Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

He has been injured for quite a while after the game against Chelsea to be far :grin: wonder if it was John Terry's doing?

Haha, it could well be. I just think he should count himself incredibly fortunate to be in the position he is in, considering his quality, his form, his injury problems and the club's he's played at. It's about time he ran out of luck, in my opinion. :heh:

I know I'm being hard on the guy, but something about him ticks me off. The only other time I felt this was with John Arne Riise. Grrrr. There probably have been more, if I'm honest.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, it could well be. I just think he should count himself incredibly fortunate to be in the position he is in, considering his quality, his form, his injury problems and the club's he's played at. It's about time he ran out of luck, in my opinion. :heh:

I know I'm being hard on the guy, but something about him ticks me off. The only other time I felt this was with John Arne Riise. Grrrr. There probably have been more, if I'm honest.

That's fair enough, but who else do you think should replace him? I didn't like Riise either :p He turned up to certain games and played well but others he may have well just left Liverpool with 10 players on the pitch. IMO

I don't quite understand your point about the club's he's played at? He's been at Chelsea and Manchester City who obviously rated him so surely that's a reason to show he is rated decent enough?

That's fair enough, but who else do you think should replace him? I didn't like Riise either :p He turned up to certain games and played well but others he may have well just left Liverpool with 10 players on the pitch. IMO

I quite like the look of Stephen Warnock, and I really rate Leighton Baines. Personally, I'd have both of these players above Bridge. Warnock has been a bit unlucky with injuries, but he offers a lot, lot more than Bridge does. As for Baines, it's a no brainer. He should be getting picked as second choice for England instead of Bridge.

I don't quite understand your point about the club's he's played at? He's been at Chelsea and Manchester City who obviously rated him so surely that's a reason to show he is rated decent enough?

That's what I mean, how on Earth he managed to find himself at Chelsea and Manchester City is beyond me. But, the key thing is that he hasn't managed to hold down his starting spot at these two clubs.

Edit: Also, if we're really pushing it, I'd even take Phil Neville at Left Back. Plus, he's versatile and can play as a decent defensive-type of midfielder.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

The players may go there for the money, but the people wanting the players to go to that club surely show they must believe the players have the talent they are looking for?

Now it doesn't mean their opinion is right. I wouldn't have chosen to buy Wayne Bridge nor most of their defence given what they spent (Yes Mr Lescott I'm looking at you). But surely you see my point-ish?

I Micah Richards going to the World Cup? I like him but he's not been doing so well recently.

The players may go there for the money, but the people wanting the players to go to that club surely show they must believe the players have the talent they are looking for?

Now it doesn't mean their opinion is right. I wouldn't have chosen to buy Wayne Bridge nor most of their defence given what they spent (Yes Mr Lescott I'm looking at you). But surely you see my point-ish?

I Micah Richards going to the World Cup? I like him but he's not been doing so well recently.

I know what you mean. It's funny though, I do believe the English players get hyped up a tad bit more than they should do. (Like Lescott...) I actually like Micah Richards too, but he hasn't had a good couple of seasons, imo. I'm not a fan of Lescott, either. But yeah, the management must see something in them if they bring them to the club and then play them.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow, draw will do best for Chelsea I think.

Not sure if the two teams will go all out for it, but I believe it could go either way with both defences being a little bit more shaky this season, whilst the forward play has been great for both teams.

Then Arsenal get Chelsea. Not a nice run of games for them.

Here's what I think the line-up will be for tomorrow. I'm betting we'll go with 4-3-3/4-5-1 because we always do in these sorts of games.

Van Der Sar

Rafael - Vidic - Evans - Evra

Fletcher - Carrick - Anderson

Valencia - Rooney - Park

Valencia and Park are very good at tracking back so that'll help defensively. Anderson gets in ahead of Scholes because of his mobility. Scholes may come in the second half though, depending. Saying that, Anderson may not feature at all because apparantly he's had another bust up with the manager. Fucking hell.

Maybe Nani could come on in the second half for Valencia, if the game is tied, as he could give us another option up front. Also, Wes Brown will probably come on for Rafael in the second half, or he may get the nod. Maybe Berbatov could come on in the second half for either Anderson or Park, and we switch to a 4-4-2 with Carrick and Fletcher in the middle. I think this'll only happen if we're behind.

