NEurope
Dante

Time's World's Most Influential Person Is Moot.

In a stunning result, the winner of the third annual TIME 100 poll, and new owner of the title world's most influential person, is Moot. The 21-year-old college student and founder of the online community 4chan.org, whose real name is Christopher Poole, received 16,794,368 votes and an average influence rating of 90 (out of a possible 100) to handily beat the likes of Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin and Oprah Winfrey. To put the magnitude of the upset in perspective, it's worth noting that everyone Moot beat out actually has a job.

Since Moot launched 4chan.org in 2003, the site has given birth to Internet memes as diverse as Lolcats and Rickrolling. 4chan averages 8.5 million page views a day and 3.3 million visitors a month; by some estimates it is the fourth largest bulletin board in the world. (See the TIME 100 Finalists.)

For proof of Moot's influence on the web, one need look no further than the TIME 100 poll results. While Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao got a larger vote total (20,391,818), the runner-up for the title of world's most influential person, Malaysian politician Anwar Ibrahim, received a mere 47 on the influence scale. (See the full results here.) Moot denies knowing about any concerted plan by his followers to influence the poll, though TIME.com's technical team did detect and extinguish several attempts to hack the vote.

Undoubtedly, many people will question Moot's worthiness of the title world's most influential person. TIME.com managing editor Josh Tyrangiel says that Moot is no less deserving than previous title-holders Nintendo video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto (2007) and Korean pop star Rain (2006). "I would remind anyone who doubts the results that this is an Internet poll. Doubting the results is kind of the point."

www.time.com

bit of a moot point these days, isn't it?

;)

ar-har-har-har... :blank:

what the hell?! everyone knows dante is the world's most influential person.

...oooh... unintentionally deep. think about it.

MARBLECAKEALSOTHEGAME

Is what the first letter of the names from moot to Elizabeth Warren spell if you hadn't noticed.

ar-har-har-har... :blank:

what the hell?! everyone knows dante is the world's most influential person.

...oooh... unintentionally deep. think about it.

Be quiet Bluey.

Be quiet Bluey.

*is quiet*

...do you see?! O__o

influence. right there!

i just called the new york office to tell them of their mistake. they told me i should vote next year. LETS DO IT Y'ALL! :grin:

dont worry dante, all of us at KNEEE will get you the recognition you deserve!!! *thumbs up!*

These people are so influential that the first one I've heard of is at 29.

Lol so he did end up to win, I too did my part and used spamming sites made by some dudes at 4chan. Several of those sites were trolls so I ended up voting 1 for moot and 100 for someone else.

Totally worthless pool though.

I have no idea who Moot is...

You better stay that way.

Anyway, the votes were not IP filtered, you could vote hundreds of times if you wanted. Of course the guys in 4chan made bots to boycott the voting system. Sum that with their numbers and this is what you get.

You better stay that way.

Anyway, the votes were not IP filtered, you could vote hundreds of times if you wanted. Of course the guys in 4chan made bots to boycott the voting system. Sum that with their numbers and this is what you get.

That's not exactly true, you got blocked if you did a huge amount of votes in a small amount of time.

That's not exactly true, you got blocked if you did a huge amount of votes in a small amount of time.

Well, that's a huge amount of votes already when each person should vote only once per contestant. They should have done it with IP filters.

Well, that's a huge amount of votes already when each person should vote only once per contestant. They should have done it with IP filters.

May I point you towards this.

TIME.com managing editor Josh Tyrangiel says that Moot is no less deserving than previous title-holders Nintendo video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto (2007) and Korean pop star Rain (2006). "I would remind anyone who doubts the results that this is an Internet poll. Doubting the results is kind of the point.

Anyway, Poole fully deserves the 'award' as he's managed to get 17 million people to vote for him saying he deserves it. That's highly influential right there.

It's not always a good person who 'wins' Time's awards. Their own person of the year was topped by Hitler in 1939 and G W Bush a few years back. That list is the person who has affected the media the most.

I thought this was a joke when I first read it. Though it is quite awesome.

I agree with others who say that if he can get people to create bots and stuff to vote for him he must be influential. People should look at it this way, why weren't there as many bots created to vote for the other people.

Surely the most impressive things is they managed to spell marblecake also the game?

That is indeed strange. And impressive.

But come on, Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus above Shiegru Miyamoto? Tsk, tsk ...