NEurope

Come on you Baggies...

What was the attendance at Derby Bluestar..? :p

Can't believe Nani got himself sent off, after all his hard work in the last few games and earning himself a starting place. Dangerous tackle, Ref did the right thing, and I don't think he had much choice. However, our response after that was great. Never gave in, and we probably looked just as dangerous with 10 men as we did with 11.

Also, well done Mr. Louis Saha. :D (God, I miss you...)

Quality win for us tonight, especially with the others dropping points, but more importantly to consolidate our current position.

It was an even game though Howard Webb gave a lot of **** decisions, he rightly booked Bendtner for a dive then didn't book Gerard even though the twat was on the deck like a fish every 5 minutes. (Mass over exageration but there were at least two dives, one blatant one before the free kick where Cesc plays goalie just outside the box).

I went to see the game, thought Arsenal deserved to win it. Glad they did too because I just don't like Liverpool. I went with an Arsenal fan and a Liverpool fan so it was a win win situation for me (although a 0-0 draw seemed fairly likely up until 60 mins into the game).

Yeah Gerrard did dive a couple of times and Howard Webb was irritating, the only thing good about him is that he's pretty solid and manages to extinguish any antics pretty quickly, not that there were any tonight. In all honesty it wasn't a great game, the first half was pretty forgettable bar Bendtner's opportunity. Everyone who got a yellow deserved their yellows tbf, I thought the high foot studs to the face might be given a red. Might've looked worse than actuality though.

Gerrard hardly hit the floor before the blatant handball, he got straight back up and carried on.

Plus that freekick wasnt even for the foul on Gerrard, it was for a push on Kuyt

Anyway I dont think either team really deserved to win. Both had good spells but overall it wasnt exactly brilliant.

Come on you Baggies...

What was the attendance at Derby Bluestar..? :p

28,607. How many pens did you need this time? ;) Di Matteo's obviously told them "Heya ladsa, if hea toucha you, go down likea you been shot"

At least that dirty twat Thomas finally got the red card he's been trying for all month :D

Haha. Bitter much :laughing:

In other sad news, you and Forest still have to play each other.... and if the unthinkable happens, and Cardiff go bust you will lose 6 points, Forest will lose 4 points and we will lose.... *starts counting on his fingers* zero points.

Edited by DuD

Oh well, congratulations on losing to Cardiff then - was obviously part of your master plan. Best lose again on Tuesday just to make sure ;)

Edited by BlueStar

Well we're on a decent run at the moment, so hopefully it all goes well Tuesday... as i said "if the unthinkable happens"... no-one wants to see a team go bust.

I said it at the start of the season: no team gets through the championship season without a blip. Welcome to your first. We've already had two and are still equal on points with you.

Good luck in your cup game ;)

Did anyone see the Everton-Chelsea game yesterday? I watched it this morning, and Saha gave John Terry a horrible, horrible time. I can't think of a time when I saw one person give him so much grief. He looked very tired and slow.

Did anyone see the Everton-Chelsea game yesterday? I watched it this morning, and Saha gave John Terry a horrible, horrible time. I can't think of a time when I saw one person give him so much grief. He looked very tired and slow.

Yeah, Saha's second was a quality strike. So was Diamanti's free kick for West Ham yesterday.

Well I've kinda avoided coming in here for ages because of pompey's demise I'm pretty depressed about footie. BY rights we should have be shut down this week, the courts proved we are insolvent which means we shouldn't be going, at least thank god we've been given the chance to give the SCUM one last thrashing, although we havn't started well.

Well we robbed Swansea a treat there, didn't deserve a point at all but we'l take it and go back top.

Excellent results in the championship for us today.. is that one win in eight league games now for Newcastle..? It almost makes up for the injuries we picked up at Reading.

I don't know what the situation with Meite is, but as far as i'm aware Jara only needed some stitches, so that's a bonus.

Also liking the four point cushion we've opened up over Forest now, that's a bit of breathing space.. especially with a game in hand. With Forest and Newcastle still to play each other, at least one of them has to drop points in that fixture aswell.

Gutted we've got a replay today, I think i'd have preferred to go out. Yet another fixture for us and I can't even remember the last time we didn't have a mid-week game. Cardiff away next, on Tuesday.. It's gonna be a tough one.

Come on the Baggies.

Good results for us today, got a jammy point, Forest fall off the pace and you lads have even more games to distract and wear down your players :D

Juuuuuuuuuuuussi!!!

Replays are such a waste of time and money, I wish they'd just go to extra time, get it decided then and there.

Juuuuuuuuuuuussi!!!

Replays are such a waste of time and money, I wish they'd just go to extra time, get it decided then and there.

Replays tend to make teams money, provided they have fans who turn up. But I can see where you're coming from.

Replays are a tradition and part of the FA Cup, though.

And you know what most people are like when it comes to the Fakup - traditionalists, the lot of them.

Also - didn't want a replay. :hmm:

Not the end of the world Villan.. Spurs and City also got replays.

Our competition have no other distractions :hmm:

Our replay is in the week before the final. Man Utd have to play AC Milan before then, so we were hoping for a little advantage like that.

It is annoying, but hopefully we can see them off at Villa Park and play either Reading or Baggies.

Honestly.. If we get through the game against Reading, I'd much rather play Villa over Palace. I think a loss to Palace would have more of a psychological effect on the team, rather than a loss to a Premiership side. That being said our first slip-up in the league this season came after our exit to Arsenal in the Carling Cup, so who knows...

I can't see us lifting the cup, but it is nice to have a good run even though it is a bit of a distraction. It hasn't caused us any problems so far though, so hopefully that continues :)

If we both get through to the sixth round okay after these tough replays, there's only one draw that could be made for the semi's - Portsmouth/Birmingham vs West Brom/Aston Villa.

A Midlands derby at Wembley? It would be epic.

Also, would Birmingham go straight through to the semi final if Portsmouth dissolve this week? I'm guessing that Southampton wouldn't be invited back, as they were beaten fair and square, but it's an interesting topic.

I don't know what the situation with Meite is, but as far as i'm aware Jara only needed some stitches, so that's a bonus.

It turns out Jara fractured a metatarsal and will most likely miss the rest of this season.

Gutted. He's such a versatile player. He's gonna be a big loss :hmm:

If we both get through to the sixth round okay after these tough replays, there's only one draw that could be made for the semi's - Portsmouth/Birmingham vs West Brom/Aston Villa.

A Midlands derby at Wembley? It would be epic.

Also, would Birmingham go straight through to the semi final if Portsmouth dissolve this week? I'm guessing that Southampton wouldn't be invited back, as they were beaten fair and square, but it's an interesting topic.

Birmingham would go through apparently. As otherwise surely the other teams we have knocked out would be just as justified to argue they should still be in cup?

Sadly I don't think its a matter of if more when and what precise time? I've been on phone to a mate from pompey and everyone is so pessimistic its depressing, one of the few times I'm glad to be up here in my little northern exile bubble.