N-Europe

Pokémafia 3 - Turning Point

ReZourceman

I really liked the game. Especially that I could essentially choose which side I wanted.

My initial win condition was easy (I would win with whoever else wins) but my initial power didn't really help me, plus there was a bit of suspicion due to my apparent wild voting (which was partly because it didn't really matter to me at the time, so I went with the town (especially after hearing Raining's power).

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved this game!

Maybe it's cause I had a useful role, and that there seemed to always be something to investigate during the day. And that I won! (Hardly ever win mafia games)

My favourite thing ever: Using my power on Dannyboy, which meant it reflected back onto me, making me survive a few nightkills! Kicking Skarmory in the face before wringing it's neck.

Having loosely checked this thread from time to time, I do agree with the balance issues brought up by Nintendohnut.

ReZ's games usually have far too many investigators (and few of them ever have bad results), which means that the mafia has a very hard time winning the game.

A solution for this would be to replace some of the investigators with suspicious/counterproductive townies. Of course, that's just me.

Indeed, Nintendohnut has a very valid point.

Also, regarding the suspicions against me, it was fair enough that I was a steel Pokémon and that steel Pokémon were evil. Those accusations were fair enough. But I'm tired of getting picked on because of my apparent behaviour. You guys must have realised by now that you cannot figure out my alignment based on your normal expectations of townie/mafia behaviour. You can't keep suspecting me because of my erratic voting patterns. I'm just a confused and indecisive person who doesn't want to lynch someone he's not enough convinced is mafia.

Again, there were FAR FAR FAR too many investigators. When I was killed, I could basically pinpoint the mafia - just because so many townies had been cleared as good.

The game isn't as fun when you know so much.

And I was an investigator that always appeared in the write-up - meaning it was even easier for me to work out if my results were true or not.

Also, the town having 2 protectors was overkill, especially when there was only 1 kill happening every night. Plus, Paj's power was really powerful, when there wasn't really an equivalently powerful power in the mafia.

I think on a couple of nights we picked the wrong target and were perhaps unlucky, but otherwise just fighting a losing battle. With my death, obviously Chair you found out I was evil and it was confirmed quite clearly in the write-up. I don't think there was any way out of that, maybe I'm wrong.

Town did work really well together though, so well done people! :bowdown:

I hear your balance issues and obviously this was a problem, however in the last game people said this, so I took out investigators roles (actual investigator roles there really weren't that many for town, there were only 2) of course I guess this combined with what turned into THREE transformer roles lol (not my fault though) could have contributed.

Also for a lot of the info I wasn't giving as helpful-a-info as previous games, as I'm sure a lot of you noticed.

So I must admit I protest a bit that it was as unbalanced as you say. Each of the mafia (I think) were immune to at least one thing that the town could throw at them. Also I added balancing measures like the UBER town rules (like the fossils) didn't even get their uber powers for three nights, and then could only use them half the time, and Danny giving him a classicly mafia power (Rock Tomb) AND making one of his formes the same as the mafia. Blah blah.

But like I said, there must have been a problem if everyone agrees, so once again I'll take the comments forward.

I don't personally like the ideas of dumb cops....but maybe I will add one next time. Maybe I won't. ;)

Finally, from the previous games some comments people had was that the non-targetting powers were boring, and almost encouraged lack of activity as they had nothing they could add, so I tried to give everyone (and I think I did) give everyone a targetting power.

So yeah, glad you guys enjoyed it, I think it was great watching it from the outside. :)

Look forward to the next one eh.

-------------

My award for player of the match goes to Cube. He was doing some sick investigating.

My award for lucky escape goes to the mafia on night one. They nearly targetted to kill Dannyboy-the-Dane.

That would have been SICK. Lol.

Oh and I'm actually worried about not_so_tiny, I sent him a PM asking if something was wrong a few days back but havn't heard back. :(

PS Chair, start your mafia. I want to play one for once.

I did have a good time playing this though as Nintendohnut said, I did think it would be more fun being mafia. My power was a bit boring for me as the immunity from being investigated (and other powers) only made me more suspicious and the reverse investigating only told me who targetted me, nothing more. I think it was a bit hard to gather us all together as we were all online at very different times and a couple barely participated.

I also must say again that we need fixed ending times for each day/night phase as they begin and not half way through. At times we missed out purely because we were still discussing who to kill and weren't sure how much time we had left to decide.

I wouldn't say the town was overpowered necessarily but I think the mafia were definitely a little underpowered. I might try running an experimental mafia myself sometime to see if we can shake up the gameplay a bit. I think there's a lot we can take on board from the live mafias.

Anyway thanks very much for the great game again Rez! :D

I hear your balance issues and obviously this was a problem, however in the last game people said this, so I took out investigators roles (actual investigator roles there really weren't that many for town, there were only 2) of course I guess this combined with what turned into THREE transformer roles lol (not my fault though) could have contributed.

Also for a lot of the info I wasn't giving as helpful-a-info as previous games, as I'm sure a lot of you noticed.

So I must admit I protest a bit that it was as unbalanced as you say. Each of the mafia (I think) were immune to at least one thing that the town could throw at them. Also I added balancing measures like the UBER town rules (like the fossils) didn't even get their uber powers for three nights, and then could only use them half the time, and Danny giving him a classicly mafia power (Rock Tomb) AND making one of his formes the same as the mafia. Blah blah.

But like I said, there must have been a problem if everyone agrees, so once again I'll take the comments forward.

I don't personally like the ideas of dumb cops....but maybe I will add one next time. Maybe I won't. ;)

Finally, from the previous games some comments people had was that the non-targetting powers were boring, and almost encouraged lack of activity as they had nothing they could add, so I tried to give everyone (and I think I did) give everyone a targetting power.

So yeah, glad you guys enjoyed it, I think it was great watching it from the outside. :)

Look forward to the next one eh.

-------------

My award for player of the match goes to Cube. He was doing some sick investigating.

My award for lucky escape goes to the mafia on night one. They nearly targetted to kill Dannyboy-the-Dane.

That would have been SICK. Lol.

Oh and I'm actually worried about not_so_tiny, I sent him a PM asking if something was wrong a few days back but havn't heard back. :(

PS Chair, start your mafia. I want to play one for once.

Mafia games normally played on N-E have more investigator roles than the mafia games played on the MafiaScum forums, I think. I think many of us have grown accustomed to following investigations as opposed to figuring things out more by intuition. This is the point chairdriver has been trying to make. And I think it could be interesting, even though I know I'll probably die soon as I always seem to act suspiciously. :heh: