NEurope

We've not done ourselves too proud against teams in the top 6. Two wins, a draw and five loses. Plus if we play as shit as we did against Spurs and second half of Wigan then we'll get turned over. So don't expect us to beat Man City.

And lets keep up the banter, even if it gets a bit heated between dazzy and myself, it keeps the topic a bit interesting and real. We're not all fans of the same teams and players, if we all just agreed with each other it would be a bit crap.

wow20we20beat20spurs.jpg

I still think Man United were bloody jammy with that win at the weekend. Last few seconds >_<

Its strange how Chelski managed to beat Man U, and play a convincing game, then for no reason play really dull and uninspired football against Bolton or Spurs. Congrats to Spurs though, they are playing some good football. They should beat Man U to just round it all off really.

Haha, nothing jammy about it. Perseverance. If we didn't go for the win, then I definitely think we would be slugging it out with Arsenal for second. Football is never over until the whistle blows. Never give up.

It's a tricky one. I think Palacios SHOULD come back into the team. Modric and THudd have been great in the middle but Palacios is fantastic. I think what will happen is he will come in, Modric moves to left wing and Bale back at LB (His best position). Which I think makes us really strong. Lennon could be back too so that would be a huge bonus to be able to bring him on.

Still think you'll win though. Just hope Arsenal do too then we're well in control. Exciting season!!

I hope it'll be a good game. The reverse fixture earlier in the season was pretty good, but I was fuming when you went 1-nil up so early on. Ah, and that was also the game where Anderson got his first goal. Shame the lad is injured, as he was quality in that game.

We've not done ourselves too proud against teams in the top 6. Two wins, a draw and five loses. Plus if we play as shit as we did against Spurs and second half of Wigan then we'll get turned over. So don't expect us to beat Man City.

And lets keep up the banter, even if it gets a bit heated between dazzy and myself, it keeps the topic a bit interesting and real. We're not all fans of the same teams and players, if we all just agreed with each other it would be a bit crap.

wow20we20beat20spurs.jpg

I had a stitch from laughing so hard at that. Haha.

Earlier in the season I heard this about Liverpool which made me chuckle.

"Liverpool - 18 - 5. (refering to their league titles and champions league trophies."

18 - 5. 6 oclock on Channel 5.

Well I say jammy. I have to admit I didn't watch the match, but I did listen to it. The commentators made it sound like such a dull and uninspiring match, so for Man United to come back within the last 20 seconds just made it sound jammy.

Not as though they went against the run of play.

Well I say jammy. I have to admit I didn't watch the match, but I did listen to it. The commentators made it sound like such a dull and uninspiring match, so for Man United to come back within the last 20 seconds just made it sound jammy.

Not as though they went against the run of play.

It wasn't the best derby, in all honesty. Notttthing like the one earlier in the season, or the two Carling Cup games. This was definitely the weakest of the four.

Paul Scholes was the best player on the pitch, so it was fitting he got the winner. City weren't as up for it as I thought they were going to be.

98555239.jpg

: peace:

Nice of Plymouth to play "We are the Champions" for us when we'd just relegated them, fair play :heh:

With Chilesy leaving the Beeb (and good riddance I say), a petition is underway to have James Richardson brought into replace him!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/jrformotd2/sign

James-Richardson_399x273.jpg

:bowdown: : peace:

Adrian Chiles was on the only thing making MotD any good. Except the odd week when Martin 'the missing link' Keown was on. At least he made MotD2 have slight bits of humour, unlike the boring mudane regular show which is typically a Man Utd and Chelsea wankfest.

And congrats to Newcastle for winning the championship. I'm hoping to make the trip up to St James' next season, one of the stadiums in England I've always wanted to visit.

Adrian Chiles was on the only thing making MotD any good. Except the odd week when Martin 'the missing link' Keown was on. At least he made MotD2 have slight bits of humour, unlike the boring mudane regular show which is typically a Man Utd and Chelsea wankfest.

I always thought Chilesy was a strange pick for MotD 2. He's never struck me as a good presenter and on MotD 2, he's not been great at all with doing a footy programme. I dunno how his rise to superstardom happened. :heh:

The best thing I've ever seen on MotD 2 was Slavan Bilic!

Well done to Newcastle. Going up, in style.

Did anyone pay attention to the Inter-Barca game tonight? I had Sky Sports News on and the BBC Live Updates, seems like it was an entertaining game. Finished 3-1 at the San Siro. You can never write Barcelona off, but it's going to take some effort to put two past Jose, I think. They're capable of it, though. That should be a great game, too.

Also, James Richardson?! I hope he is just as my childhood remembers him. Used to love watching Gazzetta Football Italia on Saturday Mornings. Italy, Football and usually lovely ice cream desserts were all on show. Haha. Oh, to be young again.

I think Barca are far from out. Great result for Inter mind you. But Barca are more than capable of winning 2-0 at home or by more, as we all know.. ;_;

I think Barca are far from out. Great result for Inter mind you. But Barca are more than capable of winning 2-0 at home or by more, as we all know.. ;_;

I'm hoping for a 3-1 scoreline, to take the game into extra time. Would love if it Eto'o got the winner.

James Richardson is the exact same these days. He's still the king of the pun!

