NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Final Fantasy XIV

Bought FFXIV on the 28th June and blasted through to level 50. 

Is anyone still playing? If so, my user is: Inuet Snow 

It'd be good to see people from here :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nightwolf said:

I'll add you next time I'm on. I'm just a lowly level 35 though.

Wow the player search is shite in FFXIV. You both have to be logged in to find anyone.

What's your character then @nightwolf? At the moment I'm a Black Mage but I may make the switch to Red Mage when I hit the expansion content.

I'm an Archer (well Bard I guess). Which I am enjoying. I sort of wish I had rolled a healer because it seems far easier to level that way. (doing dungeons etc).

Yes you have to be online! Whats your user? I'll keep an eye :)

Happ N'Stance

I do like the fact that you can just go back and start a new job with the same character in the game. Makes it easier to test things out. I did originally have Physick inherited for my Black Mage but there must have been some changes as when I came back about a year later it didn't work anymore.

On 08/07/2017 at 2:06 PM, nightwolf said:

Damn thats fast.

Yeah you get a cumulative xp bonus for each new job below your level.

I think its probably because I've played too many mmos now. 

At any rate, I'm still finding it very fun, mostly because of the story. Holy cow is there a lot! 

I need to try and redo Titan this week at some point. First attempt I didnt understand how to avoid getting knocked off so I stood outside the red circle and got knocked off, leaving my team to beat him. Next attempt I was doing a lot better but then got disconnected!

Playing so much FFXIV at the moment. I started a new character after the last time I posted as I just don't think I understood how to play the game well the first time around so wanted to start from scratch, learn all the abilities properly and follow the story. Went with a Black Mage again and am doing much better this time around. So nice to get really sucked into a game again....it's been a while.

Here's my Black Mage. Happ N'stance again as I like that name :p

IKPoJzl.png

• Like 1

PS5 updated version also on the way.

I just gave the PS4 version a quick try as I'm usually on PC and it definitely needs the upgrade. @Goafer had mentioned what a ness the UI was but I didn't realise how bad it looked at the default settings before you start changing things. I was gonna start splitting my time between PC and PlayStation but I think I'm just gonna stick with PC. I like sitting closer to the action at my desk.

• Like 1

Don't know if anyone caught the Fanfest this weekend, I caught some of the highlights and the opening ceremony (more because I'm interested in what that team is doing and Yoshi-P, rather than playing XIV itself), but thought it was worth highlighting that composer Masayoshi Soken shared that he is in remission after being treated for cancer most of last year, and continued writing music for the game from his hospital bed.

One hell of a man:

Also, Endwalker is releasing on 23rd November, here's the full trailer:

And Yoshi-P walked out as a Hunter Reaper, seeing him carry around that scythe was hilarious :laughing:

Pretty much puts to bed the slimmest of hopes that XVI will release this year (I still think this was their original goal before COVID became an overwhelming factor), and honestly seems unlikely it'll be out before the end of this fiscal year. Not to mention the lack of PS5's in the wild, though that's clearly not for a want of trying, so I think it makes sense. 

Also, not strictly related to XIV, but it was revealed at Fanfest: Yoshinori Kitase is inheriting the role of brand manager from Shinji Hashimoto. 

Don't think he was as involved with XIV as the tweet makes out, but you know ::shrug:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

I think once I'm done with the Mass Effect remasters I'll probably resub to FFXIV. It's one of those games that I'll always find myself coming back to. Never had that with another MMO.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this