N-Europe

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger

MATtheHAT

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EPIC review of the game. Very happy that my order status has changed to 'shipped'. I will show you my 'thanks' online sometime Mat. Also, has long does it take VGP to ship stuff as my ps3 pad is still not here ¬_¬

Blaz Blue HD Review

Oh god I am so hyped for this game. IIRC, they are pretty fast at shipping. I am sure when I ordered Brawl, it came the week after. In fact, it took longer for the freeloader to come from the UK than Brawl did to get here from Canada!

It will be nice to have someone to play in the UK, even though the netcode is apperently spot on, even cross-continent.

Problem is picking who to play as. I currently have some ideas but not as clear cut for me as guilty gear was. Not sure if it's cos I am not gravitating to any characters or just that they all look cool and fun to play as.

I never really got into the GG series, Street Fighter was always my prefered brawler (I wasn't as open minded back then). I think I will pick a fighter I like, then just stick with him/her until I am profecient enough to win my fair share online. Then try and get to grips with the rest of them. The thing is, I won't even mind losing online because I will be happy just staring at the pwetty graphics.

I never really got into the GG series, Street Fighter was always my prefered brawler (I wasn't as open minded back then). I think I will pick a fighter I like, then just stick with him/her until I am profecient enough to win my fair share online. Then try and get to grips with the rest of them. The thing is, I won't even mind losing online because I will be happy just staring at the pwetty graphics.

Ditto. Don't think I have the time and patience to care TOO much about how I do. *Sigh* If online was so readily implemented a few years ago, THEN maybe this would not be the case. Anyways, you are just hyping me up for something that is still gonna take a week to arrive :sad:

some one please tell me where i can order this,I have searched every bloody place and nothing:cry: vg+ only has it for the 360 ,i feel like throwing myself into a river:sad:

Early bird catches the worm mate. Looks like you are gonna have to wait awhile unfortunately. :sad:

This is a great game. A must for any fighting game fan.

I have played my way through about a third of Ragna the Bloodege's story, and its wonderfully nonsensical Japanese. I have also completed the Arcade mode with Noel - which I think will be my main, she has decent projectiles, and can rack up some insane combo's. Only problem is she has not got much anti-air.

I have had a play around with all the characters in the training mode. Some, like Arakune, can be difficult to get to grips with. There are a couple of fighters which I can see will be getting spammed online, thats the cat, Taokaka, she (it) is amazingly fast, a very good aerial fighter. And Jin, because he can freeze his opponents in a Sub-Zero stylee.

Gonna watch the Blu-Ray now for some tips and advice.

Fucking A! It's here. Gonna watch the blu ray first while I try to figure out how to set up my new playstation eye camera thing for my pc.

EDIT: Mat have you seen the 'mana potion' promo yet? It hilarious and makes little sense!

Edited by Deathjam

Fucking A! It's here. Gonna watch the blu ray first while I try to figure out how to set up my new playstation eye camera thing for my pc.

EDIT: Mat have you seen the 'mana potion' promo yet? It hilarious and makes little sense!

I haven't, I'll take a look later. I only watched the basics and some combo's for Noel.

Great limited edition though eh?

I haven't, I'll take a look later. I only watched the basics and some combo's for Noel.

Great limited edition though eh?

Yeah it is awesome. JUST started playing the game. Dont look at the leaderboard, its depressing.

This game the teh shit! I would go so far to say that it is a better game than street fighter 4 (oh no he din' OH yes he did!). Yeah I went there. SOOOO much fun and online is super smooth and crisp, even with my failing router and torrents turned on. Story is better too and has different arcs depending on choices made, and possibly whether you win or lose some battles. Dubbing is actually quite good but the japanese voices are slightly superior.

Entry level is much more relaxed than SF4 with you being able to pull of multiple hit combos instantly, but may also have more depth as I think the game has more moves, meaning more options as there are multiple ways to string them.

Plus I love that I can save replays of pros and watch them at my leisure. There is a trophy for that too!

Fought MattheHat and damn were they close! Saved both matches though with the first one ending up in me finish with a hastily learned super :heh:. I think you knew what you were doing more than I though Mat, but I had beginner's luck (button bashing, well a bit measured) on my side. Can't wait to get more time with this.

