NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

LONGSHOT ALERT

Anyone have a Scyther that they would be willing to trade? I haven't got great pokémon but would be willing to trade my Quilava for it?

END LONGSHOT

Why would you trade your starter Pokemon which has the potential to become much stronger in its third form, for a Scyther? unless you've allready got another one via breeding of course, if not though it doesn't seem like a great trade tbh.

Anyway, seems you have an offer already...

I have a Scyther, are you available to trade at around, say, 10pm?

Noctowl or Pidgeot? I can't decide which one is better!

Pidgeot > Noctowl... Imo/tbh/idk

But choose whichever you like best.

Seriously, why not get a Scyther from the bug catching contest? I caught a couple of Scythers in my time in the contest and I barely went half distance. Or maybe you are looking for the boosted exp you get from trading?

I have a Scyther, are you available to trade at around, say, 10pm?

Just caught a Scyther myself. Thanks for the offer anyway Tellyn!

Progress is slow now that I've got all the 16 badges.. I wish the VS seeker was present rather than the phone, I may try calling the trainers rather than waiting for them to call, see if it works differently compared to the originals.

Loving the fact I can randomly battle my own team in Viridian City..

Got 14 badges now and currently in Viridan Forest. Think I'm going to switch out my Magnezone with Pikachu. I have never raised a Pikachu before actually. I have heard it's better to stick with Pikachu rather than evolving it to Raichu?

Got 14 badges now and currently in Viridan Forest. Think I'm going to switch out my Magnezone with Pikachu. I have never raised a Pikachu before actually. I have heard it's better to stick with Pikachu rather than evolving it to Raichu?

At least till Pikachu learns Thunder at 45, hold off on evolving to Raichu.

Yay, Pokémon will be available in Dutch-speaking regions as of next friday. Nice! A delay of merely a week. Nice! :D

If you have a Light Ball, then Pikachu is mega bad-ass.

If you don't, then you may as well evolve it

I recently got Togepi, is there a particular level it's best to hold off evolution until? I know Togepi doesn't evolve into Togetic until happy but I could make it hold an Everstone for a bit... also to evolve it further requires a certain stone I believe? Again is there a level that it's better to wait until before evolving?

After loosing to the girls in the dance theatre a second time, mostly due to under-leveling, I think I'm going to ditch four of the six pokemon on my team (I'll keep my Anpharos, and Magmar) and like other people in here have been doing, train pokemon I never have before.

Use serebii.net to check the moveset for all of them.

I've allready done that, I was just curious to see if there were any particular levels that people tend to evolve them at.

------------------------------

Currently having a go at trying to find a shiny leaf, pretty cool little extra, wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't visisted Serebii.net... keep up the good work. :)

Has anyone else managed to find one btw? If you get five with one Pokemon you can get them made into a leaf crown apparently.

*edit* nice! I just found my first shiny leaf using Togepi. :D

Edited by S.C.G

Does any one else think the Safari Zone is an absolute dick? I've only caught one Pokemon on my current run with 5 balls left, cannot get a grip over the mechanics of it and especially those weird bloody objects that you have to deal with now..

Bloody rage.

EDIT: On my last ball, some how netted my second Pokemon during the run.

How the hell is this thing supposed to work? Am I supposed to keep the Pokemon there as long as possible to get it more likely to capture?

Most of the time it consists of these events:

Encountered, bait = Run

Encountered, Mud = Run

Encountered, bait, mud = Run

Encountered, mud, mud = run

encountered, bait, bait = run

And if I get beyond that, I feel it's safe to attempt to catch it, ball clicks once or twice, it remains, throw again, 3 clicks but no capture or no clicks at all, runs immediately after. I believe I can reference the Lawyer from South Park in his explanation for wookies to relate to how I'm feeling regarding this, "It doesn't make any sense".

Edited by Debug Mode

Noctowl or Pidgeot? I can't decide which one is better!

Fiiiiiiiiiiight!

