N-Europe

Help wih opera

mcj metroid

Problem im having is, Evertime I open a new page it automatically tries and saves it.. It might be a simple problem if anyone knows what setting I might have changed by accident please tell me otherwise Is there anyway to set everything back to default settings?

I tried googling this but all it tells me is to go to opera help or about opera.. but it tried to save That as well?

Any idea how to set the whole thing to default or the setting I may have changed? I just don't like firefox..

Thanks

The problem isn't that he's using Opera. >.>

Frankly I'm not sure what the problem is though. What do you mean by "Tries to save the page"? Save the page like a bookmark?

Or do you mean tries to save the page onto your PC in a Web Archive format?

Either way I didn't see anything in preferences for opera and I've never experienced something similar myself.

I think I may have a solution for you.

One of the things about Opera is they want the browser to be independent of using both keyboard and mouse. You can effectively browse with just one or the other. This leads to many many keyboard commands and mouse commands too,=.

http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/en/keyboard.html Scroll down just a little and you'll see system keys. One is crtl-s which is nearly always save, I'm guessing you may have changed it somehow and it's a key you hit often...maybe. If not I'm out of ideas for the moment.

Here's an image for reference as to where to find the shortcut to check/change it.

57653515.jpg

im afraid not.. thanks for trying to help but it happens when I open a page in any way..

type anyway in adress bar.

opera.jpg?t=1244578287

this is what its doing... you type something in.. and press enter.. bam you get this and no page... even if you click the homepage(which i think is google) you get nothing so it can't be a key...

some setting must be telling opera to save everypage automatically..

Have you tried emailing them about it?

I've never come across this after using Opera for a good few years now. Perhaps you could, after saving your bookmarks, reinstall it?

Have you tried upgrading it to Opera 10, which is in beta now, but works perfectly fine?