The 3-1 scoreline in Jose vs Messi was unexpected. Apparently Sneijder played another great match for Inter. You have to remember that Barca bussed it over to Milan, but even still, its their first defeat by more than a goal under Guardiola and its not like Inter are push overs themselves... well they are in Europe but you get what I mean. Before the game I was sort of expecting a 0-0 at Inter with Jose constructing a tight 1-1 in the Camp Nou.

Now they can head over there and park the bus.

How much was Sneijder? Around 10 million, weren't it? I was hoping United were going to make a bid for him, but alas we didn't. Inter got a bargain, imo. That, along with the fact they got 45million plus (euros I think) and Eto'o for Ibra.

As good as Inter are, it'll have to be one hell of a performance to go there and park the pub for 90 minutes. Against a team such as Barca, who can unlock even the best defences, I think it's asking for trouble. What they need to do is get a goal, preferably as early as possible. That brings it to 4-1 on aggregate. Inter will be tough to beat, but as long as they don't sit back too deeply I think they could do it.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

How much was Sneijder? Around 10 million, weren't it? I was hoping United were going to make a bid for him, but alas we didn't. Inter got a bargain, imo. That, along with the fact they got 45million plus (euros I think) and Eto'o for Ibra.

The most ironic thing is that he came from Real Madrid who also shipped Robben out to make room for their new age of Galacticos. How did Real fair in the Champions League this season, eh? :woops: They are long gone! But look at Inter (Sneijder) and Bayern (Robben), it would seem the new Galactico era has benefited European football in ways we couldn't have foreseen. :hehe:

The most ironic thing is that he came from Real Madrid who also shipped Robben out to make room for their new age of Galacticos. How did Real fair in the Champions League this season, eh? :woops: They are long gone! But look at Inter (Sneijder) and Bayern (Robben), it would seem the new Galactico era has benefited European football in ways we couldn't have foreseen. :hehe:

Haha, I read an article recently that said exactly[/i] what you just said.

Real Madrid took Ronaldo from United and bought Alonso from Liverpool. The idea was to strengthen their own team, and also weaken these rival teams. Then, as you say, they shipped out two of their Dutch Stars, Robben and Sneijder, invariably strengthening Inter and Bayern.

In the meantime, Real's stars fail to gel and get past Lyon in the Champions League. At the same time, Liverpool's midfield suffer at the loss of Alonso and they go out of the Champions League. United are eliminated from the Champions League, at the hands of Robben. Could've done with some Ronaldo magic that night.

So, Real Madrid have been responsible for their own demise, partly responsible for the successful campaigns of Inter and Bayern, and partly wounded United and Liverpool.

What a difference a year makes. You can't write this stuff in football.

Yeah, but only crap teams get thrashed by Barcelona... :D*hopes that Chelsea haven't been on the receiving end of one in recent memory as mine is playing up due to tiredness.

Chelsea lost 5 -1 to Barcelona at the Nou Camp in the 99/00 Champions League after beating them 3-1 at Stamford Bridge. It was the last time that Barcelona lost 3-1 in the knockout stages of a European competition...

Chelsea lost 5 -1 to Barcelona at the Nou Camp in the 99/00 Champions League after beating them 3-1 at Stamford Bridge. It was the last time that Barcelona lost 3-1 in the knockout stages of a European competition...

Damn you :p

Henry in cocaine shame (video)

2e2jt5l.jpg

Hahahahha. That's great. :)

Did anyone watch the Champions League Semi-Final earlier? Possibly a contender for one of the worst ones in recent years. The game was arse. Lyon looked very poor in midfield, even after Bayern went down to 10 men.

Speaking of that, dunno what Ribery was thinking. Must be all the headlines getting to him, but it was a stupid "challenge" so he needed to go.

Robben was the best player on the field by a mile. Maybe the Lyon team were knackered after the coach journey? They'll need to put in a lot more effort for the second leg.

I managed to catch the highlights for the game from yesterday. Very exciting. It's a bit of a shame that that particular game isn't the final, as it would have been quite worthy.

Hull look doomed to relegation after that performance, as do Burnley. Newcastle and West Brom come back up. In the case of last season, Newcastle have justice served against Hull.

Sounds like Gerrards been a naughty boy, Shagging a 16y/o and got her up the duff while his wife has been cheating on him with Derby County player Kris Commons, look out for the news of the world on sunday.

Sounds like Gerrards been a naughty boy, Shagging a 16y/o and got her up the duff while his wife has been cheating on him with Derby County player Kris Commons, look out for the news of the world on sunday.

I read about that on the 606 forums, but I didn't know whether it just a rumour or the truth.

Would explain why he looks knackered this season.

I read about that on the 606 forums, but I didn't know whether it just a rumour or the truth.

Would explain why he looks knackered this season.

Would do and if it's true, this is gutting and this is why he's apparantly off to Inter, to get away from the press.

Would do and if it's true, this is gutting and this is why he's apparantly off to Inter, to get away from the press.

Hmm, I really don't know. It's really hard to picture him leaving Liverpool.

I know the British press can be a pain in the arse, but are the Italian media that much better? They're probably not as bad as the English or Spanish media, but I don't think he'll be in for an entirely easy ride. Not these days anyway.

A big part of me thinks that he'll ride the wave and come back from this. He loves the club and I think it'll take an awful lot to get him to leave that behind.