So, that's my team and subs. My prediction is 2-0 to United, with Rooney getting one, and Vidic from a corner. (watch us get hammered 6-0 now)

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Flinkington, I don't think we'll be seeing Anderson again to be honest.

The last two games Nani has played his socks off so I expect him start for sure.

I reckon Fergie will go 4-4-2

VDS

Rafeal - Vidic - Evans - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Fletcher - Nani

Berbatov - Rooney

Or possibly leave out Berbatov and whack Giggsy in the middle and pack the midfield.

Flinkington, I don't think we'll be seeing Anderson again to be honest.

The last two games Nani has played his socks off so I expect him start for sure.

I reckon Fergie will go 4-4-2

VDS

Rafeal - Vidic - Evans - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Fletcher - Nani

Berbatov - Rooney

Or possibly leave out Berbatov and whack Giggsy in the middle and pack the midfield.

I think you might be right. :(

I'm hoping this Anderson talk is tabloid rubbish, because he's been playing well for the most part. If he does go, I'll be very disappointed in him. :(

Honestly, there's not much chance we'll play 4-4-2 away. We didn't even play 4-4-2 against them at Old Trafford! Although we played Liverpool at Anfield with 4-4-2 with Scholes and Carrick in the middle, but that didn't work because they lacked the legs. Also, if Nani does play, we'll get more out of him on the right...which is where the problem lies. I think the only way Valencia and Nani will play together is if Valencia plays on the right side of a midfield three, with Nani on the right side of an attacking three. That idea is very unlikely though, imo.

If Nani or Valencia grew a left foot, all our problems would be solved...

I'm not going to put forward any predictions, I have two hopes:

1. Vermaelen is fit.

2. Arshavin leaves his invisibility cloak at home.

We'll need both players.

I was pleased to hear he hadn't broken his leg. I really like him. Although, I hope he somehow is unfit for tomorrow, haha.

I think you might be right. :(

I'm hoping this Anderson talk is tabloid rubbish, because he's been playing well for the most part. If he does go, I'll be very disappointed in him. :(

Honestly, there's not much chance we'll play 4-4-2 away. We didn't even play 4-4-2 against them at Old Trafford! Although we played Liverpool at Anfield with 4-4-2 with Scholes and Carrick in the middle, but that didn't work because they lacked the legs. Also, if Nani does play, we'll get more out of him on the right...which is where the problem lies. I think the only way Valencia and Nani will play together is if Valencia plays on the right side of a midfield three, with Nani on the right side of an attacking three. That idea is very unlikely though, imo.

If Nani or Valencia grew a left foot, all our problems would be solved...

For the past two games Anderson hasn't even made the bench. He is off or busy healing the wounds by being boot boy for a bit.

Nani can easily play on the left though. But if a choice between him and Anderson tomorrow for the right, I think Nani will get the nod. Valenica on as sub 2nd half to utilise his fresh legs and speed against sol campbell :)

I think 4-4-2 would would work but got a feeling it'll be Rooney up top on his own.

For the past two games Anderson hasn't even made the bench. He is off or busy healing the wounds by being boot boy for a bit.

Nani can easily play on the left though. But if a choice between him and Anderson tomorrow for the right, I think Nani will get the nod. Valenica on as sub 2nd half to utilise his fresh legs and speed against sol campbell :)

I think 4-4-2 would would work but got a feeling it'll be Rooney up top on his own.

Did you hear the recent "news" about him? Apparantly he's not been turning up for training, and went back to Brazil without the club's permission. How much of that is true, I don't know.

Nani can play on the left, but that's a bit like saying that so can Danny Welbeck. It's not their natural position. Whenever Nani gets the ball on the left, he cuts inside all the time, because he can't cross with his left. It's the opposite of Valencia, who can't cut him from the right because he hasn't got a left foot. The last two games, Nani has played on the right, which I don't think he has done all season (I think) because Valencia has been occupying that space, and doing really well at it.

