NEurope
david.dakota

Firmware Update

anyone tried to put the huge savefile from brawl onto the sdcard? Did it load the savedata?

Save data will not load from SD card. Only channel data.

Sweet jack-jumping-Jesus in heaven, I never thought I'd see the day. I intend to enjoy many more delights from the Wii Shop Channel now that we finally have this function at our disposal.

How do people feel about the storage solution?

I do feel Nintendo have missed the opportunity to revise the Wii Menu, it seems a shame that the games can't be stored on the Wii Menu or a My Virtual Console channel.

However, this is far and away better than visiting the bloody shop time and time again.

It is obviously not perfect.. but I'm trying it out at the moment and the games take hardly any time to get going so it feels as if they are basically there on the Wii anyway.. I'm pretty content :smile:

wats the max amount of pages you can have? my 2gig card show 20 pages on the sd card channels?

how many would u need? whats the best size mem sick to go for ? cheers

edit will that 16 gig hc def work ? for wii and dsi ect?

There's 20 pages each with 12 channel slots so you can have 240 game channels.

So after all this time you still can't play save games off of sd(hc) cards? I don't get it. Someone with a whole lotta games will have his internal memory clogged up eventually.

There's 20 pages each with 12 channel slots so you can have 240 game channels.

And thats regardless of the size of your SD Card, 512mb or 32gig, its 20pages.

So after all this time you still can't play save games off of sd(hc) cards? I don't get it. Someone with a whole lotta games will have his internal memory clogged up eventually.

The problem is that all current games look for save data on the Flash Memory, they'll not have the instruction on disk to find saves on SD.

I'm going to put together a list or feature article entitled "WiiWare Games You've Probably Missed In Your Ignorance" in the light of this new update. :heh:

Great stuff anyway, I'll be able to test it out once my 2GB SD cards arrive from Play.com.

And the Wii Speak Channel 2.0 update just seems to be under the hood stuff, I can't see anything noticeable.

Yes. You can. Including the Homebrew Channel. Though I haven't tried to launch it yet.

HBC Fails to launch.

Probably because you moved it to the SD Card, according to the people behind HBC, if it's already installed on your system it will still work.

Here and

Here

Though I still haven't updated... maybe when I get back from holidays and I need to download something... might wait to buy a bigger SD card too?

Installing for the first time or moving to the Wii doesn't work, but as said by Mokong, updating is fine. Need to wait and see for a little bit and see if work arounds even work.

Though I can still downgrade so it's all good :heh:

Awesome news...finally they get their finger out of the arse...now I can get back to downloading VC games, something I gave up long ago when I got sick of having to free up space off the Wii.

Not bad, Nintendo, not bad at all! I've already re-downloaded some of the VC and Wii Ware titles I'd had to delete, and moved them to the SD card, so now the only game channels I have on the Wii menu are NES games. Not as good as a proper hard drive, but better than I was expecting.

A question I have. Is there a list of games you've already downloaded when you connect to the shop? I lost my WW/VC games for some mad reason and I can't remember every game i've downloaded.

A question I have. Is there a list of games you've already downloaded when you connect to the shop? I lost my WW/VC games for some mad reason and I can't remember every game i've downloaded.

Yes there is.

Nintendo just made a cool million off of the VC. Not really but I'm assuming they will.

I just spent £20 on my US VC: Mario 64, Zelda OOT and Starfox 64. Lovely. :p

On the Wii Shop channel just click on Downloaded Titles.

Good to see an update in place and largely positive feedback so I best get updating.

Hopefully this will encourage me to raid the Shop Channel a little more , although I should probably get around to completing the VC titles I already downloaded first and forgot about after having to previously delete them :p.

I'll try it then.

You've already moved it off your Wii memory though, doubt you'll be able to move it back... it's only unaffected if it's already on the Wii memory before the update and not moved off

Not as good as a proper hard drive

Why? With support for 32gb, its a comparable size to a HDD- but without the hassle of a dongle or plastic block sitting next to the Wii using one of our precious USBs.