NEurope
Ellmeister

Festivals 2009

Seconded. Gizmo called me and I had no idea what the number was so I asked, couldn't really hear, he hung up >_>.

Epic.

Yeah, shit me, Reading was as immense as expected. Great stuff. My phone died on the Friday though so I was unable to contact anyone including the mighty Gizmo. Irritating but it can't be helped.

So many good festival memories already. Roll on '10!

Yeah, shit me, Reading was as immense as expected. Great stuff. My phone died on the Friday though so I was unable to contact anyone including the mighty Gizmo. Irritating but it can't be helped.

Same as. Pathetic, everyone else still had battery on the sunday. AND I kept mine off most the time, urgh.

Killer weekend for music this year, I saw

Florence and the Machine

Manchester Orchestra

Friendly Fires

Airbourne Toxic Event

Streetlight Manifesto

Kings of Leon

--

Enter Shikari

Go:Audio

65 Days of Static

Metric

Prodigy

Glasvegas

Arctic Monkeys

--

3OH!3

The View

Lethal Bizzle

Passion Pit

Crystal Castles

Deadmau5

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Mighty Bloc

Radiohead

Bolded being the awesomewin ones. Disappointing Monkeys set but aside from that...

Seconded. Gizmo called me and I had no idea what the number was so I asked, couldn't really hear, he hung up >_>.

Epic.

I was in the middle of the crowd waiting for Brand New, was wondering if you were in my vicinity >_> Too much chatter going on around me though, couldn't even hear what you were asking me.

You sir, are an epic fail. You turned your phone off on the Thursday, I phoned you about 3 or so I think to meet up but it was already off. Texting was useless because there was like a 2hr delay on receiving after they were sent. I had a print out of ;D which I intended on using to some sort of advantage at some point and everything >_>

I will post a more detailed summary tomorrow. I gotta get to sleep, as I'm up at 5.30am tomorrow to head up to Aberdeen :cry: Bad timing or what!

Edited by Gizmo

Here are the bands I saw with the awesome ones bolded too. Good idea!

Friday

Jack's Mannequin

Deftones

Fall Out Boy

Placebo

Friendly Fires

Kaiser Chiefs

Kings of Leon

Saturday

Enter Shikari

Maximo Park

Prodigy

Sunday

Frank Turner

Vampire Weekend

Crystal Castles

Yeah Yeah Yeah's (Though the acoustic cover of Maps was brilliant)

Bloc Party

Radiohead

Unfortunately I didn't get to see Lightspeed Champion or La Roux due to clashes but aside from that I got to see everyone I wanted to and wasn't disappointed :D

Edited by Dyson

Had an amazing time in Leeds. Saw bands I wanted like Florence, Gossip, Kids In Glass Houses and whatnot. Then bands like The Prodigy, Lost Prophets, Vampire Weekend and whatnot were pretty great too.

Though, some of Chans other mates made a sign saying "Call 4 Sexy Time *Chans number*" and held it up. It got shown on the big screen, and then Pete Wentz held up an inflateable mobile phone and informed people he was going to ring it. She actually couldn't breathe, she was laughing so much. She ended up getting about 30 phonecalls, it was amazing.

So happy I can shower again.

LOL@KOL.

They loved Leeds but not Reading, we were in our masses shouting but I think the wind was meaning they couldn't hear us etc. What dickheads getting all high and mighty thinking they are better than everyone. They got paid a lot of money to stand up there to do their jobs.

Songs were pretty good though when they weren't pissing about.

My brother went to Leeds fest. He saw KoL and he said that they were excellent whilst having a go at the Reading crowd. He also said Radiohead were brilliant.

Anyway, anybody get to see Them Crooked Vultures? A supergroup containing Dave Grohl, Josh Homme and John Paul Jones? My brother did, after being informed via text, and he said they were awesome. He also didn't know that the bassist was indeed John Paul Jones until today when I told him. :grin:

My phone died too, did keep an eye out for you though.

Your the only persons face i could remeber who is on here :)

I really enjoyed it.