Just wanted to say I really love this game...maybe more than my girl. But damn its so IMMEDIATELY fun which is what I have missed from games these days. And ragna is such a badass character but then so are most of them such as Noel and Tager (sp?). May try that ninja called Bang. He looks cool and you can't go wrong with ninja characters.

Hadn't really taken notice of this until like right this minute. I just passed it off as merely another fighter but with my love for Guilty Gear I decided to have a look at the Gametrailer footage and review and, well wow. It looks amazing. I really hope someone publishes this quick-ish for a PAL release because I now have a hankering for playing some 2d fighting. Got a copy of Guilty Gear on the Dreamcast I can take out to pass the time but I would really like to get this. Would consider importing so might have a look although I'm not overly fussed for getting the PS3 version. Don't ask why. Would take it if I could get it though.

Yeah it is awesome. JUST started playing the game. Dont look at the leaderboard, its depressing.

This game the teh shit! I would go so far to say that it is a better game than street fighter 4 (oh no he din' OH yes he did!). Yeah I went there. SOOOO much fun and online is super smooth and crisp, even with my failing router and torrents turned on. Story is better too and has different arcs depending on choices made, and possibly whether you win or lose some battles. Dubbing is actually quite good but the japanese voices are slightly superior.

Entry level is much more relaxed than SF4 with you being able to pull of multiple hit combos instantly, but may also have more depth as I think the game has more moves, meaning more options as there are multiple ways to string them.

Plus I love that I can save replays of pros and watch them at my leisure. There is a trophy for that too!

Fought MattheHat and damn were they close! Saved both matches though with the first one ending up in me finish with a hastily learned super :heh:. I think you knew what you were doing more than I though Mat, but I had beginner's luck (button bashing, well a bit measured) on my side. Can't wait to get more time with this.

Just wanted to say I really love this game...maybe more than my girl. But damn its so IMMEDIATELY fun which is what I have missed from games these days. And ragna is such a badass character but then so are most of them such as Noel and Tager (sp?). May try that ninja called Bang. He looks cool and you can't go wrong with ninja characters.

Just seen your edited post, and 'measured' button mashing is exactly what I was doing as well lol. I might have to have a look at Ragna, he is definitely badass, and has a similar moveset to a shoto. I think Noel is just not working for me.

Oh, and love the sig, gonna get me one of those.

Hadn't really taken notice of this until like right this minute. I just passed it off as merely another fighter but with my love for Guilty Gear I decided to have a look at the Gametrailer footage and review and, well wow. It looks amazing. I really hope someone publishes this quick-ish for a PAL release because I now have a hankering for playing some 2d fighting. Got a copy of Guilty Gear on the Dreamcast I can take out to pass the time but I would really like to get this. Would consider importing so might have a look although I'm not overly fussed for getting the PS3 version. Don't ask why. Would take it if I could get it though.

If you can track this down, then get it. The limited edition is first run only, and because the game is soooo good, it will only go up in value. It could be months away, possibly close to a year before it gets a PAL release. I know you like to buy your multiplat games on the 360, but seriously, this is one of the few multiplats that is better on the PS3.

Just seen your edited post, and 'measured' button mashing is exactly what I was doing as well lol. I might have to have a look at Ragna, he is definitely badass, and has a similar moveset to a shoto. I think Noel is just not working for me.

Oh, and love the sig, gonna get me one of those.

If you can track this down, then get it. The limited edition is first run only, and because the game is soooo good, it will only go up in value. It could be months away, possibly close to a year before it gets a PAL release. I know you like to buy your multiplat games on the 360, but seriously, this is one of the few multiplats that is better on the PS3.

Seems some are taking advantage. Only 1 available though but at quite alot more than I paid for it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140331615378

Me and DeathJamm playing online. One of the very few (one) times I have actually beaten him. I am Noel Vermillion (the girl) and DM is Ragna the Bloodedge (the boy).

Sorry for the poor quality, and for some reason all my YouTube vids are always out of sync with the audio.::shrug: