Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Radio 1 Greatest Game Vote

It's on the radio right now.. the boys on the radio are idiots, some boy on the phone complaining that Mario Kart "isn't a game..." :eek:

Anyway, the countdown so far is..

20. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

19. Sensible World of Soccer

18. Pokémon Red/Blue

17. Worms

16. Deus Ex

15. Fallout 3

14. Counterstrike

13. Mario Kart Wii

12. Half-Life 2

11. The Sims 2

10. Grand Theft Auto IV

9. FIFA 09

8. Halo 3

7. Metal Gear Solid (from 2005, according to these fools.. yes.. the original..)

6. Goldeneye

5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (couldn't pronounce Ocarina.. or Ganondorf)

4. World of Warcraft

3. Final Fantasy VII

2. Football Manager 2009

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Pretty horrendous, I reckon (not that I expected anything else :heh:) ..anyway, I'll update it as it happens :blank:

Edited by nekunando

See can see why Football Manager would get a lot of votes considering the demographic of people that listen to Radio 1... It is a great game and guess its been top of its game for well forever (if you count when they originally made CM then the move to FM)

The 50 list.

1. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

2. Football Manager 2009

3. Final Fantasy VII

4. World of Warcraft

5. Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

6. GoldenEye 64

7. Metal Gear Solid

8. Halo III

9. FIFA 09

10. GTAIV

11. The Sims 2

12. Half Life II

13. Mario Kart

14. Counter-Strike

15. Fallout III

16. Deus Ex

17. Worms

18. Pokemon Red and Blue

19. Sensible World of Soccer

20. GTA Vice City

21. Half Life

22. Gears of War

23. Command & Conquer

24. BioShock

25. Halo: Combat Evolved

26. Sonic the Hedgehog

27. Championship Manager

28. Super Mario Kart

29. Resident Evil 4

30. Age of Empires II

31. Elite

32. Mario Kart 64

33. Sonic the Hedgehog 2

34. Street Fighter II

35. Super Mario 64

36. Tetris

37. Shenmue

38. Super Mario Galaxy

39. Halo

40. Super Mario World

41. Pro Evolution 2009

42. Left 4 Dead

43. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

44. Gran Turismo 4

45. StarCraft

46. Super Mario Bros

47. GTA III

48. Doom

49. SingStar

50. Day of the Tentacle

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

I don't get it. I thought it was fairly decent. Why do people object to CoD4 being the greatest game ever so much? Is it to do with the mentality that people adopt to the PC, and switch to Macs simply to rebel and appear individual? Let's face it; it is a fantastically built game and has provided hours of entertainment to both gamers and nongamers alike. It practically introduced my Dad in to the hardcore gaming scene and loads of people I know love it and play it for the game it is.

At the end of the day the list up there DOES have some good games in it, and all the games in the top 20 are no doubt worthy of being there. If you look further down the list you can see lesser known games such as Shenmue, Elite and even Day of the Tentacle makes the cut. I don't understand what people are complaining about. It's a public opinion poll, not a deciding factor in how much fun each game provides.

There are some decent games on the list. But Its not accurate at all IMO. The fact that a sports game, which I'm assuming is an annual sequel cash cow, beat out OoT is disgusting. But Dyson brings up a good point, its just a public opinion poll, and its biased since its selective response and therefore doesn't have a balanced sample of gamers.

I heard something like this on a Canadian radio show a week ago. Only it was the top handheld games, and it wasn't a public opinion poll. The list didn't have any sign of Pokemon, or Tetris and other classics that should have surely made the list, instead it was mostly PSP games with the occasional DS game, there was like one or two from earlier than this generation.

There are some decent games on the list. But Its not accurate at all IMO. The fact that a sports game, which I'm assuming is an annual sequel cash cow, beat out OoT is disgusting.

Have you played FIFA 09? It really does bring a whole new feel to the football/soccer genre. It's justified tbh. OoT is past it's use-by date.

Have you played FIFA 09? It really does bring a whole new feel to the football/soccer genre. It's justified tbh. OoT is past it's use-by date.

Have you played OoT recently? You can't right off games for being old. Aging well is something that determines if a game is classic, and if its one of the best games of all time, surely it has to age well. You can't really tell how well Fifa 09 is going to age at this point. It could be one of the better games of the moment, but does that make it one of the best games of all time?

I see what you're saying. I do. And these "all-time" lists will constantly change as new games are released. AAMOF, I have played OOT recently and it just doesn't have that same magic it once did on the xth playthrough.

Anyway, this is my point - it's all down to interpretation and matters of opinion. I don't want to have a huge debate about whether one game is better than the other but people claiming that it's an outrage that game y came above game z need to take a step back a second and understand why this is.

I also don't want to claim that FIFA is the best game of all time either :heh: Trust me, the list would be completely different if it was up to me - or you.