I ended up losing my shoes though XD

Got to the front during Prodigy, and Arctic Monkeys.

They're a pretty decent thrash band. Anyway, so I don't feel left out, this year at festivals I saw:

Adorned Brood (x2)

Airbourne

Alkonost

Amon Amarth (x3)

Anthrax

Apocalyptica

Aura Noir

Backyard Babies

Bai Bang

Beholder

Black Stone Cherry

Blind Guardian

Blitzkrieg

Buckcherry

Carcass

Cathedral

Coheed & Cambria

Cradle of Filth (x2)

Dagoba

Dark Fortress

Der W

Destroyer 666

Dragonforce

Draugnim

Einherjer

Endstille

Enslaved (x2)

Equilibrium

Europe (x2)

Falchion

Fejd (x2)

Gamma Ray

Girschool

God Seed (x2)

Grand Magus

Hammerfall

Heaven and Hell (x2)

Heaven's Basement

Heidvolk

Iced Earth

In Flames

Insomnium

Irrbloss

J.B.O.

Kataklysm

Keep Of Kalessin

Kivimetsan Druidi

Koritni

Korpiklaani

Kreator

Lacuna Coil

Machine Head (x2)

Manegarm

Manowar

Mastodon

Melechesh (x2)

Metsatoll

Million Dollar Reload

Moonspell (x2)

Motley Crue

Municipal Waste

Nashville Pussy

O.M.T.

Pain

Papa Roach

Queensryche

Running Wild

Sabaton

Sacred Reich

Sarke

Sarkom

Satyricon

Saxon (x2)

Sodom

Taake

Testament

The Haunted

Thyrfing

Today Is The Day

Turisas

Tyr

UFO

Vader

Vreid

W.A.S.P.

Wolf

Wolfchant

Wolves In The Throne Room

Yggdrasil

wow uve been pretty bizzy on the seeing bands front rizz.......im guessing you went to bloodstock or wacken? On the bands at reading from the highlights ive seen on tv and internet the two best bands seem to be Faith No More who looked awesome and radiohead.

wow uve been pretty bizzy on the seeing bands front rizz.......im guessing you went to bloodstock or wacken?

Both of those. And Hellfest and Ragnarok.

Right lets :

Danananananananananananakroyd

Manchester Oseerchestra

Alexisonfire

Funeral For a Friend

Horrors

Fall Out Boy

Florence and the Machines

Friendly Fires

Kaiser Chiefs

Kings of Leon

Rakes

Enter Shikari (Acoustic and actual session)

Eagles of Death Metal

ThemCrookedVultures

I heard Go:Audio because we were sitting away waiting for people watching it, I am ashamed to say I heard it.

65DaysofStatic

Prodigy

Rise Against

Metronomy

Vampire Weekend

Brand New

Bloc Party

Lostprophets

Bolded for favourites :)

65DaysofStatic

:bowdown: Someone else who saw em!! One of the best live bands I've seen. Blew the little festy republic tent away

-

Getting photos developed tomorrow, should be abit good

One of my most anticipated (and rightly so ;)) bands of Reading 2009. Were amazing. Got crushed and came staggering out. My friends found me and said I was looking gormless. I was so dead after it.

Why did nobody tell me ThemCrookedVultures were playing? I saw Dave Grohl at the back during Eagles of Death Metal, but assumed he was just there as a guest. Fuck.

I saw:

Friday

Danananananananananananananananananakroyd - Never heard of them before, but they were pretty good.

Manchester Orchestra - On the recommendation of people on here, but was a little disappointed. Too mellow for festival crowds that don't know their songs too well, I think.

Alexisonfire - Twice. In the tent they were awesome, on the main stage I didn't go into the crowd so it wasn't quite as good.

The Riverboat Gamblers - Not bad

Funeral For A Friend - Awesome. Even better than when I saw them live in Glasgow.

Placebo - Good. Not that into them, but I enjoyed their set.

Anti-Flag - Freaking amazing as always. Lost my shoe in the crowd, bad times. Crowd surfed out to save my toes, good times.

