flameboy

Help me decide what to cook!!!

Which fishy delight to I create?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which fishy delight to I create?

• Marinated Halibut with spiced aubergines
    • Grilled Sea Bass with stir fried stuff
    • Sea bass with roasted shallots, sauteed potatoes and red wine sauce

Ok so here goes, I have been kinda been seeing this girl over the last few weeks, going out for drinks etc...but the other night she said she wished she could spend more proper time with me, so I asked her if she wanted to come round and I'd cook and she said yes. So I am cooking, she loves seafood so I have picked three recipes and have got 3 to pick from...

Marinated Halibut with spiced aubergines

The halibut is sat on the spiced aubergines with basil

Grilled Seabass with stir fried asparagus, red pepper and sugar snap peas

Abit oriental as its stir fried with garlic , ginger, pak choi, soy sauce, thai fish sauce, spring onions

Sea bass with roasted shallots, sauteed potatoes and red wine sauce;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/seabasswithroastedsh_84188.shtml

Although I am going to modify and use white wine as think red wine might actually be to overpowering..

No contest, 100% grilled Sea Bass.

Aubergines are the rabies of the vegetable world. Solidified semen in a skanky black casing. Hurrendous.

They all sound like meals from a Marks & Spencer advert.... "This is not just Halibut, this Marks & Spencer's Marinated Halibut with spiced aubergines"

But yeah, I'd also go with Grilled Seabass

Yeah I have to agree I think the grilled sea bass will be the best and most impressive...anyway its taken an early lead will see where the voting goes...

The marinated halibut sounds nice. What's is it being marinated in? That'll help me choose between that and the grilled Seabass.

The marinated halibut sounds nice. What's is it being marinated in? That'll help me choose between that and the grilled Seabass.

tumeric, olive oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper...gordon ramsay recipe...that will likely put people off lol..

I think I'd go with the Marinated Halibut. Hearing what the marinate is shows it's simplicity but there's no need to go over board and flashy with dinner. Keeping it simple can sometimes be the best thing to do. And plus, it sounds nice.

I think I'd go with the Marinated Halibut. Hearing what the marinate is shows it's simplicity but there's no need to go over board and flashy with dinner. Keeping it simple can sometimes be the best thing to do. And plus, it sounds nice.

Yeah I have thought that...she loves sea food so as long as I don't fuck it up, I can't really got wrong.

Anyway I'm off to work now...will check back when I get home and then gonna get the stuff tomorrow.

I'm not a big fish fan so I can't really offer advice. Only fish I really like is prawns :/ I'll go with the grilled one because... I think I'd dislike it the least.

Grilled sea bass because of the combo with sauteéd potatoes (love them done that way) and the sauce.

EDITLOL: That's not the grilled one. I'm voting for the third'un...

I'm not a big fish fan so I can't really offer advice. Only fish I really like is prawns :/ I'll go with the grilled one because... I think I'd dislike it the least.

Err... since when were prawns fish?

Anyhoo, I'd go with the grilled seabass and stir fry. It sounds the safest option whilst still having a variety of flavour.

Err... since when were prawns fish?

Shelfish? :bouncy:

You wouldn't call them "meat" lol.

No contest, 100% Sea bass with roasted shallots, sauteed potatoes and red wine sauce.

Aubergines are the rabies of the vegetable world. Solidified semen in a skanky black casing. Hurrendous.

Totally agree. I'm hungry now.

:p

Misquotation is the work of evil. How dare you.

C'mon though people, think of the logistics! We can't throw shallots in on this potentially romantic situation! ROOKIE MISTAKES!

Halibut. The spiced aubergines sound immense.

Sea bass with wine sauce is a close second though.

Shelfish? :bouncy:

You wouldn't call them "meat" lol.

You're right, I wouldn't, but then I wouldn't call them just "fish" either. Crustaceans would be my first choice of word, followed by shellfish.

I reckon Sea Bass is nicer that Halibut, and would go better with sautaed potatoes and red wine sauce than a stir fry. Not a big shallot fan myself, but I love Sea Bass!

well a quick check shows them neck and neck, looks like Halibut is gonna miss out. Sea bass is pretty awesome though so not surprised...Voting closes when I get home from work at around 11ish...and have to write a shopping list...

I was thinking of changing it to a white wine sauce as thought white wine would complement the sea bass better, but the red wine would go with the shallots and the potato...

I was thinking of changing it to a white wine sauce as thought white wine would complement the sea bass better, but the red wine would go with the shallots and the potato...

Chatting like the battle has already been won. :(:cry:

Chatting like the battle has already been won. :(:cry:

Well no just adding weight that could sway votes either way...people may be put by off my tinkering with the recipe...

Can't believe the lengths I am going to, to pick the best dish...I am actually excited at the thought of people voting...obviously not as excited as the night itself (tomorrow night)

Oh, it is. :P

Are you drinking with the meal? I don't really know much, but I imagine you don't want a red-wine sauce with a white-wine table drink, which you're surely having with the fish anyway?

Oh, it is. :P

Are you drinking with the meal? I don't really know much, but I imagine you don't want a red-wine sauce with a white-wine table drink, which you're surely having with the fish anyway?

Erm...not sure if we are drinking with the meal actually...we have only ever gone out drinking and both keen to have a night off the booze, so we may perhaps not. But you are right you wouldn't eat fish with red wine you would have white wine.