NEurope
Dyson

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

Where the hell are the screenshots for this anyway? There's little over 3 weeks until it's release and we don't even have a single post beta screenshot.

This isn't that significant, but if anyone wants to check it out themselves, they can.

I was browsing in HMV yesterday, and noticed they had what looks like the final box on display. I looked on the back of the case, and it had a seemingly finalised back, with some screens on. They're pretty tiny, but they were different from the early ones released, and noticably better too. Maybe those early ones were beta afterall.

Anyway, if anyone lives near a big HMV it might be worth checking out.

And why exactly didn't you steal this box, and scan the images, and post them up for us all???

Oh, yeah, right... not worth risking the criminal record! But I might pop into town to have a look myself!

A simple photo taken from a cell phone would be fine, I don't really think you'd need to steal the case.

Considering the poor quality of my phone's camera, you wouldn't have been able to make anything out.

Sorry for not trying, though...

Has anyone else pre-ordered this or is it just me?

**looks at Zechs and d_prOdigy - the only other two regular Wii World at War players from last year**

**looks at Zechs and d_prOdigy - the only other two regular Wii World at War players from last year**

Well considering Silent Hill is now a no-go for Christmas, I will be looking for something to fill the gap. At the moment, I'm looking into Dead Space Extraction considering it will be quite cheap by the year's end. However, if this is genuinely as good as it can be, then I might have a change of heart.

Truth be told, I had a quick blast of this on PS3 earlier in the year, and didn't come away that impressed. I think control was the biggest issue for me, but I also suspect I was at quite a weak stage in the campaign as well.

This isn't that significant, but if anyone wants to check it out themselves, they can.

I was browsing in HMV yesterday, and noticed they had what looks like the final box on display. I looked on the back of the case, and it had a seemingly finalised back, with some screens on. They're pretty tiny, but they were different from the early ones released, and noticably better too. Maybe those early ones were beta afterall.

Anyway, if anyone lives near a big HMV it might be worth checking out.

Dysonmon shall look in to this for you! :D

I'm defo in! Might see if my local TESCO will have it out at midnight lol. I'm very hyped for this!

Well considering Silent Hill is now a no-go for Christmas, I will be looking for something to fill the gap. At the moment, I'm looking into Dead Space Extraction considering it will be quite cheap by the year's end. However, if this is genuinely as good as it can be, then I might have a change of heart.

Truth be told, I had a quick blast of this on PS3 earlier in the year, and didn't come away that impressed. I think control was the biggest issue for me, but I also suspect I was at quite a weak stage in the campaign as well.

Yeah, the controls with dual analogue are not that good. But trust me, as a game it's better than WAW, when you play it with the wii remote you'll be hooked!

We should do N-Europe games where we all go in as a team against others and work together.

This is awesome, 8 days until it's released and we're still yet to see any video footage, or any post beta screenshots.

This, my friends, is not how to develop a game. :hmm:

This is awesome, 8 days until it's released and we're still yet to see any video footage, or any post beta screenshots.

This, my friends, is not how to develop a game. :hmm:

Agreed, I did however see the case in HMV at the weekend lol. This is exactly the same as what happened with WAW last year!

Apparently the game guide is going to be instores on the 3rd, which is tommorrow. So I imagine someone will have scans and new info from that online in no time. Plus I should imagine review copies will ship sometime soon?

Edited by Zechs Merquise

I'm not entirely sure why there is no hype - this is one of the most talked about games in recent years and Activision fail to promote its release on the largest install base? Are they stoned?

When have activision ever promoted games like this on the Wii. We didn't see any adds for World at War, even the Wii logo along with adds for the 360/PS3 version. And seeing as World at War was an all new game, while this is a re-release of a 2 year old game, the day the sequel comes out, I wasn't really expecting much. I don't have any respect for Activision any more anyway.

I know I gave Thanks but I just had to express it in text form.. that post really made me laugh, Retro_Link :grin: I didn't recognise it at the start, so when it kicked in I burst out :heh:

Anyway, I actually started to crave a little bit of shooting in the last few days and I'm now becoming interested to see how this actually turns out (having not really been bothered, previously..)

I feel that I would be more liekly to go with The Conduit at this point if I was going to opt for an FPS in the near future.. but I suspect neither would truly set my world on fire :hmm: In fairness, nothing in this genre really has since Goldeneye :eek:

If they get the controls right on this then I'd recommend it over The Conduit... by far!

You know, I wasn't planning on getting this after being so annoyed that MW2 wasn't being released on Wii, but seeing as a fair few people seem interested I may well pick this up.

Although I really do wish MW2 was coming out on Wii, it's amazing, really really amazing! I can't wait to get it.

^ probably because it looks and plays like shite!

That's a little unfair, WAW on Wii was great.

If they get the controls right on this then I'd recommend it over The Conduit... by far!

You know, I wasn't planning on getting this after being so annoyed that MW2 wasn't being released on Wii, but seeing as a fair few people seem interested I may well pick this up.

Although I really do wish MW2 was coming out on Wii, it's amazing, really really amazing! I can't wait to get it.

I'm getting this and MW2 (on 360). I'm actually more hyped for MWReflex simply because I love motion controls for FPS games and I loved the 360 original, it was just hampered for me as I hate dual analogue.

Infinity Ward says no to Wii.

As the studio ponders new IP after Modern Warfare 2

Infinity Ward has ruled out development on Nintendo’s Wii console after stating that the platform cannot meet the studio’s ambitions.

As part of a wider interview with Develop, Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling implied that the Wii’s humble hardware specs are at odds with the studio’s aim to deliver cinematic experiences.

“If we felt like we could deliver the cinematic experience we were going for on other platforms, then we would gladly move to that platform,†said Bowling.

“Right now, we don't think the Wii can deliver the exact experience that we’re doing. We like to be very equal across all platforms, and if it’s not equal then we won’t do it.â€

Bowling also suggested that Infinity Ward could work on new IP after the release of Modern Warfare 2, though at the same time insisted that the studio was still enjoying making Call of Duty games.

I suppose its a fair comment, with the 360/PS3/PC they can easily concentrate on making the same game for all of them platforms but when it comes to the Wii they would have to start from scratch if they wanted to do the game justice and keep their good name. Its pretty much R Evil 5 all over again.

I'm not too bothered really. Granted, it would be a nice little bonus for MW2 to come to Wii, but honestly speaking, I'd probably still get the PC release anyway (simply as it would be a more cinematic experience, and online, for me, is better on PC).

When have activision ever promoted games like this on the Wii. We didn't see any adds for World at War, even the Wii logo along with adds for the 360/PS3 version. And seeing as World at War was an all new game, while this is a re-release of a 2 year old game, the day the sequel comes out, I wasn't really expecting much. I don't have any respect for Activision any more anyway.

We did see some shots of WAW before release, didnt we? Fair enough, maybe I can buy into the argument not to advertise it, but no shots given out for free publicity on websites and magazines? Crazy.