N-Europe

Monthly Download Limit - Xbox Live?

Babooo

Guys I need your help. Basically today I just set up my family's new broadband connection, moving from Sky to Talktalk broadband, and I've found out that there is a 40GB download limit, which I'm quite worried about.

Cos as a family, we download alot, i.e tv episodes, movies, music, tv streaming etc. We 4 practically all have our own laptops too so alot of web pages will be loading.

But the most important thing (for me) is the use of Xbox Live. If I play on average around 2-3 hours a day (hey, no job and summer holidays baby!) or even more, how much of that will eat up the monthly allowance of 40GB?

Online gaming uses miniscule amounts of data downloads so I wouldn't worry about that. You might want to cut back on Demos and videos a bit if you download them regularly but you won't reach the cap online gaming.

wicked. thanks for your help man.

What Sky package were you on before? The free one is a 2GB/month limit, the £5/month one is 40GB/month and the £10/month one is unlimited. The terms might not be any different. Anyway, 40GB is quite a lot, web browsing and online gaming will use hardly any of it. You'll have to clock up at least 35GB of other downloads to go over your limit.

At the end of the day just be glad you're not on AOL. 10GB/month limit :cry:

There is a 40GB limit on TalkTalk? Been with them for a year, downloading like crazy like anime series sized 8GB overNIGHT, tv series and episodes, demos both on pc and the ps3, and online gaming as well as internet chat through skype and I have never reached the limit. The speeds are aslo very good. I am still getting over the horrible sounds of dialup connecting :heh: