NEurope

Great 2-0 win over Franchise FC :D

Leeds at the weekend, dont think we've ever got anything at Elland Road though

The referees made up for their poor refereeing (in our favour) at the weekend, by being poor yet again last night... this time against us.

A cup game that means nothing sees one referee apparently play for us, then the next league game we get Stuart "ghost goal" Attwell giving a penalty against us for a perfectly fine headed clearance.

Its not like we're gonna win the cup, so the further we advance the more we're just increasing our fixture list. I would have much rather had a fair ref for both games.

I just don't get why refs are so incompetent :shakehead

Palace go into administration, could only name 3 subs last night and their administrators wouldn't let them play their best player in case he injured himself before they sold him (and they scored a peach of an own goal for us - when you're down, you're down).

Pompey's official website is down because they haven't paid their hosting fees

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/

Pretty terrifying time to be a football fan, don't think the top teams are immune either looking at the jaw-dropping debt figures on Man U and Liverpool's books. Plaything teams like Man City and Chelsea at least have someone with a load of cash to inject rather than taking on debts, but an Enron style collapse of one of their owner's main companies could easily see the club seized as assests and stripped. I think we'll see clubs that have been living within their means like Villa and Everton really starting to challenge. Arsenal seem to have done it the right way as well, bringing youth through that they can cash in on, developing young talents rather than buying ready made galacticos and owning their stadium outright instead of owing money on it.

Edited by BlueStar

Palace go into administration, could only name 3 subs last night and their administrators wouldn't let them play their best player in case he injured himself before they sold him (and they scored a peach of an own goal for us - when you're down, you're down).

Pompey's official website is down because they haven't paid their hosting fees

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/

Pretty terrifying time to be a football fan, don't think the top teams are immune either looking at the jaw-dropping debt figures on Man U and Liverpool's books. Plaything teams like Man City and Chelsea at least have someone with a load of cash to inject rather than taking on debts, but an Enron style collapse of one of their owner's main companies could easily see the club seized as assests and stripped. I think we'll see clubs that have been living within their means like Villa and Everton really starting to challenge. Arsenal seem to have done it the right way as well, bringing youth through that they can cash in on, developing young talents rather than buying ready made galacticos and owning their stadium outright instead of owing money on it.

Yeah, that's something I agree with entirely: youth players in the Premiership need to be developed more and more, not just for the national side, but also the overall level of the game.

It's a concept I'd love to see at the Toon, but with the fickleness of most of our fans, I can't see it making any real headway. Sad. Especially when you see people like Steven Taylor, Nile Ranger and Forster touted as the next big things, but we'd much rather buy a big name.

Forster is having a cracking season at Norwich, he's put in some top performances. I wouldn't be surprised if clubs don't come in for him in the summer.

. I think we'll see clubs that have been living within their means like Villa and Everton really starting to challenge. Arsenal seem to have done it the right way as well, bringing youth through that they can cash in on, developing young talents rather than buying ready made galacticos and owning their stadium outright instead of owing money on it.

I dont really think you can say Villa have been living within their means, weasn't it announced that Randy Lerner has pumped £135 million into the club since he's taken over. He's not really done anything different to what Roman has done at Chelsea. (not having ago at villa, actualy one of the few premiership clubs that are likeable)

Just seen Egypt cruise past 8 man Algeria in the African cup of nations semi-final. Algeria need some right discipline before they play in the world cup that's for sure.

The boyfriend of one of my good uni mates is a Palace fan. He's a good lad, will probably be drowning his sorrows in the pub, knocking back the Guiness, I think. It really is a troubling time. I've been at work all day, but came home to that Pompey news (about the website) and it's horrifying. Only word for it. The United situation is pretty grim as well. Putting it lightly...

Also, Ferdinand has been banned for four games. No sympathy for him. He's a total idiot, especially given that we've had trouble with our defence (particularly central defence) this season. Not a great way to signal your comeback from injury. Idiot man. :nono:

I thought the game was fantastic last night. When I looked at the teamsheet, I looked at Rafael, Scholes and Nani and I believed that we needed all three to be at the top of their game. Particularly Rafael and Nani with their decision making, positioning and hardwork. That right hand side had me worried before kick-off, but they were outstanding all night. Rafael I thought had a great game at right back, I was chuffed for him. And Nani...what a difference playing him on the right made. My man of the match was Michael Carrick, though. He was superb in that second half. It was a close one between him and Fletcher, but Carrick just edged it for me. :)

Great 3-1 win for us today. Fairly dominant in the first half, but good to see us cope with a scrap in the second half. Great to see Bednar on the score sheet yet again. Really happy :grin:

With Derby beating Forest, we just need Leicester (sp?) to get something out of Newcastle and i'll be buzzing :D

What about John Terry too eh?

Will there still be harmony in the England team? Should he remain captain?

Speaking of him, the bugger just scored against Burnley to make eet 2-1. :(

The situation is a bit crazy. Was Wayne Bridge still with his girlfriend when Terry had his wicked way with her?

Well the stick he received from the Burnley supporters seems to have helped. Scored a goal to put us back in the lead!

What about John Terry too eh?

Will there still be harmony in the England team? Should he remain captain?

What the hell is the John Terry story?

All I've read/heard is that he had an attempt for the story to be withheld denied, but I can't find any mention of what the story actually is...?

Or has the story not been revealed yet?

Poor Bridge though, can't catch a break. Not even first choice with his girlfriend!

Hahahahahahahahahaha. It still baffles me how Bridge has managed to play in a recently cash-flooded Chelsea and Man City team. He's no Maldini, that's for sure. How he got into these teams, I have no fucking idea.

Nothing would thrill me more than to see Terry and Bridge destroy themselves in a circle of death.

I have never liked John Terry, I really don't rate him as a player or a person, in my mind he really is a twat, I so hope he gets dropped from the england team, doubt it though as everyone seems to worship the twat.

I have never liked John Terry, I really don't rate him as a player or a person, in my mind he really is a twat, I so hope he gets dropped from the england team, doubt it though as everyone seems to worship the twat.

You may not like him, but how can you not rate him?

He is arguably amongst the best centre backs in the world surely?

As for Bridge, I think he's good, not quite Ashley Cole standards but still good enough to be in the premiership!

You may not like him, but how can you not rate him?

He is arguably amongst the best centre backs in the world surely?

As for Bridge, I think he's good, not quite Ashley Cole standards but still good enough to be in the premiership!

Terry is a natural leader, and you'd be daft to not want him in your team...unless you have some kind of super team with 2 or more already World Class central defenders.

Bridge probably is decent enough to play in the Premier League, but as a first choice starter, I don't think so. I don't think he's anywhere near the level of Ashley Cole, and even at his current club, I don't think he's a guaranteed starter there. I think a mid-table club would suit him well, and he'd probably get more games that way. He doesn't play enough for my liking, and I'm shocked that he can still be considered England's number 2 left back. He just doesn't get enough games.

He has been injured for quite a while after the game against Chelsea to be far :grin: wonder if it was John Terry's doing?