NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Pro Evo 2010

Unashamedly nicked from GoNintendo:

Pro Evolution Soccer fans that owns Wiis have been a bit upset by the way the Wii version ends up coming out months after the 360/PS3 versions. Konami has heard your complaints, and they'll be releasing PES 2010 on Wii much closer to the other titles. In fact, it's due out this Autumn.

The dev team is promising an even better experience this time around, with controls once again taking the main focus.

"Our control system for Wii is still regarded as the finest and most intuitive around, and we have once again reworked it to add a level of control and realism that can appeal to new and old PES fans alike." - Akiyoshi 'Greyhound' Chosogabe

- all-new game balance system

- player in possession of ball has 'instantaneous stamina' and overall stamina

- greater strategic controls

- free kick system using the Wiimote pointer through the kicker's point of view

- new animations

Its good that we will get the new version alongside the other consoles, but is it too soon after the sublime Pro Evo 2009 we got earlier this year...?

Very pleased it's coming out this autumn :) The instantaneous stamina sounds interesting too. Hopefully the free kick system using the pointer wont make scoring too easily, anyway, info will be clearer once there's game footage.

I'm pleased.. yet annoyed :hmm:

I'm glad to hear that the free kicks will be changed as they've been much too random thanks to the apporach taken in the 2008 and 2009 versions.. but even so, I just wonder if there is going to be enough of a difference to make it worth upgrading!

I certainly haven't had my fill of PES 2009 yet unlike PES 2008 that got plenty of time invested (I haven't began the Master League or Champions Road yet really :eek:) so, unless there are significant changes (which I assume is unlikely given the lack of time between versions) then I may wait for PES 2011 or just get PES 2010 a few months down the line when the price has come down :heh:

FINALLY!!!! I'm so pleased. I was worried that they may scrap the Wii version due to poor sales...which would annoy me because of the stupid release of the Wii version. Yes weve just bought this version, yes it's amazing, but I don't care!! Bring on the Autumn!!!

Sounds like they've made very few improvements, but thats how PES has been on all other platforms for a few years now.

Does this mean that the games are going to be "in sync" now, from now on?

I have to admit, part of the reason why I have been shy towards getting Pro Evo for the Wii is because the game doesn't seem to be in-date for very long. So, I think this move had to be done, there's no other way about it, really.

Although, whether or not they've sacrificed adding any improvements to the last game will just remain to be seen. For those of you would bought 09, it must seem like a bit of a kick in the teeth?

This is good news I guess. Shame I bought '09 recently ¬_¬ Oh well.

Anyone know where I can get option files (edited teams all done) for '09?

This is good news I guess. Shame I bought '09 recently ¬_¬ Oh well.

Anyone know where I can get option files (edited teams all done) for '09?

There's a pretty convoluted solution here, but it's far too complicated for me to bother. If you do try it, let me know.

As for PES 2010, I'm kinda glad they've moved it to a better release date, but a bit worried that it might suffer in terms of improvements with a shorter development time. Really hope they improve the grphics too this time. PES 2009 managed to somehow look worse than the 2008 game generally, and I'm hoping for a game that looks better than both next time. No reason really for the Wii version to look worse than the PS2 game.

Edited by K-project

I feel sorry for konami with this one... They really don't seem to be selling that well despite the effort

Got some data to back that up?

Hope they improve:

-on-the-ball control: I want to feint and 360 and scissor when I want to.

-more teams (same request as any year)

- control over passing speed: right now I still get too many balls being "nudged" toward other players when I want a strong pass, and vice versa.

- more precise wiimote aim shot mechanic during play (not just on free kicks)

- more management (still haven't found how to select your thrower)

- overhauled master league

- Spanish commentary option in ALL Euro copies

That is all.

I want official licenses. It really does nark me these days. Kinda stupid that they won't/can't? get the official leagues these days. Or is that still EA have exclusive rights?

PES deserves more - Just feels like in this day and age the title should be 'official' especially as it's still (barely) superior to FIFA.

I know all about ballin'

Wait a sec, I think I'm on the wrong page.

..and possibly the wrong forum :eek:

I look forward to seeing some improvement (if there is any :indeed:) and definitely agree with the passing aspect. It wouldn't hurt the game to allow you to hold in the pass button to guage the power of a pass and it could easily be included as an option (much like how the controls can be set for Automatic or Manual etc..)

I'm still not totally satisfied by shooting either :hmm: It would be nice if there was a bit more control over it and this goes for several areas of the game (such as the defending which still needs to be tweaked a little :heh:)

Edited by nekunando

To be released November 19th! Still later than other versions but not six months later. :heh:

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that PES 2010 will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD and mobile phones on October 22nd, with versions for PlayStation®2 and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) to follow on November 5th and Wii on November 19th.

