N-Europe

Wipeout HD fury expansion pack

Choze

This is bloody brilliant! If they keep releasing stuff like this then this game is going to become a classic. I love the new look of the ships with the extra stat increases :D WOO! I'm gonna try finish off gold in all of the HD stuff now before I properly start the Fury section.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trophies are very hard yet they are all bronze. I guess they already packed the game with golds, but cmon, some of them deserve silvers at least.

Seems there's a 109MB patch for this now.

Edited by dwarf

Tbh I was disappointed when I realised there's only 4 proper race tracks. Ok there's the reverse ones but they feel the same, because they pretty much are. I think it's lazy that they didn't adjust the solely zone/zone battle tracks for single race.

Still, the 4 new tracks are pretty cool anyway.

I'm glad they haven't made the elite AI difficult this time round, in the HD campaign they got so frustrating.

OK I have regained 100% trophies for the game but I'm nowhere near done with with the thing, it's just so good. Playing through the campaign was as good as the HD one and when you do an insane lap on phantom its just magical.

I know you guys appear to love the game but there is so much in it you're missing out on by underplaying it! Is it just me but it seems I try and get more value out of the stuff I purchase? Not just time spent doing it but completion and mode/track testing etc.

And after more playtime it is clear that the 4 new tracks are the best out of the whole of Wipeout, yet I still can't master them with any consistency. I guess I'll be playing online more with it now that there's no particular goals left to achieve on my proper account.

Edited by dwarf

I don't think I'm underplaying it, I'm just shit at it.

True that, I'm struggling to learn these new tracks, I could breeze through the others with my eyes closed before Fury came out. Oh, and fuck Modesto Heights..

I will be running something on this soon called 'Beat Phantom Dwarf' where you will have to try and do a speedlap faster than me on one of (or more) the main 4 forward Fury tracks.

Dunno what the prize will be, if any, but once I set some times I am happy with I will let y'all know.

---------

Scratch that, I'm too much of a perfectionist. Ended up doing 30 laps on Talons Junction and still wasn't happy with it. Instead I will set one goal of beating me on Modesto Heights reverse, phantom speed class.

Edited by dwarf

Got all but too trophies for Fury now, Da Bomb and Hold Your Fire. Any track recommendations for these two? For Hold Your Fire, I've read about Anulpha Pass Forward, I've tried it once or twice but with practice I spose it could get easier.

For Da Bomb I think I used Syncopia. It's quite a wide track and not too difficult for bomb placement. My tactic was to concentrate on shooting down the 'middle isle' kind of like the middle lane of a motorway. Just shoot all your bullets at the mines in this section and when you hear 'bomb' just use the EMP. Big Tip: If you miss a bomb don't be afraid to twist 180 degrees to get it, even if it does cost you a bit of damage, they remain there until you finish the lap and usually only takes up 5 or 6 health.

And yeah, I didn't use any guides for these trophies and I did Hold your Fire on Anulpha pass. When there's any sharp turns you have to be careful, but I found that if you concentrate using your EMP for the tight sections it is quite easy - When the path splits in two take the left side, when you go off the ramp if you stay left enough you should avoid a bunch of mines by quite a margin. As you go towards the finish line you should be able to dodge those mines quite easily, remember that it's better to scrape along the wall to avoid crashing into them than to try and drive insanely and end up hitting a mine (or two).

Use your full EMP for all sections bar the last bit I just described and you should be fine. You get +10 energy every lap so that helps. If you're about to career into a few mines just use your EMP no matter how charged it is.

Edited by dwarf