Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The C-Word

Ashley

Ah cool. I can see you doing that as you are like a fountain of knowledge bubbling over.

Actually that has always been my backup plan, lecturer. I think I could be a good television studies lecturer (or general media but i prefer tv) but its not something I want to go immediatly into. More like in 20 years time when I may finally think about settling down.

Truth be told seeing Tim's (former site owner and now Nintendo employee) facebook statuses as he hops around the world I'd quite like that, a job that takes me places. I'm too fidgety to settle in one place.

(I swear, I did not mean to turn that into a me-fest...)

Ah cool. I can see you doing that as you are like a fountain of knowledge bubbling over.

Actually that has always been my backup plan, lecturer. I think I could be a good television studies lecturer (or general media but i prefer tv) but its not something I want to go immediatly into. More like in 20 years time when I may finally think about settling down.

Truth be told seeing Tim's (former site owner and now Nintendo employee) facebook statuses as he hops around the world I'd quite like that, a job that takes me places. I'm too fidgety to settle in one place.

(I swear, I did not mean to turn that into a me-fest...)

you would be such a better television studies lecturer than the one i have at the moment! hes like completly useless and i dread (often skip) going to his lectureres.. he writes them out the night before and gets fact/figures all wrong (we're constantly having to correct him)

i dunno what i want to do with my life after uni - im not really interested in media any more..

i was thinking of doing a masters but i cant find the motivation or the courage to leave ni(and my dad, my dogs and my nando)

you would be such a better television studies lecturer than the one i have at the moment! hes like completly useless and i dread (often skip) going to his lectureres.. he writes them out the night before and gets fact/figures all wrong (we're constantly having to correct him)

i dunno what i want to do with my life after uni - im not really interested in media any more..

i was thinking of doing a masters but i cant find the motivation or the courage to leave ni(and my dad, my dogs and my nando)

:(

*broken hearted*

Having royally fucked up my second year at university I now have an extra year in which to think about a realistic career.

What i'd like to do is work for a few months solid in my hometown after my degree in order to earn wads of cash and then move to London, get a part time job and give the band a serious go. As long as we could get regular paid gigs we'd survive and i'd be doing something that I wanted to do. On top of that I wouldn't mind writing for TV or Film.

Realistically though I'll probably have to look into lecturing on film criticism or being a film critic, most likely both. It's not a field I completely believe in, but it's something that I can do well and it would be much more enjoyable than a typical 9 to 5. All in all I just want to do something I enjoy, it would be a crushing blow to me if I ended up working somewhere I despised.