PES 2010 marks the greatest advance for the series to date, with the PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and PC-DVD versions benefiting from 360 degree control, while also feature the most detailed visuals and most realistic animation to date, and all new Master League elements. The Tokyo-based development team has worked closely with the PES fan base to implement the most requested advances, and as a result PES 2010 is set to be the ultimate football fans’ game.

Konami has also worked to add a number of new licences to the game, at both International and Club levels. All the major national teams are now included, with officially-sanctioned versions of the likes of England, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Brazil and Argentina, plus the newly-added official German national team.

At club level, PES 2010 will also include the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and Konami is currently negotiating to feature as many of the qualifying teams from these two tournaments. Some teams – including Real Madrid, Juventus and Manchester United – have already been implemented, with more to be announced in the coming weeks.

cap_hi001_00.jpg

cap_hi002_00.jpg

cap_hi003__full.jpg

cap_hi006__full.jpg

cap_hi008__full.jpg

cap_hi030__full.jpg

Screenshots from here.

We've got the different boots from PES6 back instead of the bland black ones for every player and the graphics have improved slightly.

Any news on online options? Do we get the brilliant online rankings system that was used on PES5 for the PC?

Oh and another request (its only a small one), how about letting me play / Nando / online.

Edited by lostmario

It's the opening sequence isn't it? It does indeed look as though they might have improved the graphics. Thank the Lord. PES 2009 is the best footie game there is imho, but by God does it look like a dog. The PS2 games of old look better! Hopefully this will now be rectified, and along with those improved free kicks and more it's going to be a buy.

Blimey, it's all very quiet on the PES Wii front. It's out in two weeks and all I can find is this video on YouTube. C'mon Konami, let's see some more!

It does look like they might have improved the graphics a wee bit. But look at those free kicks. ISS 98 returns! :D

ISS 98 ... now that takes me back to awesome times.

Anway, can't wait for this as it is looking much better and the extra features look great. Having the Champions League in Master League looks good and the general menu system appears MUCH improved.

Well. It's out today, and I've been very surprised to see there's not a single review anywhere. Did anyone here get it? Is it much different to last years? Let us know.

Please! :D

Well. It's out today, and I've been very surprised to see there's not a single review anywhere. Did anyone here get it? Is it much different to last years? Let us know.

Please! :D

I'll post thoughts later tonight when I've had a bash on it. Won't be using Wii controls though, classic for me... ;)

Didn't realise the new Pro Evo was out today! I spotted it in Game earlier but didn't buy... Nicktendo, use the pointer controls as well as the classic to give us some proper impressions!

It's out?!?! Tempted but by all accounts it's the same as the last, brilliant, but the same... Disappointing!

Does anyone know if Pro Evo 09 has DLC squad update or have the bumfucked us into getting the new game?

Picked it up. Pointer controls are as brilliant as ever and even though I prefer the classic controls, the (again) limited camera options lend this game to pointer controls. (I actually like a close up view.)

Graphics are (again) a bit of a mess. Players look better than ever and the official strips are great BUT it still looks super jagged (component cables are a no-no) and again no widescreen?! The crowd is also the worst I have ever seen in a PES game too.

On the pitch it continues to play the best game of footy ever and the stamina system is an excellent addition to the game (basically a bar above a players head). With this stamina bar it works as you would expect, run a player ragged for 70mins and you may as well sub him or not give him the ball as to recuperate - great addition. Something FIFA needs desperately.

Champions League is a carbon copy of 09 with new FMV's. Same music too.

Master league etc is still brill and has official Champions League as part of it now. And various Mii modes/options have been tweaked. licensed, selectable music is thrown in too.

So, plays a slicker game on the park and looks about the same. Options are better and game modes are fleshed out. Worth an update? Probably not tbh but then again it depends how much you love your yearly footy fixes.

Edited by tapedeck

No widescreen?? There's widescreen in PES2009 on the Wii, I'm sure of it. :confused:

Actually, I might skip it this year. Without much improvement to the graphics and only a couple of additions to the gameplay there's little point spending, even though I love my yearly footy fix. It sounds difficult to justify £30 on, especially with money being so tight. I might have felt differently if it had more kits, or at least the ability to upload patches to it. PES 2009 completely locked you out of patching it easily. Konami need to be less aggressive on this with the Wii version imho.

I may change my mind as more reports filter through, but for the moment it's looking unlikely. Looks like I'll be sticking with the last one until next year.

Edited by K-project

Sign in to follow this