wasn't the best choice. I guess compassion would be a more suitable word.

This is a little bit similar to the Ronnie Biggs (Briggs?) thing. I know he had some involvement and it was a truly terrible occurrence but still, I wouldn't say I'm such a softie as Danny (no offence :p) but I feel this wasn't a complete shambles of justice as you believe so.

As for the hanging idea, you sound like you've been reading the Sun. Sort it out.

Yeah, I am. :p And I absolutely loathe the death penalty.

lol, you need to live in a country that is full of chavs.

e.g. Sean Mercer - a chav who shot and killed an 11 year old boy called Rhys Jones during a gang fight. He was 18 and was given 22 years. Now if he served all of that he'd be 40 when he's out...and free to live the rest of his life.

Which is why I pretty much agree with the death sentence.

e.g. Sean Mercer - a chav who shot and killed an 11 year old boy called Rhys Jones during a gang fight. He was 18 and was given 22 years. Now if he served all of that he'd be 40 when he's out...and free to live the rest of his life.

I completely understand your hate, and my feelings would probably be the same as yours, but my morals tell me that revenge like that isn't the way to go. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind," as they say.

I wouldn't say I'm as much a "softie" (though I probably also am :heh:) as I am an idealist.

Not that I agree with Dannyboy, but 22 years is a long time. You guys have life time sentence and it should be enough.

I completely understand your hate, and my feelings would probably be the same as yours, but my morals tell me that revenge like that isn't the way to go. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind," as they say.

I wouldn't say I'm as much a "softie" (though I probably also am :heh:) as I am an idealist.

It's not revenge, the justice system has to be strong for it to exist, if it makes exceptions it's no justice at all.

See, that's a mindset I will never share nor be able to follow. It almost sounds like revenge to me.

Maybe it is. But so what .

Ok ruthless as him wasn't the best choice. I guess compassion would be a more suitable word.

This is a little bit similar to the Ronnie Biggs (Briggs?) thing. I know he had some involvement and it was a truly terrible occurrence but still, I wouldn't say I'm such a softie as Danny (no offence :p) but I feel this wasn't a complete shambles of justice as you believe so.

As for the hanging idea, you sound like you've been reading the Sun. Sort it out.

What if i do read the sun. I can still form my own opionions. I could accept there not being a death sentance. But not if there going to let every tom, dick and harry out on compassionate grounds. His compassion in my opinion is that he wasnt hung. He should be greatful with that fact.

Not that I agree with Dannyboy, but 22 years is a long time. You guys have life time sentence and it should be enough.

It's not revenge, the justice system has to be strong for it to exist, if it makes exceptions it's no justice at all.

But killing as a punishment for killing just doesn't seem right in my head. Like I said, I'm an idealist and a pacifist - I just don't believe in making people suffer.

To be honest, though, I really don't want to get into a debate about it, because I know my opinion doesn't hold much against cold, calculating logic. Which I admit is necessary to make the world work. But that doesn't stop me disagreeing with it. I'm just sad it's necessary.

I think if we do bring back the death penalty, it should only be used on people who were "caught red handed", if you will (To avoid innocent people getting killed by accident). And even then, only for the worst crimes (Rape, Murder, ect.). However, I'm not saying we should or shouldn't, just, if we do. People who commit Rape and 1st Degree Murder shouldn't be allowed to leave prison for at least 40-50 years. And without remorse, they should be in until they die.

Erm its been proven it isn't necessary? Thus why the death penalty has been made illegal.

I dispute that fact. I would say it is necessary is there really less crime without it? Not that you would actually be able to tell as the govenment just write statistics to suit there needs.

We should return to prison types that America have, i was watching something yesterday about American prisons and that they are forced to serve all of their sentences no matter what really. And have minimal privileges as well. If prisons were less soft over here, i reckon less people would do the crime.

We should return to prison types that America have, i was watching something yesterday about American prisons and that they are forced to serve all of their sentences no matter what really. And have minimal privileges as well. If prisons were less soft over here, i reckon less people would do the crime.

Or people would be more willing to kill to not get caught.

Not that I have any idea of what a normal prison is like.