NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Blah i wanted this game so bad but its not region free :hmm:

How many maps are there?

Why would it being region free have anything to do with buying it?

There are currently 10 Maps (They're big maps though), with 4 of them having parts of them used for Squad Deathmatch.

How is the skill level calculated and what does it mean? I've seen some sketchy explanations from googling it. I'm currently 197, whatever that means.

Perhaps the bullet drop is what's throwing you off with the sniping?

Partly that and partly the animation for loading the next bullet comes to fast. I don't really get a chance to see how much I missed by to correct my next shot so it's trial and error. So far I've worked out that bullets drop less and fly faster than I'm used to. Not worked out how low I need to aim yet to get consistent headshots yet though, or how far in front I need to aim to consistently hit moving targets. Meh, it's coming slowly. Just need a decent semi-automatic rifle now.

Blah i wanted this game so bad but its not region free :hmm:

How many maps are there?

When did you wind up in Canada?!?!?

10 maps. Five for Rush and Five for Conquest. Not many, but they're HUUUUGE!

When did you wind up in Canada?!?!?

10 maps. Five for Rush and Five for Conquest. Not many, but they're HUUUUGE!

Last year.. took my xbox with me and um all the games ive wanted so far have been region free.. apart from this one. ill be home in a a month's time for a couple of weeks so ill have to pick it up then.

Partly that and partly the animation for loading the next bullet comes to fast. I don't really get a chance to see how much I missed by to correct my next shot so it's trial and error.

Hold down the fire button, it'll stay in scoped view until you let go after you fire.

Its probably lag. The game does not tell you how laggy the match is at all on consoles. Some matches it feels like you dont have a chance, when its just lag.

Overall I really like the game. Have not done too much but it seems to play well.

It's pretty much just standard lag like Aimless mentioned a few pages back, (Like getting shot when you've passed a wall) but other than that there's just the isolated case of jumpy sprinting and a couple of seconds of freezing.

Fine apart from that.

The game needs more maps.

Hope you kpet that VIP code, two more are coming same day as COD's map pack. for free.

I'm sick of them always havin a pop at COD, the maps are already on the disc, cheeky sods, even worse if you buy it second hand you'll have to pay for them extra!!!

Edited by James

So like the CoD map pack, do the 360 users get it a month ahead of time?

Also, what does it mean when the dog tag you get from knifing someone is silver?

Edit: NVM, Bronze is for soldiers, silver is for officers, gold is for generals.

Edited by Emasher

Anyone up for some rounds in 10-20 mins?

Just invite me, I'll be there any time :p

One of the dumbest video game lines I've ever heard (from the campaign):

"No. This is bad. This is not good."

Bought this today. Gonna give it a go now. Can't be bothered with single player so think I will just jump straight into multiplayer. If anyone is online go easy one me :P Not played a console shooter in a while.

You'll very rarely go up against someone on your friends list. Generally you'll end up on the same team as them when you join their game.

Seems like this game has been a bit of a hit (on PC at least). EA dropped an announcement today stating that the reason why people were having trouble connecting on PC was simply because they didn't have enough server capacity for that number of simultaneous players. They've upgraded it to 150,000 so far and will continue to increase the capacity.

I'm not sure what the 360 and PS3 figures are like, but in excess of 150,000 players at any one time is pretty good for a PC game. Nobody's sure how many are trying to get on yet, but there's still reports about the capacity not being enough.

Ah cool. From what I played, there are alot of n00bs playing this game, so I think it will be pretty easy for me to get the hang of it quickly :P Really feels like war rather than an enclosed arena when compared to MW2, and it feels like a total different beast when you compare the two. ATM, I feel that MW2 has more personality but maybe that can be found by the type of carnage you can create in a match of battlefield.

Anyways currently watching MoTD so will play more when thats over.

Campaign was pretty poor in all honesty. There was nothing really to it, it was a series of short, cobbled together levels which weren't that well thought out. It was missing something, and a lot of it. Ah well.

Quite shit that I played through it all on hard mode for no reason. The last level was absolutely piss on that difficulty as well, just to add salt to the wound. Getting killed in it always felt cheap and nothing to do with your bad play.

Multiplayer is FUN FUN FUN! On conquest I do pretty well as I am a natural team player, even came first in one of the matches I played and managed to cap cookyman in the head after he got me quite a few times. Really should have got his dog tag to add to my growing collection. Sometimes, knifing people is sooo much easier than shooting them. Once I got used to the fact that if I ran around a corner, chasing foes would not be smart enough to flank instead of directly follow, got a few nice dog tag and camp kills that way.

One time I took a base on my lonesome. Got in one of those APCS, did a kamikaze run, driving over enemies at the base, then switched position to the gun turret and proceeded to shoot all incomers. Another time I ran over cooky. Again fun :P He sniped me way too many times for my liking.

Really need to do some of the more wacky stuff like the sky diving and the other stuff you guys have mentioned. Feel like there is sooo much to do.

Really need to do some of the more wacky stuff like the sky diving and the other stuff you guys have mentioned.

Me, too. The last hour of playtime I've spent getting the 12x scope for my recon class.

Deathjam, I'll add you if I didn't do so already.

Campaign was pretty poor in all honesty. There was nothing really to it, it was a series of short, cobbled together levels which weren't that well thought out. It was missing something, and a lot of it. Ah well.

Quite shit that I played through it all on hard mode for no reason. The last level was absolutely piss on that difficulty as well, just to add salt to the wound. Getting killed in it always felt cheap and nothing to do with your bad play.

Yeah I played through single player on normal - then played thev final level again on hard - probably one of the easiest gold medals ever as it's not any harder than on normal.

I played and managed to cap cookyman in the head after he got me quite a few times.

Hee hee, it's brilliant - I personally think it's far more fun than MW2. Just wait till you get in a 4 man squad and you all mic'd up it's an absolute hoot!.

If you haven't already bought this then, buy the danm thing your missing out on some fantastic multiplayer fun!

Anyone got any tips for the Demolition part 2 trophy? I.e. destroy 50 houses.

It's the last campaign trophy, not sure which level is best for it.

Yeah I played through single player on normal - then played thev final level again on hard - probably one of the easiest gold medals ever as it's not any harder than on normal.

Hee hee, it's brilliant - I personally think it's far more fun than MW2. Just wait till you get in a 4 man squad and you all mic'd up it's an absolute hoot!.

If you haven't already bought this then, buy the danm thing your missing out on some fantastic multiplayer fun!

Cooky, I was in some games with you yesterday night. One of them I ran you over :P

Unlocked the last sniper, the M-95. It's awesome.

The only thing really left for me to do is unlock stuff with the medic and the general unlocks you get at the top levels.

I think I unlocked the Neostead shotgun prematurely. Not that I'm complaining, because it's pretty awesome.

Nice to see they fixed the store with the patch. Not only that, but they seem to have fixed the veteran site. I'm finding the M1 isn't quite as good as it was in 1943. Perhaps its just the fact that everyone else is using modern weapons, but it just doesn't feel that effective anymore.