Saturday

Fightstar - Better than expected. I still have that Busted stigma attached to them though and struggle to take them seriously.

Spinnerette - Pretty average indie band

Eagles of Death Metal - Good, was right at the front of the crowd for it, and it was a good set.

Enter Shikari - Not particularly into them, but the crowd was insane. Inhaled so much dust during this set.

Ian Brown - Shit. He was stoned out of his mind, really out of tune, and generally terrible. Left after 3 songs.

Rival Schools - Also shit. Pretty bland, left after 2 songs.

You Me At Six - The last resort for this slot. Average shitty teeny bopper band. They played a cover of Lady GaGa, and tbh, when thats one of your best 6 songs to impress a festival crowd, you know you're shit.

Maximo Park - Reasonably good

Prodigy - INSANE. Crowd was so fucking rough. Lots more dust was inhaled. Almost broke my leg in a crowd collapse. But still good times.

Rise Against - Amazing, just as good as when I saw them in Glasgow (which was damn good) but I couldn't enjoy them as much as I wanted because I was absolutely exhausted from Prodigy (and ES earlier). Literally stumbled back to the tent and collapsed in a heap.

Sunday

Kids In Glasshouse - Pretty decent

Noah and the Whale - Ok, but really static. The entire band barely moved for the whole thing, might as well have listened to a CD.

The Living End - Easily the best band I didn't know of beforehand. A drummer, a lead guitar / singer, and a bassguitar SLAP DOUBLE BASS! Really cool. Gonna have to get their album for sure.

Brand New - A little disappointing. Failed to really get the crowd fully into the set. Again, I think a bit too mellow for a festival crowd really. And the didn't play Sic Transit Gloria. Still good despite this though

Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Horrible. The lead singer is an absolute banshee. READDINGGG!! SUNDAAAAAAYY!! Only there for crowd positioning for Radiohead.

Bloc Party - Didn't hear much of the music because the crowd was so rough. Everybody pushing forward for Radiohead. If they had played 2 more songs, I'd have had to get out of there, but luckily I managed to get through it and ended up 2 people from the front.

Radiohead - Absolutely stole the show. So, so amazing. Better than when I saw them a year ago, which I didn't think possible. Played a great setlist, crowd was awesome as it had calmed down and was really just chilling and enjoying the set. Highlight of the weekend by a country mile.

Nice roundup there Gizmo. I was wondering if I'd been around you at all for any of the bands but we only went to two or three similar bands. No worries!

I'm so gutted I missed Them Crooked Vultures because I was getting pissed. Oh well, I heard they were doing Hammersmith this December.

Went to Offset Festival at the weekend. I had not planned on going but decided that a weekend without football would be too much to bear at home, so headed down and bought a ticket at the enterance, assuming it would be cheaper because they need to get as many people in as they can.

It wasn't, costing £20 more than I had expected, but after a moaning few minutes of putting the tent up we sat down cracked open the booze and had a cigarette to calm frustrations. Saw less bands than I expected to but I caught the main attractions The Horrors, Dananananakroyd, Teen Sheikhs, Panico, Male Bonding. Best band of the weekend was undoutedly Factory Floor who have managed to go from being a run of the mill Joy Division rip off to one of the best bands I've seen in years in the space of only a few months, but I guess that is the power of Nikki Colk.

Spent an awful lot of time at the comedy tent, which fell into complete disarray and was genuinely amazing to behold. With compere Bob Slayer struggling to hold it all together as he called up anyone from the crowd who wanted to have a go, it was the most brilliant (yet unplanned) anti-comedy i've ever seen live.

The security decided to leave early on the Sunday night and everything completely fell apart, so much so that the police sent out a helicopter to try and calm everything down, but instead we all just got a lot worse.

Still nowhere near the standard of All Tomorrow's Parties, as Offset's line up and organisation leave a lot to be desired, but a hell of a good time was had by most and I ran into a load of London friends that I haven't seen all summer. So in the end it really was worth the £70.