NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Karl619

Being Dumped

He basically refused to see me everytime we argued, which was a bit of naff tactic because it just made me more angry each time he refused to go to the cinema or something :-p. Looking at it now I probably was the problem. We don't hate eachother at all, far from it, he just thinks I'm too hard to handle! I'm just unsure whether to ignore him now...it might be best for the long run.

I was in pretty much the exact same situation. Even though we went to the same sixth form she wouldn't speak to me. And trust me the relationship is over. Better to move on now that waste even more of your life.

Fake your death and hold your own funeral. It works in Scrubs...in JD's daydream.

...so it must work.

I believe this is a myth perpetuated by mediocre 90's sitcoms.

Only if both parties agree. Then actually stick to it and not bitch if one party gets jiggy with someone else. Which is why Ross was right.

the best advice i have heard

Getting to the chopper is far better.

It seems to me that the relationship is already over.

Move on, if you cant be friends with him then leave him alone.

I was in pretty much the exact same situation. Even though we went to the same sixth form she wouldn't speak to me. And trust me the relationship is over. Better to move on now that waste even more of your life.

That must have been quite a difficult situation, especially because you were always under each other's noses, yet not on good terms. That would have pissed me right off.

Yeah, looks like it's over mate, deffinitely best to move on. Long "breaks" never work.

....why is this thread still open btw?

This thread is still open because it was written. I've still not posted...

My relationship ended today (HWYD)...the feeling of emptiness and the wrenching of the gut won't go. It's horrible. No matter how good the advice is to leave it and walk away, my body and mind do nothing but attempt to continue it in any way possible. I love her, but she has changed so much. She constantly reminds me that it's her and not me that is the cause for this.

I wish there was a light in this tunnel right now. It's fucking terrible in here.

....why is this thread still open btw?

Because we like to hear the aftermath of those who recieved our words, lest there be more advice to give.

This thread is still open because it was written. I've still not posted...

My relationship ended today (HWYD)...the feeling of emptiness and the wrenching of the gut won't go. It's horrible. No matter how good the advice is to leave it and walk away, my body and mind do nothing but attempt to continue it in any way possible. I love her, but she has changed so much. She constantly reminds me that it's her and not me that is the cause for this.

I wish there was a light in this tunnel right now. It's fucking terrible in here.

If she has changed so much, then you must know that the relationship is not what it once was. Over time, people do change, in many different ways for many different reasons. Maybe a change of location, or the company in which they keep helps add to this change. Nobody knows why people change, but I bet everyone can identify with someone who they think had changed over time, and maybe not for good.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that there is a biiiig world out there, and if you put yourself out there you can come into contact with so many people. You can make new friends, meet and identify with new faces, and maybe just one of these people you will see as more of a friend. It always looks like the end of the world when a relationship ends. But, sometimes it can be the start of something new. I know when things ended between me and my ex that things changed for me for the better. It really was the start of a new life, so you can only consider things like this as a fresh new start. It'll seem awful right now, but it will get so much better in time.

Weeeeeeeell, son... *takes out pipe from mouth*

I've been there, and its all been aired and laid out on this site, from the highest ups to the lowest.

My Advice: Nothing will change if you two were back together. I agree with Moogle, once a relationship hits that zone and you (almost cowardly) try to salvage it (most commonly from fear of 'never finding another partner' or one as 'good'), you'll just be putting yourself in denial and then the whole relationship just ends up feeling awkward and more like work than actual enjoyment. You might walk on eggshells just so the same old argument doesn't break out... It'll just be awkward - At the same time you may meet another person who fits the bill a bit more nicer and start to wonder if pastures really are greener, then you may get into this shady area where you do want to maintain a relationship but then if that Mr right just comes along you may just fall for him... or anything else for that matter.

All of this amounts to a terrible amount of stress and you will only see just how suffocating that stress is when you finally get over it/him.

Take it from me; I lost my damned virginity to a woman who cheated on me. Even after knowing this I still kind of wanted her back lol from fear of not being in love again like that or whatever. Now 5 months later, I feel so great and stress-free and it shows in the things I do. NOW she is sending me FB messages wanting to get back with me! But I'm so happy and detached, I couldn't give a $hit.

Point is, from what you said, that relationships isn't working, you tried... Now move on. And yes it will be hard, but if in the end you rise above it, you'll be a much greater man... Think of it as you being a level 20 Magikarp... Rise above this situation and You will gain the exp points to be a mighty Gyarados!!! ;) Or are you happy staying a pathetic Magikarp?

I echo what others have said it's time to move on. It's hard to let go but it gets easier over time and to be honest after 5 months surely you realise it's over?

Sign in to follow this