N-Europe

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Shorty

Haha! Nice.

I didn't get all the hate towards him. It was that stupid bitch Rose who was annoying. Jack rocked! :D

Rose is definitely belonging my group of "Women I'd like to punch in the face". Raiden, however, fit into the game perfectly. Maybe a bit slow on the uptake, but that was fine when the story came to an end. He asked the questions I would have asked (and I did ask :D) and I got them answered.

I also liked how he really was a credible character.

I'm glad Raiden is back.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, definitely!

I love the new Raiden but I do hope it explains how he turned from MGS2 Raiden to MGS4 Raiden. No so much in how he got the suit and such, although I definitely want to see that, but how he developed as a character. Maybe even cover his childhood under Solidus.

Why are they still called Solid? Surely just the pull of the Metal Gear name is enough...seems odd when especially with Rising doesn't have Snake...

I'm glad it looks like this isn't exclusive. Otherwise I will really have to get a 360...

The Soild part wasnt about Snake but the first steps into 3D gaming of the Metal Gear series.

Yeah, definitely!

I love the new Raiden but I do hope it explains how he turned from MGS2 Raiden to MGS4 Raiden.

I haven't played MGS4 but I guess if they cover this development in Rising it would certainly be a good thing (although I don't know what Raiden is like in MGS4 :p)

Solid normal actually. There's always loads to hand around...

I did complete my no-kill no-alert run on the easiest difficulty though. Invisibility and infinite ammo makes the game so fun! You can just piss around really.

• 4 months later...
Is this game a Metal Gear Solid 5 or is PW Metal Gear Solid 5?

Neither are, there is no MGS5 because neither star Solid Snake... though having said that, MGS3 starred Naked Snake, who is in MG:PW as Big Boss so... that is more like 'MGS5' in that respect but MGS:R stars Raiden yet it bears the 'Solid' prefix.

But yeah, still... there is not MGS5 as such, just spin-offs and semi-sequels. :heh:

• 8 months later...
Is this game a Metal Gear Solid 5 or is PW Metal Gear Solid 5?

Kojima did state that Peace Walker is the game he'd like to have been MGS5, so it's the closest thing to it.

This game is essentially a new franchise I would expect. It probably should just be called "Metal Gear Rising" instead of including Solid in the title, but I guess the full "MGS" name has better selling power.

Anyone else feel that the boxart is decidedly... 'lacking'? It's as if they have taken a Metal Gear game and have presented it like it's just another average action game... for all we know I guess it still could be but anyway, not really liking the style of it, I prefer the old MGS boxarts.