N-Europe

Deleting Windows Live Messenger

ViPeR

Right, i'm pretty much at my wits end with this ****ing program. Basically, i'm talking about MSN. It's just that's the new name for it. I've had nothing but trouble with the latest version. Yesterday it decided to stop working so I think, right i'll uninstall/reinstall. Oh look it's not in the Add/Remove programs list, awesome. So I find the actual folder and there's an uninstall exe. file there so I do that. It's now apparently uninstalled. I download the installer and then it gives me some crap about Windows Live Essentials being out of date or some shit and I can't for the life of me uninstall that. So, I resort to a system restore to bloody January. Now it's saying I have MSN already installed and can't install another. I tried an older version but that keeps saying I already have a version on here. I have since deleted every folder I can find relating to this damn thing and it still reckons it's on my system. I even uninstalled the original Windows Messenger. The thing is this has happened before and somehow I got it working again but I really can't remember how. All I want to do is reinstall it, any ideas?

Well that didn't work but I found a program called Final Uninstaller which did it for me. Man MSN gets everywhere. It also got rid of shit loads of unwanted remnants of past programs. Anyway, problem solved :)

I hated WLM eventually since it would always just hang on the signing in screen. At first I could fix it by deleting the 'hosts' file, but eventually that stopped working too. Now I use Pidgin, which is basically as good and without all the clutter. I like it. :)

Did you pay for it?

I didn't no. I recommend it, my computers so much faster for it. It's only a 30 day trial but you shouldn't need to use it often. I got rid of broken programs from years gone that I totally forgot about.

I hated WLM eventually since it would always just hang on the signing in screen. At first I could fix it by deleting the 'hosts' file, but eventually that stopped working too. Now I use Pidgin, which is basically as good and without all the clutter. I like it. :)

Same here, I can't really remember either how I got rid of it, but every time I sign in on the decent MSN it keeps telling me the "newer" version has downloaded and all I have to do is click and have it installed. Fuck. That.

We are on about the bullshit Live Messenger which moves the "avatars" to the left side, shitty backgrounds and basic pain in the arse features?