I like both players because they offer different things. Nani has more flair to his game, whereas Valencia is hard-working and great at crossing/linking up with other players on that side. It seems a shame to sacrifice one for the other, because they both should be starting. But, they both have the same weakness in that they can only play on the right hand side. We should be playing both of these players to their strengths, and Nani's strength is being on that side. He looked much more comfortable there against City and Hull than he did the entirety of last season on the other side. (although that may be unfair, because he hardly got a game last season).

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Did you hear the recent "news" about him? Apparantly he's not been turning up for training, and went back to Brazil without the club's permission. How much of that is true, I don't know.

Yeah that's what I'm refering to and that's why I reckon he is off. You don't cross Fergie as many players have found out before.

It's a shame as I rate him and he was only going to get better.

Yeah that's what I'm refering to and that's why I reckon he is off. You don't cross Fergie as many players have found out before.

It's a shame as I rate him and he was only going to get better.

You never know how true these things are, but I'm fearing the worst. If he does, then he only has himself to blame. But, I will be gutted as I rate him, as well.

In fact, he's a prick if this does turn out to be true. 21 years old, he is, and a regular starter for United. Talk about pissing your dreams up the wall.

What a game. Was worried before the match but we dominated the midfiled. Was dodgy at the start with Scholes against Fabregas but as soon as Fergie changed it up with Carrick on Fabregas we were a different team. The likes of Nani and Rooney were unstoppable. Should have put away more to be honest. Could have easily scored 5 or 6.

Arsenal had a few chances but never looked like scoring with Arshavins finishing. We we so good on the break, was lovely to see. The last 10 minutes after Arsenal did score they pushed us but all in all a well deserved win for United.

By far one of our best performances this season. In fact, one of our best games in recent years. I looked at the line-up and was a bit miffed to see that Vidic wasn't playing. So, I was worried about Brown and Evans in the centre of defence, but with us playing that particular formation, I knew the central midfielders would provide some good protection. I was surprised to see Scholes starting again, and also Nani in place of Valencia. But, thankfully he retained his place on the right, which I mentioned yesterday. Play him to his strengths, and he'll do well.

Absolutely fantastic performance. Carrick was superb in midfield when he was playing the holding role. Jonny Evans looked commanding at the back, and Rafael looked tenacious especially when he was going in for a tackle. He's a much better defender (positionally) than he was last season. I was chuffed to bits for him.

The hero of today was Nani, by far. Man of the Match, and he tormented Arsenal's defence. I'm so pleased for him, and seeing him celebrate after his goal...I hope he really takes heart from this last week and keeps going. I thought the front three of him, Rooney and Park (who was under-rated that game, and deserved his goal) were great to watch. It took us a while to get truely settled, because Arshavin seemed to have the better of Wes Brown, Evra looked unusually shaky at the start (but put in a great performance after that) and Arsenal had some great chances. There was a great tempo to the game. :)

I thought Song for Arsenal was great, and I really rate him as a player. Vermaelen caused us quite a bit of trouble at the end, and I think these were Arsenal's two best players today. In the last ten minutes, Arsenal piled on some great pressure, and my heart was beating so fast. I'm a little surprised that they didn't highlight Brown and Evans as a weakness as the game went on, because they had a fair bit of joy in the first 15 or so minutes. There were more balls flying into the box in the last 5 mins than there were in the rest of the game.

We were fucking crap. We gifted three goals and couldn't score in a brothel ourselves. Man United outclassed us in that, what they were given they took gladly.

We had too may 'players' out their who were scared of the occassion and not up for the challenge. Unlike Man Utd who are always up for the scrap.

Almunia, Clichy, Denilson and Nasri were shite today. If we play like that next week, no doubt Chelsea will get a hat full of goals. I'd say thats put a lid on our title challenge, even if we win next Sunday we'll be relying too heavily on other results.

We did the same thing against Liverpool though. We looked dis-interested and didn't seem up for the challenge. This is such a massive contrast to that.

How you respond to a defeat shows your character, and I'd expect Arsenal to put in a better performance against Chelsea. I wouldn't expect Denilson to play in that game though, as like you mentioned, I thought he wasn't very good today. Also, I'm shocked at Clichy. I thought he would've had the better of Nani, or at least had some success. Nani was all over him, and in such a way that I was just not expecting.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!