I say Pidgeot who I normally use, but I decided to go with a different flyer this time and went with Zubat.

Voltorb Flip is great, really addictive. Much better than the slots.

Fiiiiiiiiiiight!

I say Pidgeot who I normally use, but I decided to go with a different flyer this time and went with Zubat.

Voltorb Flip is great, really addictive. Much better than the slots.

Says you, it gets too frustrating.

Finally got around to beating the first gym. I'm a little behind you folks.

When can I start using the walker? And can I bung the egg on it?

And why oh why must I teach Flash to a pokemon for that damn cave? I don't want to use it outside of that cave.

As soon as you box a pokemon you can use it. The game never mentions the pokewalker.

Teach flash to a pokemon that can use strength, rock smash and/or rock climb.

You can't wing an Egg on the Pokéwalker

Does any one else think the Safari Zone is an absolute dick? I've only caught one Pokemon on my current run with 5 balls left, cannot get a grip over the mechanics of it and especially those weird bloody objects that you have to deal with now..

Bloody rage.

EDIT: On my last ball, some how netted my second Pokemon during the run.

How the hell is this thing supposed to work? Am I supposed to keep the Pokemon there as long as possible to get it more likely to capture?

Most of the time it consists of these events:

Encountered, bait = Run

Encountered, Mud = Run

Encountered, bait, mud = Run

Encountered, mud, mud = run

encountered, bait, bait = run

And if I get beyond that, I feel it's safe to attempt to catch it, ball clicks once or twice, it remains, throw again, 3 clicks but no capture or no clicks at all, runs immediately after. I believe I can reference the Lawyer from South Park in his explanation for wookies to relate to how I'm feeling regarding this, "It doesn't make any sense".

The Safari Zone works like this

Each Pokémon has a specific value that determines if it runs, I actually have the values and should probably wing it in the Pokédex on my site at some point but I am lazy :p

Mud will increase the chances of capturing the Pokémon but also increases the chances of it Fleeing

Bait will decrease the chances of capturing but also decrease the chance of fleeing

Finally got around to beating the first gym. I'm a little behind you folks.

When can I start using the walker? And can I bung the egg on it?

And why oh why must I teach Flash to a pokemon for that damn cave? I don't want to use it outside of that cave.

Don't worry Ash, I only beat the first gym today too, though admitedly I spent most of my time before that training up six Pokemon to be at least level 15 but still...

You can use the walker as soon as you've put a Pokemon in the PC box, you then select the walker option from the title-screen menu and you can place any one Pokemon on it from your PC box, Idk if you can put the egg on it, I would imagine not but it would be nice if it did let you do it that way, if not though just keep it in your party at the top - the next usable Pokemon will be visible instead - as it won't take long to hatch.

Having to teach a Pokemon the move Flash does suck but at least it's just a TM this time around and not a HM... actually I can't remember what it was originally, anyway, I'd suggest teaching it to the first electric Pokemon you catch.

You only need Flash in a handful of areas, only one of which is essential and that's only in SoulSilver

Mud will increase the chances of capturing the Pokémon but also increases the chances of it Fleeing

Bait will decrease the chances of capturing but also decrease the chance of fleeing

So its completely pointless doing anything other than throwing a ball? Lol.

Pokéwalker caused me some bother today, firstly I thought I'd turned the sound off but I turned it to max as I entered the offices for a job interview I was going to, then the bugger fell out of my pocket as I was in the tube station. Luckily I checked my pocket and noticed it wasn't there and it was literally just behind me, had headphones on so I didn't hear it of course.

In saying that though I got fortunate and had the 3 pogeys I wanted Hoothoot, Murkrow and Elekid. Result.

Just at the Red Gyarados now, going to keep trying for a decent nature so I can EV train that bad boy.

So its completely pointless doing anything other than throwing a ball? Lol.

No.

If it's a Pokémon more likely to run, throw some Bait to keep it

If it's less likely to run, throw some Mud to get an easier capture