Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Which Social Group Did You Fit In At School?

ReZourceman

Hmm, I don't really know which social group I was a part on in Primary School. Everyone just spoke to...mostly everyone. We didn't really have groups then.

In High School, particularly Sixth Form, I guess I was part of the group that would play computer games, meet up for a music jamming session, and talk about Monty Python! We were quite geeky, but it's cool, I like that.

From what I remember, the year below me in 6th form was a lot more focused around "groups" than what we were. We had us cool geeeeeeky people, and then you had the other lot who were used to be part of the "hard" or "it" crew when they were younger but had grown up somewhat. They were pretty tame, I think. From what I remember anyway. I also think a lot of people outside of my group ended up going to college anyway, which was next door.

It's funny, even at University, there are still social groups. Although, I found that I didn't truly belong to one specific group there. My housemates were quite normal people and we would go out for roast dinners, or talk about deeeep topics in the early morning hours, or play games like Articulate. My close friends outside of the house were into music like Rage Against The Machine or The Smiths, and we'd go to rock clubs and do other cool things. Whereas at uni, in lectures and stuff, I'd just speak to everyone.

So, I'm one of these "minglers" that just likes people. Although, I love being able to be myself with anyone. The hardest people that I've ever had to talk to are people who are restrictive or don't allow you to be yourself, or look down on you. I tend not to bother with these ones.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!