NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

There was a knock on my door earlier...and i was handed a parcel..and couldn't believe when i opened it that it was my USA copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2! It was shipped friday and i got it today, i was shocked..espicially as i was in the shower and had to run down the stairs wet (i do anything for a parcel..haha)! :D

It's pretty fantastic from the off really...theres been alot of variety and i'm only like 4 stars in..obviously it's going to be the best wii game to date but you didn't need telling that!

I'll be playing more laterz!

your lucky. Ordered Japanese version and hoping play-asia ship tomorrow so I will have it on friday with fedex shipping.

I havent played the Wii in near enough a year now. Be good to get back on it!

Ya I been playing through the US version. Usually i'd order the jap version or whatever but it's a few days later on release. Unusual really I'd always assumed they get it first.

it's defo better than the first and I loved the first. It improves on the little things.

It's a little hard to tell whether it's harder yet mind i'm just on world 2. There is a star bit level( you know where you feed the luma and a planet appears) that could be really hard if I didn't know how to use the long jump because the platforms flip everytime you spin so you cant really spin for an extra jump.

Great game. Totally back into the wii after the wait after new super mario bros.

Any idea if the trailer music is used for one of the galaxy's themes?

Good to hear you guys are enjoying it. Can't wait to get a copy.

Map screen any good?

I think the map screen is a great improvement. Keeps things swifter and easier to keep track of stars. Navigating the map is fast and easy as well. Since they're never going to be able to create the magic of the mario 64 castle, there is little point trying a hub world anymore.

So far the trailer music was used for the first level.. The introduction star if you will.. But like gusty garden's theme i'm sure it'll come back for another level later on :)

I can't praise this game enough so far. Every level introduces something new. Bowser's road's in this game( or whatever you wanna call it ) is great too.

I think it's a lot better than the first game and wii's finest :)

Great thanks, nice track.

Glad to hear the positive view on the map screen. I quite liked the 3D solar system type view you could spin around etc in Galaxy 1 but oh well.

Didn't think it was possible for a Mario game to better Galaxy 1 but it's quite remarkable how this seems to have done it.

I'm trying to decide between this, Red Dead Redemption, or depending on what Valve potentially release the mac version of on steam tomorrow, that Half Life 2.

Convince me to buy this.

Either way, I'll probably buy whatever I don't now in a month or so.

Edited by Emasher

The soundtrack images:

img03.jpg

Soft 2 "Super Mario" CD, the original appearance of the Club Nintendo! Organized many as 70 musicians in total

The "SKY STATION GALAXY " gorgeous, colorfully, I expressed the Mario universe to adventure. CD2 Discs, Please enjoy all 70 songs."

The end of December 2010, preferential exchange campaign deals! Preferential exchange point 300 』[2" Super Mario "We can purchase a registration point to Club Nintendo, the CD here," 300 points "can be exchanged. (500 points usually exchange) Registration starts: May 27 (Thu)

Any idea if the trailer music is used for one of the galaxy's themes?

Yes, Ronnie. Video of live recording session.

Edited by Dante

In regards to that trailer music. Where was it used in the original Galaxy games? I can't remember where, except the credits...

This game gets a 'tad' harder more quickly in my opinion...probably just me...not so difficult that your throwing your controller at the screen...but easier to make mistakes!

It's amazing.

Wow, currently tied for best game of all time on Gamerankings.

Not that anybody should actually care for that kind of thing, but you know, it's sort of interesting.

Just seen that they'll be demoing this at the MCM Expo this weekend - glad I'm going! :D

I thought I'd read somewhere that the trailer music wasn't actually in the game, aside from the fact that the Sky Station theme part of it is in the Sky Station galaxy and the Gusty Garden part is at the beginning.

If it is a soundtrack for a galaxy I'll be very happy, it's the best song :D

Also, I am very jealous of you Mike! Hope you have an awesome time :)

It's a big shame they didn't mix the Sky Station part and the Gusty garden together in the same track like in the trailer.

It's a big shame they didn't mix the Sky Station part and the Gusty garden together in the same track like in the trailer.

I know! It's insane seeing as they go so well together! Maybe they didn't want Gusty Garden being associated with another galaxy? Of course, I say that and there's a good chance that many of the old songs are appearing in what are new galaxies.

Been playing through the original again with a mate lately in order to get my (incredibly poor) platforming skills back on track! It's his first time playing and from what I can tell, he seems to think it's a pretty swell game (the first hint of that being that we played it for 8 hours straight).

Having a second player really does help with the old star bit collection too - some levels we're getting over double what I would usually get by myself.

^Wow, that's pretty funkin' nuts! I think that if it ends up dethroning OoT, my hype level is gonna go through the roof, which is bad as the excitement may kill me before I get the game :(

Love the fact that Owen and MCJ Metroid already have this game despite it only being released in America 2 days ago and thus making it impossible for them to legally own it ;):D

Hopefully Zelda Wii will surpass both OOT and SMG2.

Just played Buoy Base from Galaxy 1, great little level, with EPIC music, one of my favourite tracks from the game.

Love the fact that Owen and MCJ Metroid already have this game despite it only being released in America 2 days ago and thus making it impossible for them to legally own it ;):D

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

I have NEVER illegally downloaded games...i've paid for all my games thankyou.

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

I have NEVER illegally downloaded games...i've paid for all my games thankyou.

How did you get it so quick? I have a US Wii and I'm still waiting...

EDIT: Sorry for being an assuming prick :)

Edited by Nicktendo

No problem! Like I said VGP sent mine Friday by DHL and it came Monday! Superb service from DHL there! :)

No problem! Like I said VGP sent mine Friday by DHL and it came Monday! Superb service from DHL there! :)

I'm still waiting from Play Asia. Will probably be here next week, and I go on holiday for 2 weeks next weds >.< Enjoy it though, I am truly envious.