NEurope
Dyson

The World's Most Unwanted Song

Scientific researchers have created software and done studies to calculate the possibilities of a song becoming a hit based on various musical and lyrical qualities. That's boring.

We're more interested in the work of composer Dave Soldier and artists Komar and Melamid, who asked about 500 visitors to their website to give their views on the music they'd least like to hear. The trio used this information to compose "The Most Unwanted Song" that "fewer than 200 individuals of the world's total population will enjoy.â€

Here's their description of the track:

"The most unwanted music is over 25 minutes long, veers wildly between loud and quiet sections, between fast and slow tempos, and features timbres of extremely high and low pitch, with each dichotomy presented in abrupt transition.

"The most unwanted orchestra was determined to be large, and features the accordion and bagpipe (which tie at 13% as the most unwanted instrument), banjo, flute, tuba, harp, organ, synthesizer (the only instrument that appears in both the most wanted and most unwanted ensembles).

"An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and 'elevator' music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs. The most unwanted subjects for lyrics are cowboys and holidays, and the most unwanted listening circumstances are involuntary exposure to commericals and elevator music."

After reading all that, you probably can't wait to hear the song. We don't want to keep you jonesing any longer. Here's "The Most Unwanted Song."

http://s3.beatcrave.com/Audio/most_unwanted_songs/KomarMelamid_The-Most-UnwantedSong.mp3

Give it a listen. What do you think? It's crazy. I almost like the complete outwardness of it but can't bring myself to actually enjoy the music itself, just the concept.

Feels like the biggest joke ever though. I really want to hear it in my ears now, knowing it was made for the opposite.

THIS IS AWESOME. :grin:

I could listen all day!

Also they stole my idea. :( Except more tuneful than I want it to be.

They must have gotten a pretty retarded sample, like, people who listen do soulja boy. Accordion and bagpipes are some of the most unique best sounding instruments. My only problem with it is that because its such a big music the different part don't go well together.

Igor Stravinsky's The Rite Of Spring fits the description of it almost exactly, but it's one of the greatest musical works of the 20th century. It's madness to assume that only 200 people in the world would appreciate it.

Some of the song they produced sounds great. Bizarre Wal-Mart sample in there though.

And boo to you Moogle. Boo to you.

Umbrella is a brilliant pop song. Totally deserved it's stay at no.1.

Umbrella is a brilliant pop song. Totally deserved it's stay at no.1.

I must disagree. I saw some girls sing it at kareoke... and already not liking it to begin with, I thought I'd check the meaningful lyrics.

99% of the song consisted of the word "ella, ella, ella", used with complete genius to rhyme with the word umbrella.