NEurope
Shorty

Forza Motorsport 3

I personally don't care, the second game was good but i got bored of it quite quick.

I would be more excited if I knew that I could pick a couple of favourite cars to work on throughout the game and I could enter whatever competition with whatever I wanted. I stopped playing 2 cos it told me to do up another car for practically every race.

Why was everyone calling it "Fortza"?
I think it's like Impreza (although actually, according to the Japanese, we pronounce that wrong).

I'm definitely looking forward to this.

The tracks seem more good looking than F2.

I loved Forza 2, although I'd like much more crappy cars. Half the charm of Gran Turismo was the ability to buy the car you own IRL and whup everyones ass. Gran Turismo for the PSP is going to contain 800 cars, this will only contain 300, which is a shame!

I really hope that they'll include some off road stages as well.

I would like something like NFS where you would buy one or two cars only and mod them to suit different events without having to buy hundreds of them.

A few more tracks wouldn't go amiss either.

Well since the game is somewhat realistic, the developers probably thought it was a good idea to make different cups with different limitations, to keep the difficulty consistent. In Sega GT all you have to do is to take one of the early open races, and race them over and over again with a really tuned car, and you can buy whatever you want cuz you earn cash so fast.

I'd like a whole bunch of extra cups though, so you can use your fave car over and over again. Hovever, it's not like you need hundreds of cars to beat the game. I've beaten nearly all the cups I've unlocked so far, and I've "only" really used 10 cars.

I don't want an arcadey aproach where 2 cars are enough to beat the entire game.

Actually having some different tracks, unlike the 2nd one. Which contained exactly the same tracks as the 1st one would be a start. Also fixing the AI where the car in 2nd rams you off the track on the last corner of the last lap EVERY TIME plz.

Just read over at Kotaku that the game ships on 2 discs. The second dick is gonna have a lot of cars and tracks that need to be installed on the HDD.

I'm surprised so few seem to be interested in this game... If you want racing simulation, Forza is where it's at!

Anyway, Forza 3 demo is out today, I'm already downloading it.

My problem with this is that the track list is so similar to Forza 2 that it barely seems worth buying again. Then again I haven't played the demo yet.

Wasn't planing on getting this, but I might get it now that GT5 isn't out until next year. I still think it's quite amusing how Turn 10 have released THREE Forza games between GT4 and 5!

Wasn't planing on getting this, but I might get it now that GT5 isn't out until next year. I still think it's quite amusing how Turn 10 have released THREE Forza games between GT4 and 5!

It's very amusing to me as well, it's just a pity that Forza has the potential to be good, but doesn't reach that potential.

Just tried the demo, and I'm simultaneously enthralled and resistant to it. Even with all the assists turned off it feels like a slightly more simmy version of GRID now, but at the same time it's a superbly immersive experience.

It's very amusing to me as well, it's just a pity that Forza has the potential to be good, but doesn't reach that potential.

Why's that?

If it's anything like Forza 2, the surprisingly good racing game, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Well, it's finally happened. A racing sim has finally made it possible to correct oversteering without oversteering in the other direction.

Why's that?

Well, it had some great handling to it but i found the track variety wasn't up to much. Other parts i didn't like too much was the way it over-steered consistently, the A.I always bumped my car off the track at the last second, the way the scenery went past 3x faster than the road as you were driving on it/going past.

Play the demo for 3, the scenery moves much nicer, and the oversteer is correctable without having a luck factor of whether or not you'll steer to far. Can't speak on tracks though and I haven't had much trouble with AI bumping me off. Which, now you can remind if the AI decides to be cheap.

And the Over-steer complaint is hardly worthwhile since it's been an issue of pretty much all sim racers.

Well, it's finally happened. A racing sim has finally made it possible to correct oversteering without oversteering in the other direction.

Forza 2 did that already.

Play the demo for 3, the scenery moves much nicer, and the oversteer is correctable without having a luck factor of whether or not you'll steer to far.

There was no luck factor in Forza 2's oversteer, as far as I know. You could correct oversteer with careful use of both accelerator and brake pedals/buttons and of course proper tuning, just like a real car and that's one of the great features of this great sim. And I'm not too big on racing games, but I know a good one when I play one.

Other parts i didn't like too much was the way it over-steered consistently, the A.I always bumped my car off the track at the last second,

The oversteer issue I've already addressed, as for the AI bumping you off the road at the last second, can't say it's true either. I had many a frustrating moments in Forza 2, but because of my own fuck ups, not cheapness from the game. That's one of the reasons I welcome the rewind feature in Forza 3. Too many times I wasted 7 or 8 minutes on a race in Forza 2 just to fuck up the last turn. Now if that happens, I don't have to redo the whole race, which is nice. :)

i found the track variety wasn't up to much.

With this, I agree. :D Was Forza 2's biggest fault, too few tracks. They claimed many tracks, but most were varieties of the same one (alternate routes, longer, shorter, mirrors).

Forza 2 did that already.

There was no luck factor in Forza 2's oversteer, as far as I know. You could correct oversteer with careful use of both accelerator and brake pedals/buttons and of course proper tuning, just like a real car and that's one of the great features of this great sim. And I'm not too big on racing games, but I know a good one when I play one.

Just like a real car eh? Have you driven a RWD vehicle, then applied enough force to break the rear end loose cause you to slide? I do it nearly daily on gravel. When going to correct the tires don't grab right away and when they do grab it isn't a sudden a grab that pulls me off course like what happens 90% of the time in Forza 2 and GT4.

Fair enough. All I'm saying is you can correct oversteer in Forza 2 using only the accelerator and brake, no need to countersteer the other way like you said. If you're going off road 90% of the time in Forza 2, it's your fault, not the game's, you're doing something wrong. Forza 2 responds quite amazingly to your input, you can't just press full throttle and expect to drive like an arcade game. Forza, like real racing, is all about the cornering. And you brake before cornering.

I may not be a racing pilot, but I played plenty of Forza 2 and became quite good at it at the time, I learned to control oversteering and staying ahead of the race. Again, like in real racing, time is made on the corners, not going all in on the stretches. It has a long learning curve but rewards you fully for time invested and learning to control it. The accelerator and brake triggers are analogue and should be used accordingly.

And car tuning also comes into play.

But I agree that the american muscle cars are a pain to control, precisely because of RWD and too much power. YOu really have to be gentle with the throttle on those bastards.

Also, I remember hating the Corvettes.

But then again, in real life, even if you do drive cars like Corvettes and the such, chances are you're not driving them in racing conditions and at the speeds you are supposed to be driving in the game. Push a car to the game speeds and you'll probably face similar or worse conditions. And die.

That said, of course it's only a video game, and no matter how many physics equations they put in the programming, they will never put them all, so it will probably never be 100% real. But Forza 2 hits a lot of correct notes in terms of handling.

Edited by ...